Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Jabonator

Jabonator Senior member

Should I kop? These are Timberland Boot Company Counterpane Chukka Boot in Black, retail is $315-350 (somewhere in there). Can get them for $149.00. So, should I kop?

[​IMG]

Definitely.

2. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

I wish, it's actually just 50% wool 50% poly-acrylic. made in belgium though! [​IMG]

EDIT: damn I lied it's actually 07-08 not 06-07 lemme find the runway pic

Ugh I knew there was something I forgot to do, that knit was crazy cheap [​IMG] Looks good.

3. Lane

Lane Senior member

aight heres the deal one of the best RO leathers ever released [​IMG] or...arguably the best leather julius ever put out [​IMG] in black, its pictured as charcoal here. I'm torn between the two because I could sort of get away with the rider right now cuz its not that hot like the RO one, which seems to have wool inside. The RO one is cheaper and used, but its a amazing price. Julius jacket is rare and the price is around retail, BNWT. So, its difficult especially with the blackbird 40% sale, want a twist plaster LS so bad..[​IMG]

4. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

I really like that Julius rider, keep in mind its slim as helll

5. Lane

Lane Senior member

do you still own your red one?

6. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

nah, sold it a bit back.
    Was a touch too small (and red)

7. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

I think the RO would suit your style more, Lane. I find the Julius a bit too "rock n roll" for you, if you get what I mean?

8. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

Ugh I knew there was something I forgot to do, that knit was crazy cheap [​IMG] Looks good.

lol, mine is a 38, pretty sure I kopped the last/only one for like 180 or something but yeah the 40 sat there for a while and went pretty low I think.

lane I don't like that julius at all, RO is bad ass though I'm curious if you could pull it off, hopefully you've assembled stuff that would look appropriate with it, it's a pretty strong piece .

9. Lane

Lane Senior member

I think the RO would suit your style more, Lane. I find the Julius a bit too "rock n roll" for you, if you get what I mean?
    true, thats exactly what I was thinking a bit. I want a aggressive leather, but not something with that kind of vibe that much. I do love it, and its siiiick. I want a leather that brings the same vibe dropcrotch pants do, though. I just love leathers with that kind of collar, they suit me the most, imo. andrew, I have quite the assembly. My other worry is that I have way more julius than RO. So, I dunno how suitable an RO jacket is. btw, kunkypoo if you are around is the high collar really hot inside? seems like wool is in there.

10. NameBack

NameBack Senior member

I agree with Uncontrol on this one -- I'd go with the RO. Think it would look great with your aesthetic.

11. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

If this is your only leather (or your go-to) I think you're on the right track making practical considerations paramount. If it's too hot to wear most of the year / doesn't go with your other stuff then that should be a pretty big determining factor. Of course your other stuff can change.

12. Teger

Teger Senior member

the julius one is also really short wearing

13. djan

djan Well-Known Member

aight heres the deal one of the best RO leathers ever released [​IMG] or...arguably the best leather julius ever put out [​IMG] in black, its pictured as charcoal here. I'm torn between the two because I could sort of get away with the rider right now cuz its not that hot like the RO one, which seems to have wool inside. The RO one is cheaper and used, but its a amazing price. Julius jacket is rare and the price is around retail, BNWT. So, its difficult especially with the blackbird 40% sale, want a twist plaster LS so bad..[​IMG]
    If it was my call, I'd go with Julius.

14. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

15. zissou

zissou Senior member

Those huge Rick collars always look horrible after a short while, though, IMO.