• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

conservative business dress WAYWRN: An Experiment

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Despos
This mindset exists. One time I had 15 clients in the same company and there was a clear division of who wore what styles and even a distinction of where to shop.

What is UCBD? Can't figure out the U

Originally Posted by Redwoood
Ultra.

As in "I don't want my clothing choices to possibly offend anybody"

Exactly.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NORE
Exactly.

My experience was a bit different. The main clientele at this Co. were the owner and execs. When someone would close a big deal they would buy him a suit. After making a few suits for an individual I asked why he continued to shop with someone else. He said that he was more comfortable staying where he was as everyone he came up in the Co. with shopped there and he was identifying with that work group. He was acknowledging the different tiers of men in the company.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This mindset exists. One time I had 15 clients in the same company and there was a clear division of who wore what styles and even a distinction of where to shop.

laugh.gif
That's hilarious. I really would hate to work in that sort of place. Actually, I wouldn't like to work in any completely conservative business dress workplace, as you can tell by what I wear, but I can see most being fine if you naturally enjoy the fun-within-rules mindset that apropos concisely outlined upthread. But if you added in a de facto shopping-location hierarchy to it on top; man, that sounds so oppressive.

mrjames

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba

IMAGE_040.jpg

solid look- are those trousers tapered, if so what's the width of the bottom hem and knee?

that's pretty much exactly how I want my trousers to be altered to, I think mine currently taper too sharply

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My experience was a bit different. The main clientele at this Co. were the owner and execs. When someone would close a big deal they would buy him a suit. After making a few suits for an individual I asked why he continued to shop with someone else. He said that he was more comfortable staying where he was as everyone he came up in the Co. with shopped there and he was identifying with that work group. He was acknowledging the different tiers of men in the company.

Let me guess...Brooks Brothers?

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kitonbrioni
Kiton three-piece suit
NM pocket-square
Armani tie
Borrelli shirt
NM belt
Varvatos socks
Brioni balmorals
Hermes cologne
Cartier watch

spam[1].gif

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NORE
Let me guess...Brooks Brothers?

No, they were using a Tom James sort of operation, someone who went to their office, took measurements, MTM.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cronicmole
Manton, I'm curious..you prefer your Buttondowns without collar roll?

No, I just order the shirts, if they fit, I wear them. That looks fine to me.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Skinny, you've been knocking em' out of the park these last few fits. Hell, I hate tasseled loafers but when I see your fits, they actually work.

That's a great looking square in your last fit Manton, and those shoes..
inlove.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads