• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting day.
Found some Loro Piana khaki pants, flat fronts, nice and slim. My size.
What I left behind was interesting..... a recent Oxxford suit, MTM or bespoke in about a 40S. Nice subtle glen plaid in blue. Some other SC's in this odd size as well.
Going out this afternoon with another one of our friends on here.....hopefully we luck out!

MacDaddy

Reaction score

tonylumpkin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by amadar
$900? Is this true? If anybody has any information on this I am very interested as I recently just found some Alden Foot Balance shoes as well.

Originally Posted by davesmith
http://www.menshoenet-alden-shoes.co...log353022.html

i just googled it!! they seem pretty darn expensive

If that site is your only source, I wouldn't put much stock in it. All of their Aldens are priced at 999.99.

Originally Posted by MacDaddy
It's a woman's,it has ladies sizing and the zipper is on the left.

+1 on the women's sizing, but Barbour men's zippers are on the left as well.

MacDaddy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonylumpkin

+1 on the women's sizing, but Barbour men's zippers are on the left as well.

Meaning that they're zippers are also on the left like woman's or that they are on the left as well as the right?I've seen some on the right,but not on the left,although I wasn't specifically looking for them either.I've seen a lot of their coats with double sliders,are these primarily the ones that are on the left?

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just found a pair of Alfred Sargent loafers (Berkeley) for $34 at Greene Street in Princeton! Some wear on the sole but uppers and insides look near mint. No scuffs and stitching is 100%. Sole reads "Alfred Sargent Northamptonshire England" and the inside is branded "Shipton & Heneage, London". Looks like the retail is £233!
Fred

hooker4186

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Green Street is usually more miss than hit, but I did find two Zegna sportscoats there a while back - really nice stuff. What size were the loafers?

tonylumpkin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't speak for all of their jackets, but the double slider on my Bedale is on the left.

Originally Posted by MacDaddy
Meaning that they're zippers are also on the left like woman's or that they are on the left as well as the right?I've seen some on the right,but not on the left,although I wasn't specifically looking for them either.I've seen a lot of their coats with double sliders,are these primarily the ones that are on the left?

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonylumpkin
If that site is your only source, I wouldn't put much stock in it. All of their Aldens are priced at 999.99..

like i said, i just entered it in google, my research lasted no longer than 3 seconds!!

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
in the thrift store in went today it seemed someone offloaded their entire brioni pants and shirts collection, also their hermes tie collection. pants and shirts were $125-$150 and ties were $85.. i dunno if that is such a good deal, maybe it is!
confused.gif
however in another store i picked up these beauties, a RLPL cashmere tie and an Isaia 7-fold, no tags but prefect condition. if anyone is interested in taking them off my hands please PM.
RLPL001a.jpg
RLPL001b.jpg
isaia001a-1.jpg
isaia001b-1.jpg

rx330

Reaction score
I went by a place today I usually don't visit and found three ties - 2 Zegnas and 1 Corneliani. I'm pretty certain that the Corneliani is authentic, but unsure of the 2 Zegnas as I haven't seen this type of label before. Anyone else able to comment on these?

tie1.JPG

tie2.JPG

tie3.JPG

tie4.JPG

tie5.JPG

tie6.JPG

tie7.JPG

tie8.JPG

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nataku
worship.gif

I don't think you missed too much. Hate to be blunt, but there has been a lot of crap showing up on here lately.

if i told you that i found Lobbs,Crocket & jones and a brand new Kiton shirt today would that brighten things up for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads