• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Jabonator

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by madmadigan
Should I kop? These are Timberland Boot Company Counterpane Chukka Boot in Black, retail is $315-350 (somewhere in there). Can get them for $149.00. So, should I kop?

2433xus.jpg

Definitely.

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
I wish, it's actually just 50% wool 50% poly-acrylic. made in belgium though!
teacha.gif

EDIT: damn I lied it's actually 07-08 not 06-07 lemme find the runway pic

Ugh I knew there was something I forgot to do, that knit was crazy cheap
ffffuuuu.gif
Looks good.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
aight heres the deal one of the best RO leathers ever released
LaZvL.jpg
or...arguably the best leather julius ever put out
18087_1.jpg
in black, its pictured as charcoal here. I'm torn between the two because I could sort of get away with the rider right now cuz its not that hot like the RO one, which seems to have wool inside. The RO one is cheaper and used, but its a amazing price. Julius jacket is rare and the price is around retail, BNWT. So, its difficult especially with the blackbird 40% sale, want a twist plaster LS so bad..
ffffuuuu.gif

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big Pun
Ugh I knew there was something I forgot to do, that knit was crazy cheap
ffffuuuu.gif
Looks good.

lol, mine is a 38, pretty sure I kopped the last/only one for like 180 or something but yeah the 40 sat there for a while and went pretty low I think.

lane I don't like that julius at all, RO is bad ass though I'm curious if you could pull it off, hopefully you've assembled stuff that would look appropriate with it, it's a pretty strong piece .

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
I think the RO would suit your style more, Lane. I find the Julius a bit too "rock n roll" for you, if you get what I mean?
true, thats exactly what I was thinking a bit. I want a aggressive leather, but not something with that kind of vibe that much. I do love it, and its siiiick. I want a leather that brings the same vibe dropcrotch pants do, though. I just love leathers with that kind of collar, they suit me the most, imo. andrew, I have quite the assembly. My other worry is that I have way more julius than RO. So, I dunno how suitable an RO jacket is. btw, kunkypoo if you are around is the high collar really hot inside? seems like wool is in there.

NameBack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree with Uncontrol on this one -- I'd go with the RO. Think it would look great with your aesthetic.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
If this is your only leather (or your go-to) I think you're on the right track making practical considerations paramount. If it's too hot to wear most of the year / doesn't go with your other stuff then that should be a pretty big determining factor. Of course your other stuff can change.

djan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lane
aight heres the deal one of the best RO leathers ever released
LaZvL.jpg
or...arguably the best leather julius ever put out
18087_1.jpg
in black, its pictured as charcoal here. I'm torn between the two because I could sort of get away with the rider right now cuz its not that hot like the RO one, which seems to have wool inside. The RO one is cheaper and used, but its a amazing price. Julius jacket is rare and the price is around retail, BNWT. So, its difficult especially with the blackbird 40% sale, want a twist plaster LS so bad..
ffffuuuu.gif

If it was my call, I'd go with Julius.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads