• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Martin Greenfield - first suit fitting next week

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Nice story, but contains some lulz. You act like you're meeting up with a hooker or something. "He offered me a bagel and coffee and then disappeared behind some racks...I was very nervous."

In all seriousness, though, good writeup on the first-time experience. Congrats on going through with it, and be sure to post suit pics when ready.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
u should write a novel!

mlongano

Reaction score
Thanks for a very detailed write-up. Anyone complaining about your writing style or content can skip the parts they are not interested in.

By the way, I don't think you mentioned how you got home from that somewhat dicey neighborhood...did you have to call a cab to pick you up?

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mlongano
Thanks for a very detailed write-up. Anyone complaining about your writing style or content can skip the parts they are not interested in.

By the way, I don't think you mentioned how you got home from that somewhat dicey neighborhood...did you have to call a cab to pick you up?

who complained about his writing style??
the 'hood is NOT dicey! how do you get home? "google" cab co's in that area and schedule. ****..it ain't dat hard!

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It is an industrial area. It is a factory you are going to not a haberdashery shop. It is not the 1980's in Brooklyn anymore like most people think.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
It is an industrial area. It is a factory you are going to not a haberdashery shop. It is not the 1980's in Brooklyn anymore like most people think.

10000% you can wak around that area w/o any issues. i have multi cab co's phone numbers in my berry. if anyone neds one, PM me....geez. that last post needs handholding to go to bklyn!

bullethead

Reaction score
anyone who thinks they need a taxi due to safety issues is thinking like a *****. As stated before, very safe walk from the subway.

Jim Barns

Reaction score
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
A young adults novel.
stirpot.gif

Originally Posted by ter1413
u should write a novel!
smack.gif

Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum
Erotic vampire fan-fiction tbh.
rotflmao.gif

An Erotic Vampire Young Adult Novel!
marchal.gif

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hans Cater
Wow!!!! that was long and not easy to read through all of it. Could you not summarize?

I hate wasting more than twenty minutes just reading a post.

facepalm.gif

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CYstyle
Had a 2 button MTM made by Martin greenfield, the lapel rolls to a non existant 3rd button as if it were a true 3 button suit instead of to the top of a 2 button.
ffffuuuu.gif

They also seem to have troubles with the vents on single vents. Make sure it's not twisting. Other than that no issues but I was under the impressions his son's are not tailors and studied something non relevant to clothing or factory running.

FWIW, I have never seen a MG suit with a soft lapel roll.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics