• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by clee1982
ok, finally find some alternative to ImageShack, so here is the picture of my new Northcote (on 348, 8.5 E fitting), note to myself, need better lighting

33mo5xs.jpg

clee... you ended up getting the northcotes, congrats they are a beauty, i wanted the black ones so i pre-ordered mine from http://www.shoesnorthampton.co.uk/boots_shoes.htm they were a bit cheaper than i expected. Enjoy!

Getzione

Reaction score
ok, finally find some alternative to ImageShack, so here is the picture of my new Northcote (on 348, 8.5 E fitting), note to myself, need better lighting

33mo5xs.jpg

This is a killer.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sinnedk
Im not sure if everyone knows about this place, but i just ordered a pair of C&J from them. They were significantly cheaper than barneys or any other place i can find.
http://www.shoesnorthampton.co.uk/
In addition to no VAT they give free shipping, i exchanged a few emails with them.

how much did they end up costing after the deduction of VAT and shipping?

I'm looking to buy a pair of Sydney loafers (maybe 2 if the price is right).

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sinnedk
mine ended up being $461 and their shipping is free.... i know odd but i confirmed via email its free, guess i'll be a repeat customer!
the price - vat should be below their regular price

that's exactly the ex-VAT price, shipping for free even to US? wow, then I should have probably bought it when I was in NYC... do you know if you will get any Custom/Import Duty?

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
that's exactly the ex-VAT price, shipping for free even to US? wow, then I should have probably bought it when I was in NYC... do you know if you will get any Custom/Import Duty?
no idea on that one... i wouldn't think so

nycxandy

Reaction score

None... they ship via Royal Mail -> USPS.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nycxandy
None... they ship via Royal Mail -> USPS.

ok, then I will have all my future CJ order send to my girlfriend then...

geoffmartin17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Not a huge C&J fan, picked these up though. Not 100% convinced yet.

photo-20.jpg

They look decent - the aldens are quite nice too - are those ravello? That picture just solidified my growing suspicion that the NST is my "uniform" shoe.

Just great.

Edit: i have the latest C+J catalogue and don't see that model?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads