• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

being cool

Britalian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone who has any consciousness about their cool factor is by definition not cool.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
who gives a **** about being cool? im just kwilk 100% of the time, with all my idiosyncracies and flaws. to some people im cool, to others (perhaps even more) im lame. the ones who like me tend to love me and those who dont arent worthy of my concern anyway.

Isn't anyone going to quote this and tell me how cool it is?!?!?!?!?
angry.gif

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
who gives a **** about being cool? im just kwilk 100% of the time, with all my idiosyncracies and flaws. to some people im cool, to others (perhaps even more) im lame. the ones who like me tend to love me and those who dont arent worthy of my concern anyway.

This is stupid. It's pretty obvious that anyone who thinks this is true is socially awkward and desperate to rationalize their utter uncoolness.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
quoted so you can unbunch your undies.
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by MrG
This is stupid. It's pretty obvious that anyone who thinks this is true is socially awkward and desperate to rationalize their utter uncoolness.

ffffuuuu.gif

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
It's a social currency and has its uses, often more than money depending on the context. I'm also interested in the idea on a sociological level. I'm not trying to be the Fonz or anything when I wake up if that was the initial question...

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
This reminds me of a story... when I lived in Oz I had an English teacher who was...actually really cool who would always tell us: "Gentlemen--I am the epitome of icebox". Apparently "icebox" meant "cool" some years ago.

I thought 'icebox' was aussie slang for asylum. Or was that Icehouse. OR maybe Icehouse was a one-hit wonder from Oz.
puzzled.gif

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
I thought 'icebox' was aussie slang for asylum. Or was that Icehouse. OR maybe Icehouse was a one-hit wonder from Oz.
puzzled.gif

It was a movie with P.Swayze.

Blackfyre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
This reminds me of a story... when I lived in Oz I had an English teacher who was...actually really cool who would always tell us: "Gentlemen--I am the epitome of icebox". Apparently "icebox" meant "cool" some years ago.

I thought icebox was a dead woman's vagine?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barbarawengere