The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

More the silhouette than the colour, I mean if you had MMM sidezips there I would be in favour. I would say don't tuck and something sleeker.

2. clark kent

clark kent Senior member

^All nice items and textures; unfortunately, silhouette comes off slightly, but noticeably, pear shaped.

Pfurey, that is badass until you get to the boots. They have no place there.

ahh i see what youre saying. any help on fixing this? like what would help even it out?

3. pfurey

pfurey Senior member

More the silhouette than the colour, I mean if you had MMM sidezips there I would be in favour. I would say don't tuck and something sleeker.

Word. I have Jil shoes that I could use, too.

4. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

ahh i see what youre saying. any help on fixing this? like what would help even it out?
    Shorter T shirt instead of henley would help on the left. In terms of outerwear something with some shoulder structure is best but even just doing up the TOJ would help, the way it makes an A shape is accentuating the problem. Obviously the easiest method is longer outerwear that goes past your hips. Look at Pfurey for example; there is no way in hell with that jacket length and the squared shoulders that his hips could protrude far enough to screw up the proportions.

5. sq4you

sq4you Mid-level baller

Pfurey, that is badass until you get to the boots. They have no place there.
    +1 the top looks awesome. im sure the photo quality really helps too. def get rid of those boots. urban lumberjack is retarded. replace it with some lanvin strap high tops from 2008 or with some distressed black MMM GATs. if you pair that with white MMM hightops (velcro or classic) it would be true margiela steeze.
    Word. I have Jil shoes that I could use, too.
    jil shoes would be cool too. i love jil shoes. Lanvin rider Uniqlo +J shirt Cerruti 1881 Dior 19cm Lanvin shoes [​IMG] Close up for RFX [​IMG]

6. pfurey

pfurey Senior member

thanks, sq. i've swapped out the boots with jil shoes and it's way better, but I'm lazy to snap another image. everything is shipley, minus the t.

that jacket is amazing.

7. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

sq one of the best I've seen from you. well done.

clark kent i have no idea what AR is talking about, looks great though [most] henleys kind of annoy me it's fine.

8. fuji

fuji Senior member

Don't really like the sq fit, everything looks really clean, light and almost preppy and the jackets deconstructed and dark and a bit technical. I also hate the fit of 19cms, but thats just me, everyone else seems to love them.

9. pfurey

pfurey Senior member

AR is talking about

The lack of structure on both the jacket and the henley lead the viewer to believe he has child bearing hips.

What would help him, is a jacket with more structure in the shoulders and a good taper and / or a shirt with the same attributes.

10. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

The lack of structure on both the jacket and the henley lead the viewer to believe he has child bearing hips.
    The lack of structure contributes but it's a combination of factors. I deal with this issue myself so I always notice it even when it's not glaring and obvious (it isn't here)

11. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Your cigarettes don't break?

all the time. [​IMG] There are packs that end up with me pulling out 10 broken cigs in a row. But that is the price we pay for nice back pocket fades. [​IMG] (0) Been doing it for years.

12. pfurey

pfurey Senior member

The lack of structure contributes but it's a combination of factors. I deal with this issue myself so I always notice it even when it's not glaring and obvious (it isn't here)

Yeah I agree. I don't think it's a bad fit and most likely looks better in real life anyway.

13. flyguy7

flyguy7 Senior member

14. flyguy7

flyguy7 Senior member

Have you ever completely shaved your head. Your fits are on point, but the receded hairline is throwing things off a bit for me. I know it's something that is certainly not in your control at this point (outside of getting rid of everything), but I think a clean dome would improve the overall look. It looks like you've got the face shape that would support such a cut.

Haha you're very right, bald guy Steez is a tough sell. I basically keep buzzing my hair with a lower number every 6 months. I'm sure just shaving my head is coming, but that's so much effort [​IMG]

15. vincent0524

vincent0524 Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.