• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man all I want for spring is a leather shirt. SO badly. I was really hoping All Saints woudl do a decent knockoff....

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
Man all I want for spring is a leather shirt. SO badly. I was really hoping All Saints woudl do a decent knockoff....
I bought a pretty minimalistic black one for 60 bucks, waiting for it to get to me, I will report on viability. Are you smaller than me? If the Julius one I bought is too small I'll flip it. It's brown though, don't know if people have use for non-black ones.

I would like to see some wjk offerings and would probably shell out as it seems to me they'd do it well. Synthese: Backlash makes a TON of different leather shirts but really expensive here. Can be found on YJP though. I kind of wanted this one but not for anywhere near the price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BACKLASH-Isamu-K...item1e60b524fe

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am the culprit here im not gonna lie so what.. uncontrol set me off cuz he was low blowing me for no reason just cuz I by into an aesthetic for similar reasons to CrazyJew. He knew about my reasonings cuz I explained them to him in detail. Then a bunch of people pile on when I was simply defending myself as I am going to continue doing. Plus, they act like they know the whole story, maybe Uncontrol wasn't even trying to be that mean but I thought he was. I was also pissed at him cuz a friend of mine got suspended from his forum cuz some lame girls didn't like him.

It stops when you guys stop, then I'll shut up. I was gonna stop a while back, but then someone used my picture for a meme, and it continued and I'm not gonna sit back and watch that.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
I bought a pretty minimalistic black one for 60 bucks, waiting for it to get to me, I will report on viability. Are you smaller than me? If the Julius one I bought is too small I'll flip it. It's brown though, don't know if people have use for non-black ones.

I'm a healthy 48, which was smaller then you at some point I believe. If it's the shirt I'm thinking of though it will be too small for me. What's the minimalistic black one?

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm having flashbacks to Kent Money.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lane
It stops when you guys stop, then I'll shut up. I was gonna stop a while back, but then someone used my picture for a meme, and it continued and I'm not gonna sit back and watch that.
Nah man can't let that **** go, it's just the start. Next they'll be ****** your wife, kidnapping family members... definitely better to draw the line in the sand now.

Seriously, simmer the **** down and shrug it off, this "I'll stop when you stop" only makes things worse for you, you might as well be saying "SOMEONE, PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, TROLL ME!"

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
3280983403_b0e0503945_o.jpg

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
I'm a healthy 48, which was smaller then you at some point I believe. If it's the shirt I'm thinking of though it will be too small for me. What's the minimalistic black one?
I think there is one on ebay in the same size. I'm a 48 as well now and your suspicions of too-small may apply to me as well but I was willing to gamble I guess. The black one is all saints like you said, somewhere a few pages back I undertook to buy one just for the hell of it to determine whether their shirts were a viable alternative to vovk / ma+ which can't really be easily obtained. ******* Faust of all people sold a glorious Carpe Diem recently in my size but I rarely see good pieces. So maybe this will tide me over until something pops up. You only really want 1-2 leather shirts.

dwyhajlo

Reaction score
Synthese, it's too bad that the FW 2011 stuff doesn't come out for a while, because those Trussardi joints looked amazing. If you can hold off, you should grab one of those.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nah man can't let that **** go, it's just the start. Next they'll be ****** your wife, kidnapping family members... definitely better to draw the line in the sand now. Seriously, simmer the **** down and shrug it off, this "I'll stop when you stop" only makes things worse for you, you might as well be saying "SOMEONE, PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, TROLL ME!"
lol, im actually the type that lives for arguments. I thrive on it. nahneum, LMAOOAOAOAAOOO

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think there is one on ebay in the same size. I'm a 48 as well now and your suspicions of too-small may apply to me as well but I was willing to gamble I guess. The black one is all saints like you said, somewhere a few pages back I undertook to buy one just for the hell of it to determine whether their shirts were a viable alternative to vovk / ma+ which can't really be easily obtained. ******* Faust of all people sold a glorious Carpe Diem recently in my size but I rarely see good pieces. So maybe this will tide me over until something pops up. You only really want 1-2 leather shirts.

Yeah my dream one is the M.A.+ in white. Let me knwo about the All Saints one, fits my budget alittle better.

Also speaking of gambles do you think your new svelte self would trade those cloak boots for a long coat from Alexander McQueen mainline?

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Kind of depends on the coat... I just bought a McQueen mainline coat. Really what I'm trying to fund right now is a pair of brown boots, Guidi zips or Miharayasuhiro (another unfindable unicorn) or something like that.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kind of depends on the coat... I just bought a McQueen mainline coat. Really what I'm trying to fund right now is a pair of brown boots, Guidi zips or Miharayasuhiro (another unfindable unicorn) or something like that.

I'll send you a picture, it's almost a suiting weight fabric, very good for spring, fall and do-able in summer. I actually really like it, but as you can see from the first post in my "things you desperately need" thread, I've been lusting over those boots for years. Though I'm worried they may be a little small.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads