• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Green weekend take 2 - with advice from yesterday somewhat applied..
5c5e9b56.jpg
22f8bb84.jpg

Acer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by UrbanComposition
Paisley is OK. It is classic and yet has a dandy aspect as well. Try not to be overly matchy. Instead, go subtle and have the tie pick up an afterthought of the shirt - match a stripe or weave in the shirt. If you want to go next level, look at this color wheel and if you feel comfortable, use colors that are complementary (next to each other), at 90 degree angles, or that are opposite on the wheel.

Typically there's a reason why things look good. Get to the know the basics well first, and then you can have fun with them.

Keep posting!

Thanks for the help! I'm trying to move away from t-shirts and shorts to something a bit more respectable--so all this is pretty new to me. Here's another go at it...

Navy blazer w/ gold buttons, you can see the shirt / tie, and I paired it with mid gray slacks and brown shoes. I feel like the navy in the tie is a little too matchy with the navy in the jacket, though

DSCN0275-1.jpg

DSCN0276-1.jpg

cronicmole

Reaction score
SpooPoker;4230409 said:
Green weekend take 2 - with advice from yesterday somewhat applied..

Even though the pants are cords..I wouldn't pair them with that sportscoat IMO..too close.

Navi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Threadbearer
I'm embarrassed to be asking, Navi, but my curiosity is just too great: How old are you?

I'm 20. I have to wear a suit and tie for my job so yeah. Much younger than most people here but don't really care honestly. Glad that you like the socks better.
smile.gif

Also Acer, you've worn two ties in a row that I have... Are you stalking me?
eh.gif
laugh.gif

Jamesgatz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DSCN0276-1.jpg
[/quote]

I think I like it, but the picture is quite blue, just like the previous one. Don't know **** about photography but your settings are off or my screen is broken.

Navi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jamesgatz
DSCN0276-1.jpg

I think I like it, but the picture is quite blue, just like the previous one. Don't know **** about photography but your settings are off or my screen is broken.[/quote]

If it's the tie I think it is, it's actually the purple tie I posted a few pages back. Purple with ilac-ish stripes.

Acer

Reaction score
I think it's the white balance on my camera... that jacket is actually a pretty dark navy, and those pinks in the tie are a little darker than it shows. They were taken outside in the shade, so I'm not sure if that is doing something for it. and Navi: I'm 22--I guess our age group goes for the same ties
laugh.gif
played w/ the levels a bit, this is somewhat closer to true color:
DSCN0276-2.jpg

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
HF, the new trou look great. The shirt and the jacket aren't working together (on my monitor).

Spoo, the blue shirt is a nice color with the tweed, but overall the fit is super-green. If it's for St Paddy's, I approve.

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think Spoo is modeling for the Bergdorf Goodman catalog.
21i8L.png

Pieceofsand

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106
Pants fit you well with your small/thin frame, unlike your usual full cut trousers.

Your jackets typically suffer from the same problem, especially the length.

The trousers aren't all that different from most of the rest of mine. A slightly narrower leg opening is about all the difference (perhaps 0.5-1" at most). I think the slightly more staggered pose may exaggerate the narrowness in that pic. I guess what I'm saying is that I think you may not like them as much if I was standing as in most of my pics. Perhaps they are indeed a touch narrower though; I haven't measured to compared. They are flat front, which may also slim the visual appearance, I guess.

As you know, we have to agree to disagree on jacket length as I simply don't see the negative aesthetic outcome you do there.

Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Not for me!
inlove.gif
I cant believe there is another purple corduroy jacket out there in WAYWRN land... I do like yours better than mine. Deets? Also, deets on the shirt? Pants fit fantastic, and shoes (from what I can see) are amazing. I would wear this any day of the week. 10/10 from me, C.

Jacket is Aquascutum (picked it up for a song at the outlet; about £70 I think, roughly). Shirt is bespoke Rayner & Sturges, via Sartorial Executive. Trousers are MTM Ede & Ravenscroft and hte shoes are Zegna Couture.

It's a very "Spoo" fit actually; I was thinking that when I chose the jacket on top of the shirt. Of course, adding a white square with purple trim would have given it the full Spoo.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SpooPoker
22f8bb84.jpg

The shoe/trouser colour & texture contrasts are lovely.

Originally Posted by philosophe
HF, the new trou look great. The shirt and the jacket aren't working together (on my monitor).

Thanks; that's the bit I was in two minds about. I always struggle to match this shirt to other items. I really love it as an individual piece though, so I keep trying!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members