• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

acridsheep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tesuquegolfer
I had trouble telling which one was the "real" Clooney!
Thanks! Mrs. Acridsheep, alas, did not have as much trouble.
Originally Posted by MBreinin
The fit is a little bit off (so ******* what), but this is the nicest shot of you I have ever seen. This was obviously done with a good camera and is wonderful. Great effort.
Ironically, this is the exact same size suit as another that I post regularly that is SF-approved. That said, the pose just exacerbates a known issue at this point. Thanks for the props. I love the Nikon DSLR.
Tom1.JPG
Tom2.JPG
Tom3.JPG

Tom Wolfe is always worthy of a full requote. I knew someone would DTO him. Money, Mike.
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman
bdb816c2.jpg
waywrn.png

Awesome.
Originally Posted by Jabonator
Sorry, but for some reason the first thing that came to mind when I saw you was:
happy_dicaprio_640_73.jpg
laugh.gif

I thought about DTOing LD, but I would have selected a different photo, for about 9 million reasons.
lol8[1].gif

Orgetorix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This has to be my fave so far. Of course, Bullitt is one of my all time favorite movies...but making a ******* movie poster. Dude, what can I say!!!
worship.gif

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that, while NOBD dresses well and occasionally hits it out of the ballpark, many of his fits here are pretty uninspiring. The dude has style, but IMO he garners compliments and challenge wins with his photography and Photoshop skills as much as his clothes.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oldog/oldtrix

Originally Posted by Doral
Choir director wanted us to wear black and white so had to throw something together real quick. It is starting to get a little warm here in Texas so I decided to ditch the sport coat and go with a sweater vest.​

DSC00027-2.jpg
DSC00033-1.jpg
Wore this out to dinner with a friend.

DSC00038-1.jpg
DSC00039-1.jpg
DSC00037.jpg

Originally Posted by gnatty8
Just passing through, cashmere today:

p1030549ev.jpg
p1030548m.jpg

Details:

p1030545p.jpg
p1030553.jpg

Originally Posted by markmont
markmont%20waywt_2.24.11_01.png

markmont%20waywt_2.24.11_02.png

markmont%20waywt_2.24.11_03.png
[/SPOILER]

Originally Posted by PTWilliams

Bacall: I'm very grateful to you, Mr. Marlowe. I'm very glad it's all over. Tell me, uh, what do you usually do when you're not working?
Bogart: Mm. Play the horses, fool around.
Bacall: No women?
Bogart: Well, I'm generally working on something most of the time.
Bacall: Would that be stressed to include me?
Bogart: I like you. I told you that before.
Bacall: I liked hearing you say it.
Bogart: _Mm.
Bacall: But you didn't do much about it.
Bogart: Neither did you.
Bacall: Well, speaking of horses, I like to play them myself. But I'd like to see them work out a little first to see if they are front runners or come from behind, find out what the whole card is, what makes them run.
Bogart: Find out mine?
Bacall: I think so.
Bogart: Go ahead.
Bacall: I'd say you don't like to be rated. You'd like to get out in front, open up a lead, take a little breather in the backstretch and, and come home free.
Bogart: You don't like to be rated yourself.
Bacall: I haven't met anyone yet who could do it. Any suggestions?
Bogart: Well, I can't tell 'til I've seen you over distance of ground. You got a touch of class but... I don't know, how far you can go?
Bacall: That depends on who's on the saddle, Marlowe. I like the way you work. In case you don't know, you're doing all right.
Bogart: There's one thing I can't figure out.
Bacall: What makes me run?
Bogart: Uh huh.
Bacall: I'll give you a little hint. Sugar won't work. It's been tried.

Originally Posted by NOBD
imagescan4chkx.jpg

Originally Posted by Orgetorix
Friday Challenge - Puttin' On The Ritz

DSCF7164-Copy.jpg
dkmb86g_776qv76r5g8_b.jpg

DSCF7179.jpg
DSCF7186.jpg

I was all set to do the collar pin too, but realized after I'd gotten dressed that this shirt's collar is too wide spread for it. Oh well.
Originally Posted by NOBD
waywrncelebritydtochall.jpg

Imageshack people; change your host because it doesn't let many countries see what you are using. Use http://www.imgur.com or something else. Otherwise I'm never going to waste effort to see whatever you post. It never was any good to begin with.

Doral, hope you dump that vest. Not flattering.
Markmont, add a white bd under that and it'd be a lot better. Well, socks too and a little trouser length.
Orget you look good with a smile.

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Predictable? Yes. I mean who else would I DTO for this celebrity challenge? Spoo and I joked around about Gianni Versace but in the end I went with the man, though fictional, who embodies, for me, all the stylistic qualities that I admire. I would have gone with my father had he been a celebrity, as he too worked in the ad world during the 60's, so I went with the next best and closest representative: Don Draper, because his style is a clean, sharp aesthetic, at the same time cool and slick yet understated and conservative. And let's face it, the man is a bad ass player.

WWDDD_022511_DD_01.jpg
WWDDD_022511_DD_02.jpg

WWDDD_022511_01.jpg
WWDDD_022511_02.jpg

WWDDD_022511_03.jpg
WWDDD_022511_04.jpg

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Ha, ha. Birdman. That was my second choice! Nice job with the cornflakes and the camera angle.

PrkrCaine.jpg

CaineHoward.jpg

Michael Caine with his tailor Douglas Hayward circa 71. Very hard to get the vintage details correct. Not everyone has flares with piping.

Color version:
PrkrColor.jpg

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman
bdb816c2.jpg

waywrn.png

This is great Harvey. However, you look more like the tall hitman from Bullitt (the one who drove the Charger). It would have been perfect for that!

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that, while NOBD dresses well and occasionally hits it out of the ballpark, many of his fits here are pretty uninspiring. The dude has style, but IMO he garners compliments and challenge wins with his photography and Photoshop skills as much as his clothes.

I did not say his fit was my fave of the bunch, but his obviously awesome production. I am not going to disagree with your assertions for this very reason. However, he definitely has his thing, and is able to make it work for many of the Challenges. I feel really outclassed this week. All I did was shoot some pics last night while enjoying some cocktails. I did not think people were going to take it to this level!

Mike

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Parker
Ha, ha. Birdman. That was my second choice! Nice job with the cornflakes and the camera angle.

PrkrCaine.jpg

CaineHoward.jpg

Michael Caine with his tailor Douglas Hayward circa 71. Very hard to get the vintage details correct. Not everyone has flares with piping.

Color version:
PrkrColor.jpg

Good God, Magnum. This is so cool.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
very well played gents, id list you by name but the list got too long, you know who you are
smile.gif

EDIT:
twd
spoo
orge
nobd
tto
acrid
harvey
Pand
parker

all great guys really superb

acridsheep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Don't worry Orge, we're all playing for second this week.
lol8[1].gif

Also, I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but that one pose, with the smoke, you could kind of pass for a slightly less foppish Pee Wee Herman.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm jammed at work, but monitoring this challenge closely. Pretty sure that this early in the game even, this may be the best entries for any challenge ever. EVER. TTO - sorry dude. MBreinin - sorry my ******* rolex just doesn't cut it for you. NOBD - I'll pay you for Photoshop lessons. Acrid - smile moar. Pand - good call. Harvey - you look nothing like I expected. Ian - some faces look better covered up
laugh.gif

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thin White Duke
Chanelling The Jam:

fu2uk2.jpg

No love for black suits = no votes for TWD. Again!

2daddaq.jpg

34488b7.jpg

Dude! I love you for this! Only wish your tie was a tad slimmer but as others have said the Union Jack Gretsch(?) is all sorts of mod win!!!!

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure NOBD gets praise more because his stuff fits well and looks good. His photoshops add to it but you can't make your clothes fit via and look good via photoshop alone.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I understand what Orgetorix says. The thing is, I don't have to dress up for work and I like simple (zzz) stuff. The challenges—for me—are about having fun; that's why I try to come up with something 'new', whenever I get the chance.

This one started out with the Bullitt-outfit, then I thought a background would be nice, and after that the idea of the film poster came to mind. It combines three (or even four) things I like: clothing, photography and graphic design (and fooling around with language).

Originally Posted by UrbanComposition
ffffuuuu.gif
NOBD! I had the same idea
lol8[1].gif

Show us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads