The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cersoc

cersoc Member

Red Wing GT's then?

2. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

Are those even for sale in the US? They are not listed on RW's US website.

Guess you're right; no way to get those without importing. You could always look into Chippewa (their stuff looks a little "flimsy"but hey it's cheap) or Wesco (BOSS with 100 sole looks pretty badass and is likely tough as shit).

RW GTs don't really fit the style I think Biscotti is going for (he's got this 50's motorcycle rocker going for him, not 50's carpenter).

3. ataru

ataru Senior member

I think red wing pecos boots (especially black ones) would work too, and sometimes you can find nice vintage pairs for cheap on ebay.

4. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

I think ebay has a lot of RW engineer boots last time i checked (i'm in the market for something similar)

5. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

sleeping 5 hours nights, taking the morning off so I dont pass out. [​IMG] EARTHQUAKE RELIEF jacket brooks bros. EARTHQUAKE RELIEF pants edit: looks like NAOTO kan copped the same jacket in a different colorway [​IMG]

6. coldforge

coldforge Senior member

NN, you going in and helping with the relief work? Very baller. Samaritan steeze, etc.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Scarf: IMA Design (forget what that stands for, got it at the Nepenthes pop-up shop)
    Jacket: +J
    Shirt: Muji
    Pants: Ervell
    Shoes: Nordstroms

Black and navy black and navy. Very happy with this fit. My only complaints are that the shirt is a little wrinkled and that they're tassle loafers instead of penny loafers. I inherited them so pickers can't be choosers. Are you allowed to cut the tassles off?

7. Teger

Teger Senior member

[​IMG]

all of your fits look the same and they all look disproportionate. you need less slim shirts (you can tell these are all mall brand) and chunkier shoes.

NN, you going in and helping with the relief work? Very baller. Samaritan steeze, etc.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Scarf: IMA Design (forget what that stands for, got it at the Nepenthes pop-up shop)
    Jacket: +J
    Shirt: Muji
    Pants: Ervell
    Shoes: Nordstroms

Black and navy black and navy. Very happy with this fit. My only complaints are that the shirt is a little wrinkled and that they're tassle loafers instead of penny loafers. I inherited them so pickers can't be choosers. Are you allowed to cut the tassles off?

nice but IMO need a dressier shirt (and tucked in).

8. Teger

Teger Senior member

also my issue with uncontrol (beyond his ridiculous gender studies nonsense) is that his clothing looks cheap and tacky. its not a question of a different aesthetic, it's a question of taste.

9. coldforge

coldforge Senior member

nice but IMO need a dressier shirt (and tucked in).

Appreciate the feedback"”but I think if I were gonna go dressier shirt with a tuck, I'd need to change the pants too, because they're cut like a five-pocket jean. Usually a tuck with these pants is a battle. As it is I feel slightly relaxed and louche. Then again, I'm really only just starting to wear untucked button-downs, so I'm still learning.

10. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

also my issue with uncontrol (beyond his ridiculous gender studies nonsense) is that his clothing looks cheap and tacky. its not a question of a different aesthetic, it's a question of taste.
    what

11. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Uncontrol will just sarcastically imply that taste is subjective, tastelessness is simply an adjective you subjectively ascribe to his aesthetic, etc etc etc, no point in that debate.

Biscotti's fit was bad, RW's aren't necessary there are tons of chunky boots out there, brown Aldens would be good, then it would just be unremarkable but whatever.

Don't think coldforge needs dressier shirt but wouldn't have gone with the tassel loafers. The underside of that scarf probably makes it too bold for the rest of the fit unless you keep it largely invisible. Ie it's fine in first pic, less so in 2nd one. Also, should probably clip that tag.

12. Teger

Teger Senior member

Uncontrol will just sarcastically imply that taste is subjective, tastelessness is simply an adjective you subjectively ascribe to his aesthetic, etc etc etc, no point in that debate.

Biscotti's fit was bad, RW's aren't necessary there are tons of chunky boots out there, brown Aldens would be good, then it would just be unremarkable but whatever.

Don't think coldforge needs dressier shirt but wouldn't have gone with the tassel loafers. The underside of that scarf probably makes it too bold for the rest of the fit unless you keep it largely invisible. Ie it's fine in first pic, less so in 2nd one. Also, should probably clip that tag.

when people say everything is subjective i want to blow my brains out. hello philosophy 101.

13. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

when people say everything is subjective i want to blow my brains out. hello philosophy 101.
    They covered aesthetics in your 101 class? Pretty advanced for that, usually it's just like intro to epistemology / ethics / metaphysics, a review of some of the big names, that kind of stuff. But yeah it would be nice if people would at least read an introductory aesthetics textbook before making some of the comments you see on here. Whatever though, that "people should educate themselves" thing goes for everything you could possibly have a meaningful conversation about (cough*CEsspool*cough).

14. Teger

Teger Senior member

They covered aesthetics in your 101 class? Pretty advanced for that, usually it's just like intro to epistemology / ethics / metaphysics, a review of some of the big names, that kind of stuff. But yeah it would be nice if people would at least read an introductory aesthetics textbook before making some of the comments you see on here. Whatever though, that "people should educate themselves" thing goes for everything you could possibly have a meaningful conversation about (cough*CEsspool*cough).

my philosophy 101 class was called 'social ethics' and after the 100th time some retard was like WELL EVERYTHING IS SUBJECTIVE A CHAIR ISNT A CHAIR LOL the professor snapped and went on an awesome tirade about how you can still make meaningful judgements about things, etc

it's the same way with literature (the field i know the most about). yes sure, you can have personal taste about books, but you can still make objective, meaningful observations about the quality and meaning of a book.

15. dmash

dmash Senior member

Unless he meant...

"We're on a fashion forum discussing mens fucking clothing and you think anyone here has "personal substance", you clenched fist, arrogant brat. " [​IMG]

HAHAHAHA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.