• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brinbro
God damn, you 'workout' and look like that? You're wasting your time... why do you keep saying your upper body is fairly built?
facepalm.gif
frown.gif

This was needlessly crass, even for SW&D WAYWT

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I am very uncomfortable in front of the camera because i find waiting for the self timer on my camera really awkward, especially becuase i'm trying for a balance of "not too stiff" "not too slouchy" "no ILS" etc. (I kind of get why Japanese tourists do the two fingers thing now haha).

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
U should get wifey to capture u out and about

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
did lane really just say that he gives up a social life so he has money to buy clothes that he nerds out over and will aid in making him look more anti-social?

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aeg: ssense model pose. Any less awkward?
12GqT.jpg
Also, For the longest time, I couldn't figure out why i naturally lean to one side in my fitpics. Then I learned I have mild scoliosis and a slightly pelvic tilt. I'm in PT for it now.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lane needs to refer back to that awesome kunk quote about Rick/Ed Hardy

GN that actually looks decent though you should look up

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Not quite sure why noobizor is even on this forum as he clearly doesn't know his head from his ass yet keeps waxing poetic like he does.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid
dunno, he's just some dumb troll that no one cares about so it doesn't really matter what he says
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
Aeg:

ssense model pose. Any less awkward?
12GqT.jpg

It's still not really natural. Don't know how to tell you to take a picture without thinking you're taking a picture, but that's how you do it. Regardless, I can tell it looks like the fit is mostly fine despite the additional hate you'll get for a picture not looking that great. Crewneck might look better though.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
epoc, dope as usual. i see some seams on the shirt/knit (?) ...looks interesting. would like a close-up please
inlove.gif
is the scarf part of the top, or separate? eaither way i like it. GN, lol at the ssense pose. it does look better
laugh.gif

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
GN - Way better pose. You can also try not getting in whatever position you're going to be in until just before the camera goes off, or be in motion while the picture's taken. Look at how many MC-ers (including aeglus) walk toward the camera in their shots. lane & noobizor (I think it was noobizor) - Y'all are talking about different things. You can sort-of-maybe get along with tailoring mall brand stuff and still look decent if you're going for regular, boring stuff. There are still potentially issues with things like fabric quality, which affects the drape, and construction, which can screw basically anything up, but a decent tailor can more or less make a new, better-fitting garment than you buy OTR, and it can look as good as or better than its more expensive equivalent. lane, in contrast, is into all this stuff I'm just gonna call directional, for lack of a better term. This stuff is outside the realm of the way most people dress, and most people don't even have a standard by which to evaluate it. That's stuff that you can't fake. Knock-offs like Allsaints are the closest you can get, and it'll look fine in grainy Internet photography. Also, noobizor (again, apologies if that wasn't you; I haven't had any coffee yet), STFU about people spending too much money on clothing when you're posting on a forum about clothing.
Originally Posted by epoc
5497891839_d889f693a5_z.jpg

KKA MA+ LUC Guidi

Great, great stuff, epoc. Glad you started posting here. And it sounds like fuji and I have similar upper body dimensions if he's 40 chest, 30 waist. He probably has bigger pecs (honestly, I'm pretty flat-chested), and I probably have bigger lats. We're both tall and skinny and come across as such. I can't believe I wrote that much.

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think GN's "regular" poses are all that unnatural, although they almost always seem to be rotated 20 degrees? How has that never been commented on?

edit: lol at slack tide sticking up for skinny legged du's everywhere

NameBack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brinbro
God damn, you 'workout' and look like that? You're wasting your time... why do you keep saying your upper body is fairly built?
facepalm.gif
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Cool The Kid

yeah no kidding

NameBack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Not quite sure why noobizor is even on this forum as he clearly doesn't know his head from his ass yet keeps waxing poetic like he does.

Isn't that what WAYWT is all about?

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lane
rant at noobizor
hey big papi, guess what, you're getting trolled hard
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
Aeg: ssense model pose. Any less awkward?
12GqT.jpg
Also, For the longest time, I couldn't figure out why i naturally lean to one side in my fitpics. Then I learned I have mild scoliosis and a slightly pelvic tilt. I'm in PT for it now.

So much better than usual though still abit stiff. Your proportions don't look like an ugly mess here. Someone mentioned walking toward the camera, maybe try that. Definitely keep experimenting with different stuff. BTW I had very severe scoliosis when I first started posting here (had surgery last december), even though my fits then were not great you could never really tell. I think notwithit complimented my last fit. Thanks dude.
frown.gif
no one else said anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads