The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

Uncontrol will just sarcastically imply that taste is subjective, tastelessness is simply an adjective you subjectively ascribe to his aesthetic, etc etc etc, no point in that debate.

Man, what's your problem :\\ Every time you post a fit you essentially say "I HATE IT BUT IT'S NOT LIKE YOU WANTED FEEDBACK ANYWAY"

I'd say that taste is subjective, yeah, but as he said you can still make meaningful judgements about subjective things. I can see why people would find my style tacky, though I don't think what I'm wearing in this most recent fit looks "cheap."

2. Teger

Teger Senior member

Man, what's your problem :\\ Every time you post a fit you essentially say "I HATE IT BUT IT'S NOT LIKE YOU WANTED FEEDBACK ANYWAY"

I'd say that taste is subjective, yeah, but as he said you can still make meaningful judgements about subjective things. I can see why people would find my style tacky, though I don't think what I'm wearing in this most recent fit looks "cheap."

if you want a real criticism: you should wear looser fitting tees. very slim sleeves + boat neck + slim body = makes you look disproportionate and creates a strange relationship between your arms/torso. very skinny people in tight tees don't ever look good, embrace the drape.

3. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

Yeah I'm looking for a good drape tee or two right now, and I have some I'm waiting for spring/summer to wear, probably won't ever give up slim tees entirely though haha.

4. Lane

Lane Senior member

unc I think you'd look way better in drapey stuff. Don't give up on dat drape.

5. Teger

Teger Senior member

Yeah I'm looking for a good drape tee or two right now, and I have some I'm waiting for spring/summer to wear, probably won't ever give up slim tees entirely though haha.
    also buy higher rise jeans. my issue is that you don't look androgynous, you look feminine, but i don't want to start another genders studies discussion, so..!

6. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

love the sweater MoK.

I appreciate any time someone can pull off a turtleneck without giving off a 1970s wifeswapper vibe.

Cheers - I think the chunkier roll-necks/turtle-necks are pretty safe, but the light weight ones can have a certain vibe [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Looks good - nice shoot location too.
    [​IMG][/SPOILER]
    Epaulet Shirt
    J.Crew Cardigan
    Penfield Coat
    Epaulet Chino
    Thorogood x Epaulet

I like this - particularly the coat.
    [​IMG][/SPOILER]
    Junya blazer
    TB Oxford
    Uniqlo belt
    Junya Jeans
    Purcells

Looks good. What's the blazer like from the front?

This is the second comment I've gotten about the pants/shoes combo. The pants are basic khaki chinos, and the shoes are fairly mid-brown loafers, so I thought they would pair naturally. What do you think would work better?

I don't like the very long vamp, but it looks particularly odd with the narrow leg, especially with the strong tonal contrast.

sorry late posting, i realy like this MoK - good stuff. although i think either the shirt or or the boots, maybe not both. top pic looks really good, bottom a bit too much. maybe if the shoes weren't new. jacket is cool.
    Cheers - yeah the boots are the problem.
    [​IMG]
    Alternate:
    [​IMG]
    [/SPOILER]

[​IMG]
    Closeup:
    [​IMG]
    Pretty good.

first post. from earlier today
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    drkshdw
    silent
    3sixteen
    rachel comey
    I like this. Good first post.

7. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Basically yeah - aside from a few good ones it's like "this is still bad, but I'm not going to be able to convince you of that, so what's the point". And I don't have a problem, I posted your inevitable response to foreclose pages and pages of argument mirroring the last fit you posted and pretty much every fit you've posted way back to the 10+ page paisley pant debacle... which is why I stopped replying last time and PM'd you instead, but apparently it doesn't make much difference since it kept going anyway.

8. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

You all won't like this...
    [​IMG]

Beauty Supply knit hat
    No idea what this sweater is
    Rugby
    Pendleton
    Vtg Cole Haan

Golfer steeze? It's kind of fun...

biscotti I think you'd benefit from getting some heavy-duty engineer boots like rw2268s

+1 on the heavier boot - ebay regularly has the 2268's. I quite like the 980's.
    sleeping 5 hours nights, taking the morning off so I dont pass out.

[​IMG]
    EARTHQUAKE RELIEF jacket
    brooks bros.
    EARTHQUAKE RELIEF pants

edit: looks like NAOTO kan copped the same jacket in a different colorway

[​IMG][/SPOILER]

Take care of yourself.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Scarf: IMA Design (forget what that stands for, got it at the Nepenthes pop-up shop)
    Jacket: +J
    Shirt: Muji
    Pants: Ervell
    Shoes: Nordstroms

Black and navy black and navy. Very happy with this fit. My only complaints are that the shirt is a little wrinkled and that they're tassle loafers instead of penny loafers. I inherited them so pickers can't be choosers. Are you allowed to cut the tassles off?

I like all of this apart from the loafers, but then I can't stand tassel loafers.

9. coldforge

coldforge Senior member

I like all of this apart from the loafers, but then I can't stand tassel loafers.

I am almost sure that I'm gonna cut the tassles off of these by the end of the day. Which might be ill-advised.

10. Hot Dog Day #49

Hot Dog Day #49 Senior member

11. xM.

xM. Senior member

[​IMG]

12. fuji

fuji Senior member

[​IMG]

Shirt: Uniqlo
    Sweatshirt: Stone Island Shadow Project
    Jeans: APC
    Shoes: Paul smith

13. drum

drum Senior member

[​IMG]

Get some taller boots if you want to tuck, boot tucking Clarks just doesn't look right.

14. xM.

xM. Senior member

they're not tucked, at least not intentionally. they just kinda fell weird when I put my shoes on and I didn't bother fixing.

15. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

i kinda like that, a bit of blue sock showing too!

re: geller jeans look like the fit you well. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.