• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stylish eye glasses

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kiya
I have the top pair in smoke/gray:
http://www.ditalegends.com/product_d...STATESMAN.html

You want to buy them?
I got the gold pair and don't wear the smoke/gray pair any more.
If so, PM me an offer. They retail for $500 and are in perfect condition.

hi kiya. which pair the very top one ? there isnt a smoke grey i see on the site. and what size do you have ? i need a 50 or 52 but i dont really need a another pair of frames now.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
hi kiya. which pair the very top one ? there isnt a smoke grey i see on the site. and what size do you have ? i need a 50 or 52 but i dont really need a another pair of frames now.

I have size 52.
The color is called: D.Gray

webzeb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by david809
webzeb, your choices are very good. I was thinking that with the description of your nose, a keyhole bridge would be good, and all of your choices have this. Also, your face has enough angles to it so that the roundness of a P3 would not be an issue (a person with a round face could not wear any of the glasses that you linked). So you are on the right track.

Lafont makes a ton of glasses in this style. You just need to figure out if you want a more subtle pair (O'Riley) or something bolder (Sheldrake). Actually, I just tried on the Sheldrake a few days ago, it's a cool pair, a little on the heavy side, but nice.

Many thanks for your reply.
smile.gif

I've tried the Paul Smith Morse in a local shop.
The sample came in a very beautiful brown/teal blue dual plates finish. I don't know if they're still available in this color 'cause I can only find oak/midnight blue in PS brand book.

Comfort was good.
As you suggested, the keyhole bridge is a pretty good thing when you have a big broken noise. Plus, it adds an interesting vintage touch.

By the way, the lens size* seemed a bit narrow on my face. I'm sure they would works much better with a few more millimeters.
(*PS brand book says 46mm, but the sample I tried was 48mm, maybe from the old collection)

OP O'Riley or Sheldrake ?
Unfortunately, my retailer doesn't have these in stock, so I would have to order...

dave

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
my favorite frames i own at this point:

i have 3 pair of these. black, tortoise and crystal. some of the best frames i've ever owned.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads