TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

for heavy swag from the current menu:
    leaf-green 2011 dr lamb
    blue 2011 moto lamb
    burgundy 2010 dr fqhh (with fur?!)

would like to see:
    white leather
    all leather ma1/something with a different shape possibly oversized
    bring back suede in any/all styles (pimp colors please, lavender, turquoise, light blue, evergreen etc)
    leather shirts
    updated bomber
    most important: band collar DR

2. WhoKnewI

WhoKnewI Senior member

er... I don't think I want life sized traces of your lower blocks. [​IMG]

This made me laugh.

3. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

The menu getting diversified by the day. I'm digging these more conservative iterations of the classics, since you've toned them down without making them look completely safe.

The thing I really noticed about this collared Moto today, when we went to get it, was that it really overshot my expectations - I truthfully kind of set out to make a Toj-style 'dad jacket' - something that could get people who are on the fence about leathers into the fold... but I put this thing on and realized it's all about sizing. It's just like tailored blazer fitment - too shrunken and you kind of look like a twink in a jacket in a kid jacket, too spacious and this style would've looked like a dad jacket, but it doesn't at all. This is made to the same measurements as yesterday's 2011 3-zip DR, and with that set of measurements (which is the same as anyone would get with any of the Toj jackets, it's all about that S2S, front length, and sleeve length, and your choice of widths) it frankly fits very similarly to Julius size 1 on me, maybe with bigger upper sleeves - it's tight, trim, a little long for the width, it's not stuffy looking at all really. If anything it's like a classical highway jacket met gothninja and had a very constructive meeting. [​IMG]

4. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

I still think a trench or some sort of Temple rainy-wear would be great. Especially with awesome colour selection. I think it fits well with the whole classic yet modern idea. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Teger

Teger Senior member

i really, really like the new moto. looks perfect. I would pair it with a button down or a tshirt and jeans.

6. impolyt_one

leaf-green 2011 dr lamb
    blue 2011 moto lamb

would like to see:
    white leather
    bring back suede in any/all styles (pimp colors please, lavender, turquoise, light blue, evergreen etc)
    leather shirts
    updated bomber

I think about half of your wish list is gonna come true, soon. We have the sand leather, which is off-white and light. It's not Rick milk or anything like that, but it's light, not tan.

My kawaii mega swag juice list of DR recommendations would be something like:

2011 3-zip DR in black, sand lamb, leaf green lamb, whisky, basically any color. It's really that good as a design IMO, I think it'll go about as equally hard in virtually any color thrown at it. I guess you can't say that about all jacket designs.
    2010 4-zip DR in black calf, or burgundy FQHH (no fur anymore)

7. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Can we get a fit pic of the collared moto?

It seems like it will be perfect in brown calf but I think lamb my suit me better living in California and all.

8. impolyt_one

i really, really like the new moto. looks perfect. I would pair it with a button down or a tshirt and jeans.

that is exactly the idea behind it [​IMG] It's subdued enough to wear to an office if you wear bizu-kaji, got this quiet swag juice in the form and detailing to make it good for a v-neck tee and jeans to wear out at night.

9. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

Wait so is the fur thing completely off or is it just temporary? [​IMG]

10. shibbel

shibbel Senior member

Ok, the more I look at the new DR the more I love it. I haven't followed the thread as well as I should have, so can someone tell me if they're starting production on these? Also, I'm leaning toward lamb- does this stretch a lot? Drew, besides the toughness of the calf, does it lend itself to the aesthetics of the new DR in any way?

11. Biggen

Biggen Senior member

leaf-green 2011 dr lamb
    blue 2011 moto lamb

would like to see:
    white leather
    leather shirts
    updated bomber

I must say I'm very tempted by the idea of a suede bomber in the same style as aj_del ordered in either lavender, purple or some shade of green if that's possible.

12. impolyt_one

Ok, the more I look at the new DR the more I love it. I haven't followed the thread as well as I should have, so can someone tell me if they're starting production on these? Also, I'm leaning toward lamb- does this stretch a lot? Drew, besides the toughness of the calf, does it lend itself to the aesthetics of the new DR in any way?

They're up for order already, some guy already copped one today. Lamb is pliable, it stretches out a bit, shrinks back in naturally. It's fine unless you get it skin tight (which is not recommended anyway)

For the 3-zip DR and the collared Moto, lamb will be the best, in fact from now on I'm gonna only offer certain jackets in certain materials and this jacket will be lamb-only. Calf is too tough for some of the detailing like the banding around the cuffs and collar. It's just too thick and hard for something like that.
    It'd be nice in suede, too, suede is doable.

13. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

For the 3-zip DR and the collared Moto, lamb will be the best, in fact from now on I'm gonna only offer certain jackets in certain materials and this jacket will be lamb-only. Calf is too tough for some of the detailing like the banding around the cuffs and collar. It's just too thick and hard for something like that. It'd be nice in suede, too, suede is doable.
    That is good, made my decision much easier. [​IMG] Lamb it is.
    It'd be nice in suede, too, suede is doable.
    Doable but not available?

14. impolyt_one

I must say I'm very tempted by the idea of a suede bomber in the same style as aj_del ordered in either lavender, purple or some shade of green if that's possible.

wait a few more days [​IMG]

15. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

I'd make a sick pair for sure, and I really like moto-styled leather pants, and ARSix is also correct in that the materials would need to be right looking, but still, I don't think I am gonna make them, leatherdaddies.

man, you're an asshole [​IMG]