• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Dude lives in the worst area code of socal.

/thread

Lakers baby Lakers

951socal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Dude lives in the worst area code of socal.

/thread

Lakers baby Lakers

username is a joke my freind made about the metal mulisha guys, i actually life about 5 miles south of the 951 cut off , on the edge of the 760 area code in north county

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 951socal
neither maison martin margiela nor TOJ leathers are "high end"
also today. you can definitely pick up a 5 zip brand new for about a 1/3 of what i paid for my 5 zip ($1800) in 2002

the jacket is worth about $600 in 2011 new, mine is probably worth in the few hundreds, probably lucky to get $200 for it.

which is why im just going o keep it for a few more years and donate it to goodwill or something

i own the ******* thing and im a college kid, who wears it to classes when its cold.
it's not high end.

bespoke, thats high end.

CCP is where the cutt off point to high end would be IMHO, those balmain jackets with the $20k price tags, love to have a few of those.

you guys said it yourself, mmm is not greatly designed, and its not all that high quality. you put it on the pedestal not me. i bought it because it was a classic jacket that was $1800, and i can't afford a high end jacket right now.

also: you're kind of an asshole, i don't want you to have my paypal adress or my return adress.

So you were wearing Margiela in what, 4th or 5th grade? That's unprecedented baller status right there. And buying it with your own money no less? You must have had one hell of a paper route.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stylin-1
So you were wearing Margiela in what, 4th or 5th grade? That's unprecedented baller status right there. And buying it with your own money no less? You must have had one hell of a paper route.
Dude, he is clearly a mature student; did you miss the part where he pointed out that RFX's thinking was typical of a young man who had not the benefit of this socal's years of wisdom, as imparted to him by the partial completion of a program at an institute of higher learning? Raise your hand if any of you went to college. Yeah didn't think so. Game set and MATCH.

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
Dude, he is clearly a mature student; did you miss the part where he pointed out that RFX's thinking was typical of a young man who had not the benefit of this socal's years of wisdom, as imparted to him by the partial completion of a program at an institute of higher learning?

Raise your hand if any of you went to college. Yeah didn't think so. Game set and MATCH.

Well then he best stop referring to himself as a college kid. He's probably 60.

Maybe this is him:

mike-jefferies.jpg

951socal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stylin-1

think that one through.
not everyone started college at 17-18

Originally Posted by diorowen
Temple of Jeans?
how many oz is their raw denim?
I guess you guys talk about different stuff.
951socal= temple of jeans,
the rest= temple of jawnz.
worship.gif

i don't like typing like a thug

himelator

Reaction score
i own over a thousand jackets...I have about a million photos of jackets. I would have a hard time saying who made the absolute best of the best today..*I figure it is me and John Chapman but here are a few vintage jackets that I love http://www.himelbrothersleather.com/...m=1&gallery=21 I made those but here are a few examples of jackets I have sold in the past...
http://www.fevintage.com/PICS/september2/DSC_0320.jpg

http://www.fevintage.com/PICS/endjuly1/end0072.JPG

this last jacket is a classic Shields cafe racer I have hundreds and can tell you all about leather and production techniques if you are curious

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
neither maison martin margiela nor TOJ leathers are "high end"
also today. you can definitely pick up a 5 zip brand new for about a 1/3 of what i paid for my 5 zip ($1800) in 2002

i own the ******* thing and im a college kid, who wears it to classes when its cold.
it's not high end.

bespoke, thats high end.

CCP is where the cutt off point to high end would be IMHO, those balmain jackets with the $20k price tags, love to have a few of those.

you guys said it yourself, mmm is not greatly designed, and its not all that high quality. you put it on the pedestal not me. i bought it because it was a classic jacket that was $1800, and i can't afford a high end jacket right now.

also: you're kind of an asshole, i don't want you to have my paypal adress or my return adress.

think that one through.
not everyone started college at 17-18

So there is a cut off for 'high end' leather jackets; what is the age cut off for 'college kid' ? 35?

Brooklands

Reaction score
yes, i lived in tokyo prior to coming here for school. protip: most American's don't know this. Japanese culture, not popular to buy things used. i guarantee none of you won't believe me until you meet a Japanese person, but take it how you want our cultures and norms are compeltey different, you don't need to compare katrina with the recent tsunami to believe that
Wait...how do you explain the MASSIVE vintage clothing scene in Japan...Rin Tanaka's books, the Japanense kids who buy up used Diors from Hedis era, the store after store filled with vintage clothing, not to mention constantly changing YJP market. And before you say anything, I've met one or two Japanese people...I swear. Edit: This WAS my favorite thread to search through before this guy ruined it so maybe this will cleanse it:
2222947279_8dfbf491f5_o.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads