• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

conservative business dress WAYWRN: An Experiment

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5574520378_bb725e9965_z.jpg
5573935645_ec8d4c3760_z.jpg
5574535178_c342996aef_z.jpg

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
TRINI, you're looking good these days, mostly, but by God you need a new shoe wardrobe.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Very close to ordering a cream linen suit. Please tell me on a scale of 1-10 how conservative business dress that is.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Very close to ordering a cream linen suit. Please tell me on a scale of 1-10 how conservative business dress that is.

√-0.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
TRINI, you're looking good these days, mostly, but by God you need a new shoe wardrobe.

Thanks and I know.
blush.gif

Thoughts on a pair of these?

5573251908_131d445e56_z.jpg

mmkn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
master

For a second there I thought I was on the Renal Transplantation Forum's discussion of whether a surgeon's knot, slip knot, or square knot would be the best knot to approximate the renal artery to the graft . . . Not!

One can always re-tie one's shoes. Hypotension and a bleeding transplanted kidney, another matter!
laugh.gif

Seriously, I just got into bespoke shoes and folks are showing me how to do various secure ties. Keeps me flexible and away from the dreaded calcification, I suppose.

- M

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Yes.

Seriously, I have seen some ridiculous nits picked on Style Forum, but shoe knots?

I sail so I know how to tie a small variety of basic knots but I have never known that there was a "correct" one for tying one's shoes and that mine is "wrong."

This is like the time some ass criticized me for an "off center tie dimple." Well, OK. You got me.

Hey, it's not as trivial as it sounds: one time I tied a bowline in a pair of cap-toes and ended up having to chop the laces off.
frown.gif
At least I kept my feet attached.

BTW - I vehemently disagree with the hoi polloi about the bold rep tie from last week - I liked it. Whether that makes you feel any better...would be debatable.

wmb

Reaction score

I agree, but I don't mind this pair of shoes so much (the Mora double monks looked pretty bad though) That is a big watch for conservative business dress and I always prefer those collar buttons buttoned...

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
I can barely master one, now I learn there's a whole wide world of shoe knots I can be experimenting with. Linkz plz.

Don't try them all at once!
http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/knots.htm

Originally Posted by mafoofan

You'd look good in this, so unless you really need another work suit, why not just order it and wear it for non-work occasions. A Rubinacci cream linen would be great, DB even better, like the one from the 30s that's floating around here.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mmkn
For a second there I thought I was on the Renal Transplantation Forum's discussion of whether a surgeon's knot, slip knot, or square knot would be the best knot to approximate the renal artery to the graft . . . Not!

The only practical thing I ever learned from my time in the OR when I was a student/junior doc was how to tie my trash bags securely, so they never open accidentaly. Surgeon's knot, every time.
laugh.gif

Surgery requires such immense patience; nowhere more so than transplant work I think, given the fineness of the work. Man, it would do my head in. Kudos to you dude.
biggrin.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics