• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For the guys who swapped lace laces on their DB, any sites/places you recommend to find some replacements? Thanks! (thinking about my Beeswax)

phxlawstudent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by czs
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone has experience with these as a cheaper alternative

http://www.cjrfootwear.com/product_i...roducts_id=498

On another note, if anyone wants to sell their Clark's DB in dark brown, drop me a line. Only thing is I live in Singapore. My shoe size is US 10, so I would assume I would need 9.5 for DB's ?

I'd sell you my 8.5's, but they probably don't fit. :p

Clarks can be regularly had for $75 here, can't you get someone to proxy one for you? Or is that still too much?

housie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by phxlawstudent
I'd sell you my 8.5's, but they probably don't fit. :p

Clarks can be regularly had for $75 here, can't you get someone to proxy one for you? Or is that still too much?

Where might I pick up a pair for $75 in the US?

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They might carry Clarks at your local nordstrom rack. The ones I saw didn't have your typical ****** crepe sole either.

cioni2k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Froosh
When you guys sized your desert boots, did you go with tight (widthwise) or size up for a roomy fit?

I go with my normal dress shoe size (8.5D). They fit a tiny bit snug in the heel (comfortable) with plenty of room in the toe box (but not too much). I went through a pair of 9's in Taupe Suede and after a while I found there was too much length and I was tripping over my toes sometimes. I would suggest just going with your normal size, but some people like to size down. I think it would be too tight/uncomfortable

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cioni2k
I go with my normal dress shoe size (8.5D). They fit a tiny bit snug in the heel (comfortable) with plenty of room in the toe box (but not too much). I went through a pair of 9's in Taupe Suede and after a while I found there was too much length and I was tripping over my toes sometimes. I would suggest just going with your normal size, but some people like to size down. I think it would be too tight/uncomfortable
That's what I'm finding. I'm an 11 in Nike sneakers, a 10.5 in most everything else but when I try a size 10 in Clarks DB it is really tight widthwise but fine in length. If I go with my usual 10.5, it's definitely on the loose side, and I don't know if it will get even looser with time.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hrm ok so most of you sized down 1/2 to get a good fit lengthwise, but was it tight widthwise for the first few wears?

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
for size reference... I have a slightly wide foot, so chucks in an 8 are a wide enough but a little too long, purcell's in an 8 are perfect (little shorter then the same chucks), chucks in a 7.5 are tight but just wearable... Desert boots in a 7.5 fit well with a little insole to help, size 7 is too tight and didn't want to take the risk to stretch...

ie, size down 0.5 from normal

jelly

Reaction score
do you guys just apply Obenauf's Heavy Duty LP (8 oz)?

is there a need to get the water shield & leather oil?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads