• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldknots

Reaction score
P10206041280x864.jpg

[/quote]
I actually really like your style! I do have one question with this outfit, is the pocket watch just for show? Do you actually for show given you have a wristwatch as well. It reminds me of wearing braces and a belt at the same time (though these two items are much better)

DaBatMan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by spoozy
Cheers, PandArtst.Self-cut from an old table-cloth.
The definition of style Spoozy. Very nice!
Originally Posted by NOBD
Back to boring. And blue.
waywrnchallengeblue.jpg

Absolutely nothing boring about this. Nice, clean, smooth, and simple. (my first go at the Oxford comma)
Originally Posted by acridsheep
Ye are the Shakespeare reincarnate of SF, both in language and in dress. It took me twenty minutes to decipher your post, and another twenty to give you the appropriate amount of homage by bowing.
Too flipping funny. Get out of my head.
Originally Posted by PandArts
I'm in a Blue Jay Way for the Friday Challenge today. and the debut of the new suit...
Blue_020311_01.jpg
Blue_020311_02.jpg
Blue_020311_03.jpg
Deets:
Blue_020311_05.jpg
Blue_020311_04.jpg

D@m... Awesomeness at it's finest, Sir! BTW... deets on those shoes???
clappingk.gif
Originally Posted by Doral
Hello all. I have not posted in about a month due to the fact that my organization had a reduction in force (RIF) and I was one of the 42 people that got released. All is not lost though. I got my separation package January 18 at 9:00 am. Had a job interview that same day at 11:00 am and I just got notified today that I was hired and I will be heading to Abu Dhabi in the U.A.E. the first week in March. I am excited and can not wait to leave. Anyone here ever lived/worked in Abu Dhabi? Now my input for the blue challenge.
DSC00027-1.jpg
DSC00030.jpg
DSC00032-1.jpg
DSC00033.jpg

Badass Doral... simply Badass!
Originally Posted by Drudged
Alright first attempt at the WAYWRN, as well as my first go at the Friday Challenge. Please ignore the rumpling in the thigh area, no idea what was happening there.
Note to self... turn playboy off before I post!

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by goldknots
P10206041280x864.jpg

I actually really like your style! I do have one question with this outfit, is the pocket watch just for show? Do you actually for show given you have a wristwatch as well. It reminds me of wearing braces and a belt at the same time (though these two items are much better)[/quote]

I really tell time by the wrist watch, though the pocket watch (a mechanical) is set and wound every time that I wear the watch chain (the compass, chain and watch all have sentimental value - the watch was a recent present from a dear friend, and the chain and compass were found among my late father's effects after his death). At the very least, the pocket watch counterbalances the compass, and makes the drape of the watch chain look good.
satisfied.gif

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ich_Dien
Well spotted!

Beh, è la mia città ...!

And, my ex-gf lived almost directly above from where your photo was taken. Was just there for lunch at the Osteria Mocenigo a couple of weeks ago. And for the best gelato in town, Gelateria San Stae is a very worthy rival to GROM, imo.

Mr. Claymore

Reaction score
As usual, a day late and a picture short for the contest:

1177885316_RenTB-L.png

1177887136_e3Wig-L.png

1177887755_fUdPv-L.png

Hat: Black, Optimo
Gloves: Black, Dents
Overcoat: Navy, Polo Ralph Lauren
Suit: Navy Flannel with Lighter Blue Chalk Stripe, MMTMMND (Mystery Made to Measure Maker Now Defunct)
Effervescent Pocket Square: Blue, Bruer
Shirt: Blue with White Stripe, Made to Measure Hickey-Freeman
Tie: Navy with Blue and White Amoebas, J. Z Richards (Not one of my favorites. I think this is my first time wearing since it was given to me four years ago.)
Shoes: Black, Alden; 909​

ffffuuuu.gif

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

yfyf

Affiliate vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NotDickDiver
Not sure if it would look good on me, but it definitely looks good on you two. Well done.

Is that a Porter bag sitting on that chair? If so, how do you find it?

Thank you. I'm generally a fan of Porter briefcases. Their aesthetic is something that takes a little while to "get" but it really grows on you. That briefcase is new, I bought it for a colleague of mine at the store, I use a different one. I've had a few Porters over the years, always sturdy, understated (if a little offbeat) and functional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads