• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

clark kent

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
^All nice items and textures; unfortunately, silhouette comes off slightly, but noticeably, pear shaped.

Pfurey, that is badass until you get to the boots. They have no place there.

ahh i see what youre saying. any help on fixing this? like what would help even it out?

pfurey

Reaction score
More the silhouette than the colour, I mean if you had MMM sidezips there I would be in favour. I would say don't tuck and something sleeker.

Word. I have Jil shoes that I could use, too.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by clark kent
ahh i see what youre saying. any help on fixing this? like what would help even it out?
Shorter T shirt instead of henley would help on the left. In terms of outerwear something with some shoulder structure is best but even just doing up the TOJ would help, the way it makes an A shape is accentuating the problem. Obviously the easiest method is longer outerwear that goes past your hips. Look at Pfurey for example; there is no way in hell with that jacket length and the squared shoulders that his hips could protrude far enough to screw up the proportions.

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
Pfurey, that is badass until you get to the boots. They have no place there.
+1 the top looks awesome. im sure the photo quality really helps too. def get rid of those boots. urban lumberjack is marsupialed. replace it with some lanvin strap high tops from 2008 or with some distressed black MMM GATs. if you pair that with white MMM hightops (velcro or classic) it would be true margiela steeze.
Originally Posted by pfurey
Word. I have Jil shoes that I could use, too.
jil shoes would be cool too. i love jil shoes. Lanvin rider Uniqlo +J shirt Cerruti 1881 Dior 19cm Lanvin shoes
IMG_4218.jpg
Close up for RFX
IMG_4229.jpg

pfurey

Reaction score
thanks, sq. i've swapped out the boots with jil shoes and it's way better, but I'm lazy to snap another image. everything is shipley, minus the t.

that jacket is amazing.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't really like the sq fit, everything looks really clean, light and almost preppy and the jackets deconstructed and dark and a bit technical. I also hate the fit of 19cms, but thats just me, everyone else seems to love them.

pfurey

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
AR is talking about

The lack of structure on both the jacket and the henley lead the viewer to believe he has child bearing hips.

What would help him, is a jacket with more structure in the shoulders and a good taper and / or a shirt with the same attributes.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pfurey
The lack of structure on both the jacket and the henley lead the viewer to believe he has child bearing hips.
The lack of structure contributes but it's a combination of factors. I deal with this issue myself so I always notice it even when it's not glaring and obvious (it isn't here)

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
Your cigarettes don't break?

all the time.
redface.gif
There are packs that end up with me pulling out 10 broken cigs in a row. But that is the price we pay for nice back pocket fades.
redface.gif
(0) Been doing it for years.

pfurey

Reaction score
The lack of structure contributes but it's a combination of factors. I deal with this issue myself so I always notice it even when it's not glaring and obvious (it isn't here)

Yeah I agree. I don't think it's a bad fit and most likely looks better in real life anyway.

flyguy7

Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
Have you ever completely shaved your head. Your fits are on point, but the receded hairline is throwing things off a bit for me. I know it's something that is certainly not in your control at this point (outside of getting rid of everything), but I think a clean dome would improve the overall look. It looks like you've got the face shape that would support such a cut.

Haha you're very right, bald guy Steez is a tough sell. I basically keep buzzing my hair with a lower number every 6 months. I'm sure just shaving my head is coming, but that's so much effort
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads