• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

APC petit standard question

keeewi

Reaction score
I bought a pair of APC petit standards in size 29 (sized down once as recommended by the salesman) at the APC store in SOHO New York. At the time the jeans fit me well (slim, but not skinny). Due to weightlifting my quads and hamstrings have grown much larger in size and the jeans have become very tight on my thighs. Not only do I dislike the way they look, but they are also very uncomfortable to wear for long periods of time. They restrict normal movement and getting my hands into the pockets is an annoying task. I've been doing squats, lunges and occasionally sleeping in my denim which has made wearing them slightly more bearable, but ultimately I think I'll be needing a new pair. I haven't been wearing them much lately because I don't feel comfortable in them. Should I continue to wear them and try to stretch them out? Will washing them make the denim less rigid (I haven't washed them yet)? Or - should I just sell them for what I can and buy a new pair?

Reaction score
First and foremost you should have posted this in the APC thread: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...33687&page=448 2nd, big thighs and petite standards is fail. I dont know how big your thighs have grown from that but you may want to look at New standards or Resuces. Go back to SoHo and try on a few that you'd like. Depending on how long you've had them they may not stretch any further.

blake

Affiliate vendor
Reaction score
your best bet would be to put them on and get in the shower or the bathtub and stretch them while wet. This will definitely work. I know everyone gets super crazy about not washing stuff, but if you do this for just a couple of minutes and make sure the water is not hot.

This will at least salvage them so you can wear them.

keeewi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by blake
your best bet would be to put them on and get in the shower or the bathtub and stretch them while wet. This will definitely work. I know everyone gets super crazy about not washing stuff, but if you do this for just a couple of minutes and make sure the water is not hot.

This will at least salvage them so you can wear them.

Thanks. I'll probably end up doing this. I don't plan on stopping lifting any time soon though so hopefully they hold up over time. x_X

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads