Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RatherAnOddball, Jul 17, 2008.

1. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

u may be trolling, but i'll back you up. 5 zip fits like shit unless you're a 34/36 and is boring as all hell.

you're an idiot if you think a 5 zip is anything more than your standard sears moto style jacket with 2 elongated zippers on a symmetrical jacket.

they're boring as fuck compared to dip dyed leathers, the serfraty croc jacket from a few seasons ago with the hook enclosure, or a _7 red leather

2. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

yes, i lived in tokyo prior to coming here for school. protip: most American's don't know this. Japanese culture, not popular to buy things used. i guarantee none of you won't believe me until you meet a Japanese person, but take it how you want our cultures and norms are compeltey different, you don't need to compare katrina with the recent tsunami to believe that
    No offense dude but I'm not American and don't really give a fuck about your analysis. I am merely explaining to you why they second-hand market prices are high (oh and goods are very often in good condition). There is a thriving second-hand market in Japan btw, it might not be generally popular but with such a large population enough people use it to acquire designer goods. I don't even know why I'm having this conversation since you are either trolling or naturally fucking annoying.

3. 951socal

951socal Senior member

No offense dude but I'm not American and don't really give a fuck about your analysis. I am merely explaining to you why they second-hand market prices are high (oh and goods are very often in good condition). There is a thriving second-hand market in Japan btw, it might not be generally popular but with such a large population enough people use it to acquire designer goods.

I don't even know why I'm having this conversation since you are either trolling or naturally fucking annoying.

i guess there is book off and a few stores out in akiba that sell used gams, but clothing and furniture not really something you want used.

you're probably korean or something which explains your attitude, and you better than thou point of conservative view as you can see i was raised pretty liberal and could care less about your opinion on used leathers

4. bows1

bows1 Senior member

5. DLester

DLester Senior member

6. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Okay at this point it's either troll or autism, take your pick.

7. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I fell for it but now you guys are too. This guys is a fucking troll. First, dude puts the 5-zip on a pedestal and say it is better than ToJ and worth more, then says it sucks and ain't worth shit. He keeps saying he keeps posting links when he posted one link and it isn't even a goddamn 5-zip. Then talks about zippers. Then kept saying MMM leathers keep popping up on ebay that isn't 5-zip when everyone is looking for a 5-zip but he doesn't buy on ebay but he still looks. Then defends himself with his culture and being Japanese. This guy is a fucking moron. Seriously, why is this guy not banned yet?

8. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

maybe post a zipped up pic

also lol at 1800 not being high end

making $350K is not rich, apparently.

9. 951socal

951socal Senior member

I fell for it but now you guys are too. This guys is a fucking troll. First, dude puts the 5-zip on a pedestal and say it is better than ToJ and worth more, then says it sucks and ain't worth shit. He keeps saying he keeps posting links when he posted one link and it isn't even a goddamn 5-zip. Then talks about zippers. Then kept saying MMM leathers keep popping up on ebay that isn't 5-zip when everyone is looking for a 5-zip but he doesn't buy on ebay but he still looks. Then defends himself with his culture and being Japanese. This guy is a fucking moron. Seriously, why is this guy not banned yet?
    >5 zip is a good same price alternative, its shotty construction and boring looking, but i would wear one over a TOJ any day. the used to be new at $1800 but you can find them on a variety of fora and auction sites. guy that owns TOJ comes in to defend his garage company and talks about zippers and construction. mentions YKK brand zippers i mention YKK zippers are commonly found on cheap clothing articles toj guy attacks me for talking about zippers and quickly attacks me for mention them when he brought them up (probably because he uses shit zippers for his poorly cut and styled leathers) guy who obsesses over 5 zip comes in asks me to find him a used 5-zip on any auction site i tell him there are no 5-zips for sale at the moment, but here is a nice MMM jacket from a i believe a more recent season (than 1999) he denies that any such deal exists, for a 10 year old jacket. i tell him look for better alternatives. point to a rick owens jacket im sure kunk might list for sale in the near future. since 5 zip motos are not that breathtaking anyway (design over a decade old and copied by a rainbow of fast fashion brands in PVC) and for the most part out of style. he claims he has enough leather jackets, but believes that all 5 zip moto jackets always sell for more than the price that they retailed for when they do come up for sale due to the thriving used market in japan. which if you have ever been to japan, you know is pure bullshit. thats the way i see it, not trolling. i don't see anything good about TOJ jackets, they look bad. they look cheap. and if i saw one in real life on someone. i'd assume its a pleather H&M jacket). I don't need to handle it and check out the quality or anything else this guy claims , because they all look like garbage the guy who runs TOJ claims that i need to purchase a leather jacket from him to determine the value of said good, listen im nt giving you a cent for your junk. if this is really the case, i have to pay you (after you have my money you don't care about what i say ) to determine that your jackets look like piss? and the only people who can say ANYTHING NEGATIVE about your leathers are the ones who infact purchased it (because they cannot afford any leather jackets marketed towards middle class America which is what the maison martin margiela jacket is ) it's the only jacket they own, they don't know what the fuck a nice one feels like and with designer clothing, its style over quality for the most part, look at how fast rick snealers fall apart. sorry but thats my opinion. college educated unlike the guy who called me autistic who do you think is the idiot?

10. linkinwayne

linkinwayne Senior member

etcetc

You know what would be really awesome? If you left this thread and resumed selling gap ties.

11. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Hahahaha this is spectacular. I mean it went over the top a bit too much to the point where it's not even believable because no one actually behaves like this, but it's still pretty impressive level of troll.

Yeah you're right I've never been to college, I bought these degrees on the internet, what the fuck is a juris doctor anyway?

12. Binker

Binker Senior member

guy who obsesses over 5 zip comes in asks me to find him a used 5-zip on any auction site
    i tell him there are no 5-zips for sale at the moment

there are many. although this 1500-2000 figure that fuuma and drew are floating is entirely incorrect as far as I am concerned. ive never seen a 5 zip, even in great condition in the best colorways (smooth black) go for even close to that high on a yjp auction starting a 0. there are several listed in that price range which have been sitting on yjp forever.

http://page9.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/k139372015
    http://page13.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r73914758
    http://page19.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/j...ion/x151886511

13. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

14. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Last attempt, seriously.

>5 zip is a good same price alternative, its shotty construction and boring looking, but i would wear one over a TOJ any day.

Why? Because you don't like the design? You keep saying the 5-zip has much better quality before but now you are changing your tone saying it is shotty. If 5-ip is shotty in quality and boring and a good color in decent size can't be had for the same price price (and not any MMM leather will do, that is not the alternative everyone is looking for or in the conversation) then it is not a good alternative.

Plain and simple, you don't like ToJ's design but continue to attack quality when you have no idea how it is made.

the used to be new at $1800 but you can find them on a variety of fora and auction sites.
    A used 10 year old 5-zip isn't an alternative. Give us a new one as you said. You were asking where these $2k 5-zips are sold, here, 5 second ebay search: http://cgi.ebay.com/Maison-Martin-Ma...item27b9aa49ba

he claims he has enough leather jackets, but believes that all 5 zip moto jackets always sell for more than the price that they retailed for when they do come up for sale due to the thriving used market in japan.

which if you have ever been to japan, you know is pure bullshit.

So you speak for everything that happens in Japan? What happens in one place or your experience in one city means it is the same for the whole country?

i don't see anything good about TOJ jackets, they look bad. they look cheap. and if i saw one in real life on someone. i'd assume its a pleather H&M jacket).

I don't need to handle it and check out the quality or anything else this guy claims , because they all look like garbage

See this is idiotic, you continue to say now that your 5-zip is trash and K-mart pleather rip-off yet you keep saying ToJ is worst when you haven't seen it in person? You already assume they'll be worst, from the pics? I've seen plenty of ToJ pics and a lot of them looks good so you really are just a dumbass to be honest.

Your arguments are full of contradiction and just doesn't make sense. Why not just say you don't like ToJ and move on because that is really what it is about.

15. 951socal

951socal Senior member

Only 5zip on ebay right now is the same one I own, on for 1950... and before this he had two of them in different sizes so apparently one of them sold. Who knows if for BIN or OBO.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Maison-Martin-Ma...item27b9aa49ba

im sorry but thats ugly as shit, any cracked leather ones available?