• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
for heavy swag from the current menu:
leaf-green 2011 dr lamb
blue 2011 moto lamb
burgundy 2010 dr fqhh (with fur?!)

would like to see:
white leather
all leather ma1/something with a different shape possibly oversized
bring back suede in any/all styles (pimp colors please, lavender, turquoise, light blue, evergreen etc)
leather shirts
updated bomber
most important: band collar DR

WhoKnewI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
er... I don't think I want life sized traces of your lower blocks.
redface.gif

This made me laugh.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
The menu getting diversified by the day. I'm digging these more conservative iterations of the classics, since you've toned them down without making them look completely safe.

The thing I really noticed about this collared Moto today, when we went to get it, was that it really overshot my expectations - I truthfully kind of set out to make a Toj-style 'dad jacket' - something that could get people who are on the fence about leathers into the fold... but I put this thing on and realized it's all about sizing. It's just like tailored blazer fitment - too shrunken and you kind of look like a twink in a jacket in a kid jacket, too spacious and this style would've looked like a dad jacket, but it doesn't at all. This is made to the same measurements as yesterday's 2011 3-zip DR, and with that set of measurements (which is the same as anyone would get with any of the Toj jackets, it's all about that S2S, front length, and sleeve length, and your choice of widths) it frankly fits very similarly to Julius size 1 on me, maybe with bigger upper sleeves - it's tight, trim, a little long for the width, it's not stuffy looking at all really. If anything it's like a classical highway jacket met gothninja and had a very constructive meeting.
redface.gif

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I still think a trench or some sort of Temple rainy-wear would be great. Especially with awesome colour selection. I think it fits well with the whole classic yet modern idea.
sIGGl.jpg
inlove.gif
inlove.gif
inlove.gif

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
i really, really like the new moto. looks perfect. I would pair it with a button down or a tshirt and jeans.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
leaf-green 2011 dr lamb
blue 2011 moto lamb

would like to see:
white leather
bring back suede in any/all styles (pimp colors please, lavender, turquoise, light blue, evergreen etc)
leather shirts
updated bomber

I think about half of your wish list is gonna come true, soon. We have the sand leather, which is off-white and light. It's not Rick milk or anything like that, but it's light, not tan.

My kawaii mega swag juice list of DR recommendations would be something like:

2011 3-zip DR in black, sand lamb, leaf green lamb, whisky, basically any color. It's really that good as a design IMO, I think it'll go about as equally hard in virtually any color thrown at it. I guess you can't say that about all jacket designs.
2010 4-zip DR in black calf, or burgundy FQHH (no fur anymore)

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can we get a fit pic of the collared moto?

It seems like it will be perfect in brown calf but I think lamb my suit me better living in California and all.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
i really, really like the new moto. looks perfect. I would pair it with a button down or a tshirt and jeans.

that is exactly the idea behind it
redface.gif
It's subdued enough to wear to an office if you wear bizu-kaji, got this quiet swag juice in the form and detailing to make it good for a v-neck tee and jeans to wear out at night.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wait so is the fur thing completely off or is it just temporary?
frown.gif

shibbel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, the more I look at the new DR the more I love it. I haven't followed the thread as well as I should have, so can someone tell me if they're starting production on these? Also, I'm leaning toward lamb- does this stretch a lot? Drew, besides the toughness of the calf, does it lend itself to the aesthetics of the new DR in any way?

Biggen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
leaf-green 2011 dr lamb
blue 2011 moto lamb

would like to see:
white leather
leather shirts
updated bomber

I must say I'm very tempted by the idea of a suede bomber in the same style as aj_del ordered in either lavender, purple or some shade of green if that's possible.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shibbel
Ok, the more I look at the new DR the more I love it. I haven't followed the thread as well as I should have, so can someone tell me if they're starting production on these? Also, I'm leaning toward lamb- does this stretch a lot? Drew, besides the toughness of the calf, does it lend itself to the aesthetics of the new DR in any way?

They're up for order already, some guy already copped one today. Lamb is pliable, it stretches out a bit, shrinks back in naturally. It's fine unless you get it skin tight (which is not recommended anyway)

For the 3-zip DR and the collared Moto, lamb will be the best, in fact from now on I'm gonna only offer certain jackets in certain materials and this jacket will be lamb-only. Calf is too tough for some of the detailing like the banding around the cuffs and collar. It's just too thick and hard for something like that.
It'd be nice in suede, too, suede is doable.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For the 3-zip DR and the collared Moto, lamb will be the best, in fact from now on I'm gonna only offer certain jackets in certain materials and this jacket will be lamb-only. Calf is too tough for some of the detailing like the banding around the cuffs and collar. It's just too thick and hard for something like that. It'd be nice in suede, too, suede is doable.
That is good, made my decision much easier.
lol8[1].gif
Lamb it is.
It'd be nice in suede, too, suede is doable.
Doable but not available?

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Biggen
I must say I'm very tempted by the idea of a suede bomber in the same style as aj_del ordered in either lavender, purple or some shade of green if that's possible.

wait a few more days
redface.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads