• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wEstSidE
OK, here it goes.

more details i should have taken photos of (top button is a snap, side pocket is also salvage, etc.) but i feel like that should give you the gist.

Wow. Where did you buy these? Are they in stores now or off ebay?

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lucky enough to find these at an outlet. probably going to sell some pairs on here as i am a poor college student. what size are you? if you want a 33x34 or 36x34 i can hook you up.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wow really nice pickups from the last couple of posts
smile.gif

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
wow really nice pickups from the last couple of posts
smile.gif

+1. On a side note I just watched "the social network" and now I feel like i should be making better use of my time. This is the 5th time today that I have checked the RRL thread.
ffffuuuu.gif

phxlawstudent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tv2177
they will definitly stretch. i had mine for about 3 weeks, they were skin tight, but now they fit comfortable.

Do you have the low straights?

I ask because mine are really really skin tight right now and could use some encouragement to either keep them or toss them before I wear them any more.

Dodo

Reaction score
Hi guys, interested to buy a pair of oxford shirts from RRL, my chest size is 40" and i want a slim/trim fit, do you think size M can fit me fine or i need a size L?
Anyone have them and can post pictures of them dressing?
Where can i find RRL collections on line to give a look?
thanks guys, hope to find them soon

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dodo
Hi guys, interested to buy a pair of oxford shirts from RRL, my chest size is 40" and i want a slim/trim fit, do you think size M can fit me fine or i need a size L?

The sizing will vary based on season/collection but in general i think you are medium. I measure a 43" chest and take larges in RRL oxfords.

westinghouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dodo
Anyone have them and can post pictures of them dressing?
Where can i find RRL collections on line to give a look?
thanks guys, hope to find them soon

You need a large.

My chest is 43" and I take XL.

el duderino

Reaction score
Regarding oxford sizing, you need to make clear which versions you are asking about. The selvedge oxfords which are part of core that have been for sale at Barney's and occasionally pop up on eBay are really slim. If they were pants, they would be nut huggers. Whereas in their normal shirts, a size small is 36-38, but in the selvedge oxfords a small is 35-37 and it will most likely be skin tight, or pucker at the buttons, and you may need to size up.

There are newer versions this SS11 which are extreme fit oxfords. I haven't tried them on myself, but looking at pics, they seem to be a fuller cut overall and probably closer to normal sizing.

Shameless plug: if anyone is looking for 31-32 garment dyed officer chinos, check my sig. The ones that pop up on eBay are all regulation cut, so figured there may be interest for recent season slimmer officer chino versions.

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by somatoform

This is interesting, never seen it before (sorry, big pics):

I've seen this in tan canvas at my local RL store, great item.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the iron core salvage shirts are slim, but you are making them sound BoO slim which they are not.

el duderino

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pebblegrain
I've seen this in tan canvas at my local RL store, great item.
Yeah, they re-did it for Heartland, although the buttons are crappy (but replaceable) and the fabric is too soft and flimsy.
Originally Posted by wEstSidE
the iron core salvage shirts are slim, but you are making them sound BoO slim which they are not.
I actually thought they fit about as slim as BoO, even moreso. And by RRL standards, they are the slimmest fitting.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i really disagree about the comparison. i have a rrl western shirt that fits much slimmer than the iron core salvage oxfords.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can you guys stop scaring me about buying RRL online...?
teacha.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads