• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

how do you rock 'em jeans? : Fit Pics & Description

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
got my pair of triple works permanent indigo tapereds. pretty awesome jeans, almost dior-esque fit. low rise, little loose top block, but heavy taper and really narrow ankle/knee

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IIIrd Icon
***Xposted:

'talk about natural indigo jeans having reputation for retaining their color, these mofo doggedly latch on to their indigo like a pitbull. 1.5y/o = 8mos [approx effective wear] = x8 soaks = n0 wash.

it's prolly how the yarns were weaved so tight together__ every after soak, the damn jeans seem to reset back to almost new conditi
crazy.gif
n__ like having bigtime focus/attention disorder, lulz. but, i'm not complaining. it means that i'm getting my money's worth. all i know is that, everytime i put them on, i'm banking ataris [a few strikes @ a time]__ payback is when i decide to wash.... muuuahahaha!

***shots taken w/available light @ISO 800 except for the last frame [w/c was taken w/flash].
s5000aiortho3v.jpg

s5000aifit3.jpg

Update:
2 days ago [before wash]
RRLAIWSJ.jpg

1st [dbl] wash, cold @2 yrs= 12mos effective normal [city] wear. dint rock these as hard as usual. 'had heads up from SuFu peeps [like lowrider, btm, technicolor, etc] who also got them & were disappointed with the result. i wanted to avoid the constant flux between wash&wear [ie, shrink & stretch] that consequently taxed the 100% cotton thread. so, the plan was to [initially] defer the 1st wash until needed & just age 'em slowly. i got a deep rotation to channel my "jeans angst", anyway
smile.gif

s5000aiX1wFB.jpg

s5000aiX1wWhiskr.jpg

s5000aiX1wWhiskr2.jpg

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
got my pair of triple works permanent indigo tapereds. pretty awesome jeans, almost dior-esque fit. low rise, little loose top block, but heavy taper and really narrow ankle/knee
Pics? Also, this thread needs better representation from plebe brands, ergo the following: 1) Naked & Famous Weird Guys in green selvage, size 29 (down 1):
nf_wg_a.jpg
nf_wg_b.jpg
nf_wg_c.jpg
They're actually really green. Like, not just green-cast, but green. Comparison shot with Samurais (colors aren't exact, but you get an idea of the contrast):
nf_wg_v_sam.jpg
Also, the exposed coin pocket selvage isn't just one piece of fabric with a selvage edge; there's actually a strip of fabric with a selvage edge sewn on top of the coin pocket, which is otherwise a normal coin pocket, I think. Denim's pretty thin and stretchy. (No complaints at $29 from the Gilt final sale.) 2) UO Unbranded skinny fit in grey, size 30 (TTS):
ub101_a.jpg
ub101_b.jpg
ub101_c.jpg
Not put together very well, although some of the details - hidden rivets, donut buttons, and hidden coin pocket selvage - are actually better than the details on real (made in Canada) N&Fs. Stitching isn't that great or even, and they didn't sew the area above the hidden rivets shut for some reason. I like the cut (especially the long inseam) and color (not like any other jeans I own), though.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IIIrd Icon
Update: 2 days ago [before wash]
RRLAIWSJ.jpg
1st [dbl] wash, cold @2 yrs= 12mos effective normal [city] wear. dint rock these as hard as usual. 'had heads up from SuFu peeps [like lowrider, btm, technicolor, etc] who also got them & were disappointed with the result. i wanted to avoid the constant flux between wash&wear [ie, shrink & stretch] that consequently taxed the 100% cotton thread. so, the plan was to [initially] defer the 1st wash until needed & just age 'em slowly. i got a deep rotation to channel my "jeans angst", anyway
smile.gif
s5000aiX1wFB.jpg
s5000aiX1wWhiskr.jpg
s5000aiX1wWhiskr2.jpg

this is so unreal! natural indigo is so cool ... i need a pair of these. thanks IIIrd!

tooshay

Reaction score
(x-post from 3Sixteen thread) GF's first foray into the world of raw denim. 3sixteen+ 99BSP, size 27, true waist 26", hips (butt?) 35". Thanks to Kiya for patience with sizing!
IMG_0089.jpg
IMG_0088.jpg
IMG_0085.jpg
IMG_0084.jpg
IMG_0082.jpg

Donut

Reaction score
Originally Posted by notwithit
Pics?

Also, this thread needs better representation from plebe brands, ergo the following:

1) Naked & Famous Weird Guys in green selvage, size 29 (down 1):

nf_wg_a.jpg
nf_wg_b.jpg
nf_wg_c.jpg

They're actually really green. Like, not just green-cast, but green. Comparison shot with Samurais (colors aren't exact, but you get an idea of the contrast):

nf_wg_v_sam.jpg

Also, the exposed coin pocket selvage isn't just one piece of fabric with a selvage edge; there's actually a strip of fabric with a selvage edge sewn on top of the coin pocket, which is otherwise a normal coin pocket, I think. Denim's pretty thin and stretchy.

(No complaints at $29 from the Gilt final sale.)

2) UO Unbranded skinny fit in grey, size 30 (TTS):

ub101_a.jpg
ub101_b.jpg
ub101_c.jpg

Not put together very well, although some of the details - hidden rivets, donut buttons, and hidden coin pocket selvage - are actually better than the details on real (made in Canada) N&Fs. Stitching isn't that great or even, and they didn't sew the area above the hidden rivets shut for some reason. I like the cut (especially the long inseam) and color (not like any other jeans I own), though.

Very nice fit on both of them. Also what are those shoes?

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tooshay
(x-post from 3Sixteen thread)

GF's first foray into the world of raw denim.
3sixteen+ 99BSP, size 27, true waist 26", hips (butt?) 35". Thanks to Kiya for patience with sizing!

IMG_0089.jpg

IMG_0088.jpg

IMG_0085.jpg

IMG_0084.jpg

IMG_0082.jpg

Slow-Clap.gif

Originally Posted by Donut
Very nice fit on both of them. Also what are those shoes?

Thanks! And, uh, a very non-SF-approved brand.

JoeRogan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice fit tooshay

Cross-posted from WAYWT, since I haven't seen any pics or info of these on here. Strike Gold SG1101. They have maybe a 45 wears on them. The only other pair I have experience with to compare them too is the F310, and these aren't quite as slim all the way through as those. The denim is really fantastic, it gets pretty hairy after the first soak, which I like

DSC_0309-2.jpg
DSC_0310.jpg

DSC_0312.jpg

DSC_0298-2.jpg

DSC_0299-4.jpg

cb_32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tooshay
(x-post from 3Sixteen thread)

GF's first foray into the world of raw denim. 3sixteen+ 99BSP, size 27, true waist 26", hips (butt?) 35". Thanks to Kiya for patience with sizing!

IMG_0089.jpg

IMG_0088.jpg

IMG_0085.jpg

IMG_0084.jpg

IMG_0082.jpg

they look kinda weird tbh, but thats pretty cool

most girls cringe at the thought

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Donut
Well what is it because they don't look too bad.
They're Kenneth Cole REACTION (I think they do the stupid all-caps thing) City Visions. PM'ed you details. edit: Also, a) I think the 3Sixteens don't look weird on tooshay-ette, b) I can understand why girls might not want to wear raw denim (knee bags, dealing with the stretch and contract issues, &c.), c) questionable footwear aside, she's super-cute.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads