• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mordecai
Good reasoning.
The idea that there's a ton of **** to fit into a very small space hence it's easy to have stuff piled everywhere should lead to the conclusion that it is not surprising that it's that messy.

Class

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sexonfabric
Days drinking in Belfast for St. Patricks Day...my attempt to wear some green. As NBs and vests have been ridiculed of late I feel like I'm throwing myself to the lions
biggrin.gif
SAM_0067.jpg
EG X 2 Edwin NB

Hey sexon, Individual items: 1. I like the vest, especially the fit on the waist. I can't really tell from this picture whether what the material is. The matching white tassels (?) is an interesting detail, and can be positive or negative depending on the observer I think. 2. I can't see much of the henley; there's not much for me to say about it from this picture. 3. I like the fit of the jeans on thighs but not so much below the kneecap. It seems like either a very slightly boot cut or straight that just appears to be a bit wide on you; the cuff produces a silhouette that's not very smooth. 4. Personally I don't like the shoes because I'm not a fan of sneakers. Outfit: 1. The jeans appear out of place. With its fit at the knees that seems wide-straight/slightly bootcut, it produces heaviness at the bottom. 2. Your slim vest that covers the henley produces lightness at the torso. 3. Your shoes doesn't necessarily produce lightness at the feet, but it doesn't complement the heaviness of the jeans like a pair of boots would. 4. There are also subtle features like your posture, the way your left arm hides your torso view (and makes the torso seem thinner), and of course, angle of the camera that intensify top lightness and bottom heaviness. The combination of above 4 produces a rectangle shape. I personally prefer a V shape, broad shoulders, slim waist complemented by slim bottom. (with an example being fuji's fits). I also don't like the way your henley's shoulder protrudes beyond the vest's armlet. It makes the vest seem ill-fitted (too small). To sum it up, your vertical proportion seems rectangular. Is this what you're going for? I would recommend tapered knee to complement the slimness of the tops and the sneakers; this would give you a V vertical proportion. I would also really like it if your vest's shoulder was a bit wider. I realize that the factors in 4 may have led me to make skewed observations. Hope you've had fun at St Patrick's day!

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DLester
Imgur wins again. lol imageshack

DB782.jpg

Overall, I'm a little bit inspired

Class

Reaction score
Originally Posted by saelan
Super straightforward.
5533137437_b4a843981a.jpg
barbour w+h apc florsheim limited

Hey saelan, I really like the outfit Items: 1. Jacket produces slimness at the torso 2. The jeans produce slimness at the legs. Sometimes cuffing jeans makes a person appear short and dwarfy; not here, and it may be because your height and slimness match well. 3. Can't see much of shoes 4. Can't see much of shirt Overall: The jacket puts a layer of thickness on the torso; this produces a slight heaviness of the top, but not too much because it fits slim. The slim jeans complement the slimness of the top. Together, the jacket and jeans produces a vertical proportion "V." At times, inappropriate V (too much difference between top and bottom or the person's height doesn't work well with the specific proportion) may have undesirable effect. But with this fit, that's not a problem. I think, however, your outfit doesn't complement your beard and hair. The beard and raised hair produces heaviness at the very top. Slimness of the fit intensifies this heaviness. As the result, the head seems disproportionately big. I don't personally like it, but another observer may want the effect. As a summary, I really like this fit. I'd like to see how it would look with your hair down and beard shaven. If you ever do decide to change your hairstyles, I'd like to see you again with this or a similar outfit!

saelan

Reaction score
Thanks for the positive words, but if this is going to be your ongoing comment style, I'm gonna say you're overthinking it.

Also, for the record, I am not particularly tall, nor do I have a large head, but the photo is taken from a forward-leaning position in from of a hall mirror. The angle makes a considerable difference.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
The idea that there's a ton of **** to fit into a very small space hence it's easy to have stuff piled everywhere should lead to the conclusion that it is not surprising that it's that messy.

Surprising, no. Still gross though. I have a one bedroom and live with another person. We manage. It's not that hard.

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
fuuma pulls off what I want to do but can't

I actually plan on creating actual streetwear ensembles this year. I like how you and he can work both sides of the fence

Class

Reaction score
Originally Posted by saelan
Thanks for the positive words, but if this is going to be your ongoing comment style, I'm gonna say you're overthinking it.

Also, for the record, I am not particularly tall, nor do I have a large head, but the photo is taken from a forward-leaning position in from of a hall mirror. The angle makes a considerable difference.

I do tend to analyze things in which I'm interested to a great detail. It consumes a lot of time.

I agree completely that the picture could give me a skewed perception. I didn't mean to say that you have a large head, just that the outfit combined with the beard and hair produces this image on me. I hope you don't take it the wrong way.

And the hairstyle changes is just a light thought; I don't mean to suggest anything outside the boundaries of my business.

Class

Reaction score
Originally Posted by slack tide
Class you're crazy man
tinfoil.gif

dont tire yourself out

^^ haha thanks

I think it's a combination of my not having money and being a science major. The former makes every piece of clothing I buy a very important purchase. And latter makes me very analytical.

Once I feel more comfortable with the forum and get to know some users though, I'll probably not be writing paragraphs!

I'll force myself off the forums for now. Have a good day!

twdawson

Reaction score
Damn 'Class', i actually might start posting in this thread if i can receive that level of analysis haha.

After pages of 'Woodyear', it's refreshing to see the other end of the spectrum...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads