Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by david3558, Feb 24, 2011.

1. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

yep, I ordered a pair of C&J's from them before. good service

Yeah i had to google a lot to find these guys finally, too bad their stock is limited due to backorders of c&j

2. REguy

REguy Senior member

Been lusting after the new brown shell Finsbury and got to try them on today at C&J's NYC store. They were perfect. Unfortunately, the 341 last would just not work which was a bit strange since I can wear all EG and Alden lasts. Curse the English and their freakishly high insteps. [​IMG]

3. instep

instep Senior member

Been lusting after the new brown shell Finsbury and got to try them on today at C&J's NYC store. They were perfect. Unfortunately, the 341 last would just not work which was a bit strange since I can wear all EG and Alden lasts. Curse the English and their freakishly high insteps. [​IMG]
    There are felt pads you can put under the tongue/vamp to solve that problem quickly and easily.

4. REguy

REguy Senior member

There are felt pads you can put under the tongue/vamp to solve that problem quickly and easily.

Yeah, I thought about that or an insole. I just prefer shoes that fit properly and don't require attachments. Life's just not fair sometimes.

5. Northampton Novice

Northampton Novice Senior member

We don't sell those in England either[​IMG]

6. Getzione

Getzione Senior member

I have the Alex and they are perfect for that, in my opinion.

It was actually photo you posted of it that gave me the idea [​IMG]

7. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

8. Wes Bourne

Wes Bourne Senior member

Still lovin these:

C&J PRL Tellman
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Together at last!
    [​IMG]

Bump for those who had never read VG's story of shoelove at 1st sight...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. txeconomist

txeconomist Senior member

I have the dark brown Tellmans as well and I am impressed how nice they are every time I wear them. I wish I had the tan ones too.

I am planning on getting the Albany this summer when I am in NYC for my summer internship. Does anyone know if they sell this shoe in the C&J boutique there? Is is any cheaper at the boutique than at Ben Silver? I think they are $720 at Ben Silver. Ouch!

10. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

ok, finally find some alternative to ImageShack, so here is the picture of my new Northcote (on 348, 8.5 E fitting), note to myself, need better lighting [​IMG]

11. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

ok, finally find some alternative to ImageShack, so here is the picture of my new Northcote (on 348, 8.5 E fitting), note to myself, need better lighting

[​IMG]

Great boots!

Are you normally a 9 or 9.5 US?

12. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

Great boots!

Are you normally a 9 or 9.5 US?

well my sizing is about as fucked up as it gets. So the reality is my right foot is longer and narrower where as my left foot is wider and shorter, so it's always somewhat of a compromise.

Ideally I am like
    Right: 9.75C/D US
    Left: 9.25E/EE US

So usually 348 doesn't work for me (too tight on the toebox). If it was just length I could go down to UK8, but toe will start hurt on my left foot. This one work out because it's not close top, just that a bit extra room made the difference.

For reference I wear 9.5UK/10US in EG on 82 last, and that's a bit narrow and can probably do with slightly shortening. For EG 202 last I am 9UK/9.5US on E fitting, and that's a bit loose (slipping on the heel). For CJ I have a pair of 358 on 9UK, and that's a bit too long. For Alden on the Plaza last (at least the ones for BB) I had to go down to 9US, otherwise it start to slip, though 9.5US would probably be more comfortable on the other foot.

13. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

well my sizing is about as fucked up as it gets. So the reality is my right foot is longer and narrower where as my left foot is wider and shorter, so it's always somewhat of a compromise. Ideally I am like Right: 9.75C/D US Left: 9.25E/EE US So usually 348 doesn't work for me (too tight on the toebox). If it was just length I could go down to UK8, but toe will start hurt on my left foot. This one work out because it's not close top, just that a bit extra room made the difference. For reference I wear 9.5UK/10US in EG on 82 last, and that's a bit narrow and can probably do with slightly shortening. For EG 202 last I am 9UK/9.5US on E fitting, and that's a bit loose (slipping on the heel). For CJ I have a pair of 358 on 9UK, and that's a bit too long. For Alden on the Plaza last (at least the ones for BB) I had to go down to 9US, otherwise it start to slip, though 9.5US would probably be more comfortable on the other foot.
    Thanks! I am crossing my fingers that the C&J Henleys I ordered in UK 8.5E fit me. They are on the 325 last, same as Darlton wingtips, which I have in US 9.5 and wear with thick socks. I think I can also fit a US9 in that shoe. My best point of reference is that I am a solid 9D in the Barrie last. Sounds like it will work out depending on sock thickness.

14. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

Thanks! I am crossing my fingers that the C&J Henleys I ordered in UK 8.5E fit me. They are on the 325 last, same as Darlton wingtips, which I have in US 9.5 and wear with thick socks. I think I can also fit a US9 in that shoe. My best point of reference is that I am a solid 9D in the Barrie last. Sounds like it will work out depending on sock thickness.

Sorry, never wore 325 last can't say for sure, though in my past experience most C&J is a full size to translate from UK to US, so it should be within the range...

15. Dewey

Dewey Senior member

fyi tongue cushion source ... get the brown ... i need them in all my english shoes ... damn my flat american feet