• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
Uncontrol will just sarcastically imply that taste is subjective, tastelessness is simply an adjective you subjectively ascribe to his aesthetic, etc etc etc, no point in that debate.

Man, what's your problem :\\ Every time you post a fit you essentially say "I HATE IT BUT IT'S NOT LIKE YOU WANTED FEEDBACK ANYWAY"

I'd say that taste is subjective, yeah, but as he said you can still make meaningful judgements about subjective things. I can see why people would find my style tacky, though I don't think what I'm wearing in this most recent fit looks "cheap."

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
Man, what's your problem :\\ Every time you post a fit you essentially say "I HATE IT BUT IT'S NOT LIKE YOU WANTED FEEDBACK ANYWAY"

I'd say that taste is subjective, yeah, but as he said you can still make meaningful judgements about subjective things. I can see why people would find my style tacky, though I don't think what I'm wearing in this most recent fit looks "cheap."

if you want a real criticism: you should wear looser fitting tees. very slim sleeves + boat neck + slim body = makes you look disproportionate and creates a strange relationship between your arms/torso. very skinny people in tight tees don't ever look good, embrace the drape.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
unc I think you'd look way better in drapey stuff. Don't give up on dat drape.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Yeah I'm looking for a good drape tee or two right now, and I have some I'm waiting for spring/summer to wear, probably won't ever give up slim tees entirely though haha.
also buy higher rise jeans. my issue is that you don't look androgynous, you look feminine, but i don't want to start another genders studies discussion, so..!

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren
love the sweater MoK.

I appreciate any time someone can pull off a turtleneck without giving off a 1970s wifeswapper vibe.

Cheers - I think the chunkier roll-necks/turtle-necks are pretty safe, but the light weight ones can have a certain vibe
smile.gif

Originally Posted by slack tide
43f75790.jpg

8e810524.jpg

Looks good - nice shoot location too.
Originally Posted by BeingBot
IMG_0053.jpg
[/SPOILER]
Epaulet Shirt
J.Crew Cardigan
Penfield Coat
Epaulet Chino
Thorogood x Epaulet

I like this - particularly the coat.
Originally Posted by scott.m
IMG_1878.jpg
[/SPOILER]
Junya blazer
TB Oxford
Uniqlo belt
Junya Jeans
Purcells

Looks good. What's the blazer like from the front?

Originally Posted by hobscrk777
This is the second comment I've gotten about the pants/shoes combo. The pants are basic khaki chinos, and the shoes are fairly mid-brown loafers, so I thought they would pair naturally. What do you think would work better?

I don't like the very long vamp, but it looks particularly odd with the narrow leg, especially with the strong tonal contrast.

Originally Posted by Gutman
sorry late posting, i realy like this MoK - good stuff. although i think either the shirt or or the boots, maybe not both. top pic looks really good, bottom a bit too much. maybe if the shoes weren't new. jacket is cool.
Cheers - yeah the boots are the problem.
Originally Posted by Adam24
cuir_chaise.jpg

Alternate:
cuir_assis.jpg

[/SPOILER]

shearling.jpg

Closeup:
shearling_details.jpg
Pretty good.

Originally Posted by artishard116
first post. from earlier today
IMG_7315copy.jpg

IMG_7298copy.jpg
drkshdw
silent
3sixteen
rachel comey
I like this. Good first post.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Basically yeah - aside from a few good ones it's like "this is still bad, but I'm not going to be able to convince you of that, so what's the point". And I don't have a problem, I posted your inevitable response to foreclose pages and pages of argument mirroring the last fit you posted and pretty much every fit you've posted way back to the 10+ page paisley pant debacle... which is why I stopped replying last time and PM'd you instead, but apparently it doesn't make much difference since it kept going anyway.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Najee D.
You all won't like this...
rojo.jpg

Beauty Supply knit hat
No idea what this sweater is
Rugby
Pendleton
Vtg Cole Haan

Golfer steeze? It's kind of fun...

Originally Posted by aeglus
biscotti I think you'd benefit from getting some heavy-duty engineer boots like rw2268s

+1 on the heavier boot - ebay regularly has the 2268's. I quite like the 980's.
Originally Posted by nicelynice
sleeping 5 hours nights, taking the morning off so I dont pass out.

2lm6r2h.jpg

EARTHQUAKE RELIEF jacket
brooks bros.
EARTHQUAKE RELIEF pants

edit: looks like NAOTO kan copped the same jacket in a different colorway

25henol.jpg
[/SPOILER]

Take care of yourself.
Originally Posted by coldforge
EmogC.jpg

wdUFf.jpg
Scarf: IMA Design (forget what that stands for, got it at the Nepenthes pop-up shop)
Jacket: +J
Shirt: Muji
Pants: Ervell
Shoes: Nordstroms

Black and navy black and navy. Very happy with this fit. My only complaints are that the shirt is a little wrinkled and that they're tassle loafers instead of penny loafers. I inherited them so pickers can't be choosers. Are you allowed to cut the tassles off?

I like all of this apart from the loafers, but then I can't stand tassel loafers.

coldforge

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ManofKent
I like all of this apart from the loafers, but then I can't stand tassel loafers.

I am almost sure that I'm gonna cut the tassles off of these by the end of the day. Which might be ill-advised.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_5065.jpg

Shirt: Uniqlo
Sweatshirt: Stone Island Shadow Project
Jeans: APC
Shoes: Paul smith

xM.

Reaction score
they're not tucked, at least not intentionally. they just kinda fell weird when I put my shoes on and I didn't bother fixing.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i kinda like that, a bit of blue sock showing too!

re: geller jeans look like the fit you well.
bigstar[1].gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads