• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Biscotti
Are those even for sale in the US? They are not listed on RW's US website.

Guess you're right; no way to get those without importing. You could always look into Chippewa (their stuff looks a little "flimsy"but hey it's cheap) or Wesco (BOSS with 100 sole looks pretty badass and is likely tough as ****).

RW GTs don't really fit the style I think Biscotti is going for (he's got this 50's motorcycle rocker going for him, not 50's carpenter).

ataru

Reaction score
I think red wing pecos boots (especially black ones) would work too, and sometimes you can find nice vintage pairs for cheap on ebay.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think ebay has a lot of RW engineer boots last time i checked (i'm in the market for something similar)

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sleeping 5 hours nights, taking the morning off so I dont pass out.
2lm6r2h.jpg
EARTHQUAKE RELIEF jacket brooks bros. EARTHQUAKE RELIEF pants edit: looks like NAOTO kan copped the same jacket in a different colorway
25henol.jpg

coldforge

Reaction score
NN, you going in and helping with the relief work? Very baller. Samaritan steeze, etc.

EmogC.jpg

wdUFf.jpg

Scarf: IMA Design (forget what that stands for, got it at the Nepenthes pop-up shop)
Jacket: +J
Shirt: Muji
Pants: Ervell
Shoes: Nordstroms

Black and navy black and navy. Very happy with this fit. My only complaints are that the shirt is a little wrinkled and that they're tassle loafers instead of penny loafers. I inherited them so pickers can't be choosers. Are you allowed to cut the tassles off?

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Biscotti
DSC02353.jpg

all of your fits look the same and they all look disproportionate. you need less slim shirts (you can tell these are all mall brand) and chunkier shoes.

Originally Posted by coldforge
NN, you going in and helping with the relief work? Very baller. Samaritan steeze, etc.

EmogC.jpg

wdUFf.jpg

Scarf: IMA Design (forget what that stands for, got it at the Nepenthes pop-up shop)
Jacket: +J
Shirt: Muji
Pants: Ervell
Shoes: Nordstroms

Black and navy black and navy. Very happy with this fit. My only complaints are that the shirt is a little wrinkled and that they're tassle loafers instead of penny loafers. I inherited them so pickers can't be choosers. Are you allowed to cut the tassles off?

nice but IMO need a dressier shirt (and tucked in).

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
also my issue with uncontrol (beyond his ridiculous gender studies nonsense) is that his clothing looks cheap and tacky. its not a question of a different aesthetic, it's a question of taste.

coldforge

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
nice but IMO need a dressier shirt (and tucked in).

Appreciate the feedback"”but I think if I were gonna go dressier shirt with a tuck, I'd need to change the pants too, because they're cut like a five-pocket jean. Usually a tuck with these pants is a battle. As it is I feel slightly relaxed and louche. Then again, I'm really only just starting to wear untucked button-downs, so I'm still learning.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
also my issue with uncontrol (beyond his ridiculous gender studies nonsense) is that his clothing looks cheap and tacky. its not a question of a different aesthetic, it's a question of taste.
what

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Uncontrol will just sarcastically imply that taste is subjective, tastelessness is simply an adjective you subjectively ascribe to his aesthetic, etc etc etc, no point in that debate.

Biscotti's fit was bad, RW's aren't necessary there are tons of chunky boots out there, brown Aldens would be good, then it would just be unremarkable but whatever.

Don't think coldforge needs dressier shirt but wouldn't have gone with the tassel loafers. The underside of that scarf probably makes it too bold for the rest of the fit unless you keep it largely invisible. Ie it's fine in first pic, less so in 2nd one. Also, should probably clip that tag.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
Uncontrol will just sarcastically imply that taste is subjective, tastelessness is simply an adjective you subjectively ascribe to his aesthetic, etc etc etc, no point in that debate.

Biscotti's fit was bad, RW's aren't necessary there are tons of chunky boots out there, brown Aldens would be good, then it would just be unremarkable but whatever.

Don't think coldforge needs dressier shirt but wouldn't have gone with the tassel loafers. The underside of that scarf probably makes it too bold for the rest of the fit unless you keep it largely invisible. Ie it's fine in first pic, less so in 2nd one. Also, should probably clip that tag.

when people say everything is subjective i want to blow my brains out. hello philosophy 101.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
when people say everything is subjective i want to blow my brains out. hello philosophy 101.
They covered aesthetics in your 101 class? Pretty advanced for that, usually it's just like intro to epistemology / ethics / metaphysics, a review of some of the big names, that kind of stuff. But yeah it would be nice if people would at least read an introductory aesthetics textbook before making some of the comments you see on here. Whatever though, that "people should educate themselves" thing goes for everything you could possibly have a meaningful conversation about (cough*CEsspool*cough).

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
They covered aesthetics in your 101 class? Pretty advanced for that, usually it's just like intro to epistemology / ethics / metaphysics, a review of some of the big names, that kind of stuff. But yeah it would be nice if people would at least read an introductory aesthetics textbook before making some of the comments you see on here. Whatever though, that "people should educate themselves" thing goes for everything you could possibly have a meaningful conversation about (cough*CEsspool*cough).

my philosophy 101 class was called 'social ethics' and after the 100th time some marsupial was like WELL EVERYTHING IS SUBJECTIVE A CHAIR ISNT A CHAIR LOL the professor snapped and went on an awesome tirade about how you can still make meaningful judgements about things, etc

it's the same way with literature (the field i know the most about). yes sure, you can have personal taste about books, but you can still make objective, meaningful observations about the quality and meaning of a book.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shibbel
Unless he meant...

"We're on a fashion forum discussing mens ******* clothing and you think anyone here has "personal substance", you clenched fist, arrogant brat. "
lol8[1].gif

HAHAHAHA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads