• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scruff
false

At least this thread is doing its job, no?

Originally Posted by NOBD
Miele?

Hai

Originally Posted by spoozy
A purple safari jacket?? Yes please
wink.gif

Originally Posted by barims
ofdh6q.jpg

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Thats a great disclaimer intro
lol8[1].gif
(and I love the tie, even though its not purple)

I have a complaint - he didn't predict what Nii might say

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ You don't speak it, the Japanese?

Well, neither do I, but the answer to your question is "yes", either way

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by james_timothy
On the bat wing versus butterfly wing bow tie- see Roger Moore and Sean Connery on that blog. Note Roger's shirt ruffles.
I already did. And he looks awesome.
tongue.gif
Originally Posted by Navi
edit: Opinions on my new tie above? Got it today, not sure if it's too busy but I like the pattern. From afar it looks pretty cool, imo.
The whole look gives off an late-80s vibe to me (colours & textures especially). Personally, I loved the clothes in that era, so rock on. I suspect that you will find that it is not SF's preferred time-period, however.
Originally Posted by spoozy
The sun is already out here, so i guess brightness is fine.
In that case - as I look out the window into overcast skies and steady drizzle - lucky you!
Originally Posted by upr_crust
I loved the preamble. I like today's look too, esp. the shirt/tie combo. FRIDAY CHALLENGE I'm most at home in suits rather than odd jackets, so I had to pick a suit to wear. And I love bold looks, so navy pinstripe was the way to go. This new shirt is, I think, going to become a favourite of mine, so I wanted to use it too. The tie is perhaps a little subdued for me, but very much in the colour spectrum I like to use with navy suits, and the contrasting pocket square and the hidden maroon socks are examples of the little eccentric/non-SF touches that I enjoy using. And of course, the trouser leg is a trifle wider than most here prefer. So, yes, this is very much how I like to see myself, which is how I interpreted the challenge. My only regret is the lack of natural light, affecting photo quality. I might try again shortly as the sun seems to be poking out a little from behind the clouds...
wink.gif

sSe3i.jpg

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ The pochette I'm uncertain of, HF, but there's no faulting a classic gentleman's club ensemble

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ The pochette I'm uncertain of, HF, but there's no faulting a classic gentleman's club ensemble
I actually am just about to go out to have lunch and read the papers, pending some work later the afternoon, but only at a rather pleasant local deli/cafe rather than a club... the tragedy/blessing of living in the provinces, I'm afraid.
wink.gif

Orgetorix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The weather decided to get warm all of a sudden, making the fit I was going to do unwearable. So I decided to enlist Fred's help again, since he brought good luck last time.

Despite the celebrity DTO nature of the fit, it actually fits my style to a tee and is probably the best example of my warm-weather fits.

ADSCF7349-Copy.jpg
DSCF7353.jpg

DSCF7339.jpg

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a complaint - he didn't predict what Nii might say

Let me correct that: Niidawg will complain that my shirt and my PS are too matchy-matchy, and that nowhere in my photos was there a car fender (preferably attached to an expensive vehicle).

J. Cogburn

Reaction score
Appologies for the somewhat blury images - still trying to figure out this new digital camera of mine. Anyway, today's rig features the third wearing of my bespoke William Field DB with light blue shirt and silver/grey ribbled Ben Silver tie.

NlwK6h.jpg

PkHgph.jpg

Bonus - a couple of "fit" shots;

5YjVeh.jpg

q3mqVh.jpg

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Guess this is pretty close to me when I feel like suiting up (was mostly taking pics to check proportions on this suit and happy it's warm enough to even think of wearing it).
tumblr_li99vmgmmN1qcq3ab
tumblr_li99wxj0pc1qcq3abo1_500.jpg
tumblr_li99yzB6YI1qcq3ab
tumblr_li9a1cT7Fi1qcq3ab

Fred H.

Reaction score
Awesome look, Mike:
BarChallenge1.JPG
Great, suit, Spoo. Fabric reminiscent of OD/OT:
7d2ab457.jpg
BTW, glad you learned from Mike how to blow-dry those shirt collars! O: Too bad you didn't take the time to PhotoShop your tie and reverse the stripe pattern. Otherwise flawless DTO.
ADSCF7349-Copy.jpg
Truly love everything about this except the length of the pants. (I'm old school; can't use to the modern/short length.)
tumblr_li99wxj0pc1qcq3abo1_500.jpg
Forgot one: Fred H. will think the PW is a little too OS/UCl! (Just Kidding)
IMGP0255480x1280.jpg

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by upr_crust

IMGP0255480x1280.jpg

I like this tie very much. No sheen, and the colors are rich. Well done Crusty.

At least this thread is doing its job, no?

Hai

Bam! Awesomeness from Barims.

Originally Posted by Holdfast

sSe3i.jpg

Great suit. The tie would not be my choice.

Originally Posted by Orgetorix
ADSCF7349-Copy.jpg
DSCF7353.jpg

DSCF7339.jpg

Classic.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads