• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

gastarbeider

Reaction score
Originally Posted by phxlawstudent
Interesting info for anyone wondering about the Beeswax DB sizing.

The beeswax DB's are US sized a full size larger than the UK sizing, whereas the regular DB's are sized only a half size larger than the UK counterpart. You can see this inside the shoe, where both UK and US sizes are listed.

***Disclaimer*** I could be mistaken and it could be a size smaller than UK as I don't remember. Either case, its a full size difference for the Beeswax, and a half size for the suedes.

not with mine.

you must have picked up a pair with a golden ticket.

allaboutshoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DBs... well you can pickup the Clarks originals for $95-$100 on zappos, OR you can pick up the Johnston and Murphy Runnell boots, which are FAR superior. They have a sheepskin lining and genuine plantation crepe rubber sole which make it flexible and easier to walk. They retail for only $35 more but they have them on sale here for $104 in lots of sizes.

Size question: I was wondering what DBs can be worn with other then jeans (khakis or even dress slacks) in a light beige or sand color. Pix would be great. Thanks! Great thread btw

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
2119720102223165212592163_L.jpg
Clarks black leather

Pieceofsand

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gettoasty
2119720102223165212592163_L.jpg

Clarks black leather

They were out of those for a long time. Are they back now?

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm about to pull the trigger on those wine bushacres... I also want to get a pair of the beezwax ones but am deciding between the crepe or bushacre soles... What do you guys prefer? I'm worried the crepes will wear down quickly and be slipery in any wet weather, but on the upside might be softer and give more height... Are the bushacres really stiff or hard on the feet? Thanks.

leeFX

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
I'm about to pull the trigger on those wine bushacres... I also want to get a pair of the beezwax ones but am deciding between the crepe or bushacre soles... What do you guys prefer?

I'm worried the crepes will wear down quickly and be slipery in any wet weather, but on the upside might be softer and give more height... Are the bushacres really stiff or hard on the feet?

Thanks.

I have the Bushacre's... they're nice. I heard crepe is more comfy though.

phxlawstudent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have both crepe, J&M crepe, and Bushacre. While the crepe is more squishy, I personally feel the harder sole is better for longer distances.

As for J&M crepe v. Clarks crepe. No difference in practical walking, both kind of suck. The J&M hurt my feet more though. J&M may be sheepskin lined, but that sheepskin keeps the heat in; not very desert friendly. Plus J&M doesn't come in a huge range of sizes. Small feet need not apply, wide feet do not apply.

allaboutshoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by phxlawstudent
J&M may be sheepskin lined, but that sheepskin keeps the heat in; not very desert friendly. Plus J&M doesn't come in a huge range of sizes. Small feet need not apply, wide feet do not apply.

THEY MAY BE CALLED desert boots but i dont think too many people live in deserts, unless you live in Arizona like my man phxlawstudent
laugh.gif

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When you guys sized your desert boots, did you go with tight (widthwise) or size up for a roomy fit?

phxlawstudent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by allaboutshoes
THEY MAY BE CALLED desert boots but i dont think too many people live in deserts, unless you live in Arizona like my man phxlawstudent
laugh.gif

Fair enough.
tounge.gif
As an aside, it was 100 degrees today.
angry.gif
I guess to be fair to J&M, its called a suede chukka, not a desert boot, per se.
Originally Posted by Froosh
When you guys sized your desert boots, did you go with tight (widthwise) or size up for a roomy fit?
I sized down .5 from my running sneakers. I have wide feet.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Froosh

I have normal width feet and actually order them half a size smaller than my regular shoe size.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quoddy ***** bricks on Clarks....anybody who says otherwise is riding Clarks' dick.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads