Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Good reasoning.
    The idea that there's a ton of shit to fit into a very small space hence it's easy to have stuff piled everywhere should lead to the conclusion that it is not surprising that it's that messy.

2. Class

Class Member

Days drinking in Belfast for St. Patricks Day...my attempt to wear some green. As NBs and vests have been ridiculed of late I feel like I'm throwing myself to the lions [​IMG] [​IMG] EG X 2 Edwin NB
    Hey sexon, Individual items: 1. I like the vest, especially the fit on the waist. I can't really tell from this picture whether what the material is. The matching white tassels (?) is an interesting detail, and can be positive or negative depending on the observer I think. 2. I can't see much of the henley; there's not much for me to say about it from this picture. 3. I like the fit of the jeans on thighs but not so much below the kneecap. It seems like either a very slightly boot cut or straight that just appears to be a bit wide on you; the cuff produces a silhouette that's not very smooth. 4. Personally I don't like the shoes because I'm not a fan of sneakers. Outfit: 1. The jeans appear out of place. With its fit at the knees that seems wide-straight/slightly bootcut, it produces heaviness at the bottom. 2. Your slim vest that covers the henley produces lightness at the torso. 3. Your shoes doesn't necessarily produce lightness at the feet, but it doesn't complement the heaviness of the jeans like a pair of boots would. 4. There are also subtle features like your posture, the way your left arm hides your torso view (and makes the torso seem thinner), and of course, angle of the camera that intensify top lightness and bottom heaviness. The combination of above 4 produces a rectangle shape. I personally prefer a V shape, broad shoulders, slim waist complemented by slim bottom. (with an example being fuji's fits). I also don't like the way your henley's shoulder protrudes beyond the vest's armlet. It makes the vest seem ill-fitted (too small). To sum it up, your vertical proportion seems rectangular. Is this what you're going for? I would recommend tapered knee to complement the slimness of the tops and the sneakers; this would give you a V vertical proportion. I would also really like it if your vest's shoulder was a bit wider. I realize that the factors in 4 may have led me to make skewed observations. Hope you've had fun at St Patrick's day!

3. barims

barims Senior member

Imgur wins again. lol imageshack

[​IMG]

Overall, I'm a little bit inspired

4. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

Overall, I'm a little bit inspired

fuuma pulls off what I want to do but can't

5. snake

snake Senior member

Fuumas fit is superb. Those waxed diors are [​IMG]

6. Class

Class Member

Super straightforward. [​IMG] barbour w+h apc florsheim limited
    Hey saelan, I really like the outfit Items: 1. Jacket produces slimness at the torso 2. The jeans produce slimness at the legs. Sometimes cuffing jeans makes a person appear short and dwarfy; not here, and it may be because your height and slimness match well. 3. Can't see much of shoes 4. Can't see much of shirt Overall: The jacket puts a layer of thickness on the torso; this produces a slight heaviness of the top, but not too much because it fits slim. The slim jeans complement the slimness of the top. Together, the jacket and jeans produces a vertical proportion "V." At times, inappropriate V (too much difference between top and bottom or the person's height doesn't work well with the specific proportion) may have undesirable effect. But with this fit, that's not a problem. I think, however, your outfit doesn't complement your beard and hair. The beard and raised hair produces heaviness at the very top. Slimness of the fit intensifies this heaviness. As the result, the head seems disproportionately big. I don't personally like it, but another observer may want the effect. As a summary, I really like this fit. I'd like to see how it would look with your hair down and beard shaven. If you ever do decide to change your hairstyles, I'd like to see you again with this or a similar outfit!

7. saelan

saelan Senior member

Thanks for the positive words, but if this is going to be your ongoing comment style, I'm gonna say you're overthinking it.

Also, for the record, I am not particularly tall, nor do I have a large head, but the photo is taken from a forward-leaning position in from of a hall mirror. The angle makes a considerable difference.

8. mordecai

mordecai Immoderator

The idea that there's a ton of shit to fit into a very small space hence it's easy to have stuff piled everywhere should lead to the conclusion that it is not surprising that it's that messy.

Surprising, no. Still gross though. I have a one bedroom and live with another person. We manage. It's not that hard.

9. barims

barims Senior member

fuuma pulls off what I want to do but can't

I actually plan on creating actual streetwear ensembles this year. I like how you and he can work both sides of the fence

10. Class

Class Member

Thanks for the positive words, but if this is going to be your ongoing comment style, I'm gonna say you're overthinking it.

Also, for the record, I am not particularly tall, nor do I have a large head, but the photo is taken from a forward-leaning position in from of a hall mirror. The angle makes a considerable difference.

I do tend to analyze things in which I'm interested to a great detail. It consumes a lot of time.

I agree completely that the picture could give me a skewed perception. I didn't mean to say that you have a large head, just that the outfit combined with the beard and hair produces this image on me. I hope you don't take it the wrong way.

And the hairstyle changes is just a light thought; I don't mean to suggest anything outside the boundaries of my business.

11. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

Class you're crazy man [​IMG]

dont tire yourself out

12. Class

Class Member

Class you're crazy man [​IMG]

dont tire yourself out

^^ haha thanks

I think it's a combination of my not having money and being a science major. The former makes every piece of clothing I buy a very important purchase. And latter makes me very analytical.

Once I feel more comfortable with the forum and get to know some users though, I'll probably not be writing paragraphs!

I'll force myself off the forums for now. Have a good day!

13. twdawson

twdawson Senior member

Damn 'Class', i actually might start posting in this thread if i can receive that level of analysis haha.

After pages of 'Woodyear', it's refreshing to see the other end of the spectrum...

14. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

15. flyguy7

flyguy7 Senior member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.