Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ulyanov

Ulyanov Active Member

Just got a mint condition Dark Blue Wool Burberry Suit that fits me perfectly. Also got 4 Zegna Blazers that are way too large for me but I figured why the hell not, might sell them at some point.

2. antirabbit

antirabbit Senior member

Interesting day.
    Found some Loro Piana khaki pants, flat fronts, nice and slim. My size.
    What I left behind was interesting..... a recent Oxxford suit, MTM or bespoke in about a 40S. Nice subtle glen plaid in blue. Some other SC's in this odd size as well.
    Going out this afternoon with another one of our friends on here.....hopefully we luck out!

3. mk.ultra

mk.ultra Senior member

4. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Senior member

5. tonylumpkin

tonylumpkin Senior member

$900? Is this true? If anybody has any information on this I am very interested as I recently just found some Alden Foot Balance shoes as well.

http://www.menshoenet-alden-shoes.co...log353022.html

i just googled it!! they seem pretty darn expensive

If that site is your only source, I wouldn't put much stock in it. All of their Aldens are priced at 999.99.

It's a woman's,it has ladies sizing and the zipper is on the left.

+1 on the women's sizing, but Barbour men's zippers are on the left as well.

6. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Senior member

+1 on the women's sizing, but Barbour men's zippers are on the left as well.

Meaning that they're zippers are also on the left like woman's or that they are on the left as well as the right?I've seen some on the right,but not on the left,although I wasn't specifically looking for them either.I've seen a lot of their coats with double sliders,are these primarily the ones that are on the left?

7. Fred G. Unn

Fred G. Unn Senior member

Just found a pair of Alfred Sargent loafers (Berkeley) for $34 at Greene Street in Princeton! Some wear on the sole but uppers and insides look near mint. No scuffs and stitching is 100%. Sole reads "Alfred Sargent Northamptonshire England" and the inside is branded "Shipton & Heneage, London". Looks like the retail is £233!
    Fred

8. hooker4186

hooker4186 Senior member

Green Street is usually more miss than hit, but I did find two Zegna sportscoats there a while back - really nice stuff. What size were the loafers?

9. Fred G. Unn

Fred G. Unn Senior member

Size 10, width is an E maybe. Here's a link to the shoe: http://www.alfredsargent.co.uk/ASSho...&Range=Premier It looks like all the "fittings" are E. I'm usually a 10 or 10E in Allen Edmonds and it fits pretty similar. Everything else there was a miss so that's all I got.

10. tonylumpkin

tonylumpkin Senior member

I can't speak for all of their jackets, but the double slider on my Bedale is on the left.

Meaning that they're zippers are also on the left like woman's or that they are on the left as well as the right?I've seen some on the right,but not on the left,although I wasn't specifically looking for them either.I've seen a lot of their coats with double sliders,are these primarily the ones that are on the left?

11. davesmith

davesmith Affiliate Vendor

If that site is your only source, I wouldn't put much stock in it. All of their Aldens are priced at 999.99..

like i said, i just entered it in google, my research lasted no longer than 3 seconds!!

12. davesmith

davesmith Affiliate Vendor

in the thrift store in went today it seemed someone offloaded their entire brioni pants and shirts collection, also their hermes tie collection. pants and shirts were $125-$150 and ties were $85.. i dunno if that is such a good deal, maybe it is! [​IMG] however in another store i picked up these beauties, a RLPL cashmere tie and an Isaia 7-fold, no tags but prefect condition. if anyone is interested in taking them off my hands please PM. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. rx330

rx330 Active Member

I went by a place today I usually don't visit and found three ties - 2 Zegnas and 1 Corneliani. I'm pretty certain that the Corneliani is authentic, but unsure of the 2 Zegnas as I haven't seen this type of label before. Anyone else able to comment on these?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. frenchy

frenchy In Time Out

[​IMG]

I don't think you missed too much. Hate to be blunt, but there has been a lot of crap showing up on here lately.

if i told you that i found Lobbs,Crocket & jones and a brand new Kiton shirt today would that brighten things up for you?

15. AlanC

AlanC Minister of Trad

Couldn't pass these up today. Now if I only had a turntable...

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.