• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

psycho snow plow guy

Stu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks for the responses. i am going to tell the neighbor that pays him to relay the message that if i see one scratch i will file a police report. my wife is very upset about this and I do travel some so she does spend time here alone. i don't want it to escalate but unacceptable behavior needs to be nipped in the bud.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by graphite
you know, some of the plow guys (and shovelers) here in boston are acting up too. my guess is, for the one time out of their lives, their profession has become extremely important, and as a result they're taking advantage of their new-found significance. they're treating people like crap because the know, in this time of the year, they can get away with it.
This may be the most wrong assumption I've heard in a long time. Most of these landscapers who do snow removal do it on a contract basis for the season, not everytime it snows. At this point, they are LOSING money by turning up to do this work. The wear and tear on their trucks, the gas, and the time that they have to do this is far exceeding what their contracts compensate. In fact, I know a few who simply quit. May not be the most ethical thing to do, but at least this guy continues to honor his obligations. Those who do quit certainly face potential problems be them legal or otherwise. Many may not be hired in spring to do the lawns, etc, based on the fact that they didn't fulfill this. Others who don't work on this type of contract do it per inch. they're not geniuses, but they're hard workers who try to price their services fairly. We've gotten so much snow that even if they charged by the inch, they're working ALL NIGHT, and doing lots of damage to their trucks. I'm in no way justifying his reaction, but sometimes I think people here can't walk a minute in someone else's shoes, when if they only could, many issues would be avoided.

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pennglock
Tell your neighbors so they don't hire him again.

Possibly this...

And realize money and status will not always lead to being liked, as well gaining the ability to relate.

He may have had a boss on his ass the whole day because of streets not yet covered, or a generally grumpy person. How are you sure? Lots of stereotypes floating through this thread (cue internetz).

Side note, since when were snow-plowers privately employed?
puzzled.gif

Maybe there's generally more money in your area to sustain it.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by erdawe

puzzled.gif

Sounds like a common shared private drive.

Most plowers here (aside from minicipal ones) are landscapers who do sidewalks and driveways.

Stu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by erdawe
Possibly this...

And realize money and status will not always lead to being liked, as well gaining the ability to relate.

He may have had a boss on his ass the whole day because of streets not yet covered, or a generally grumpy person. How are you sure? Lots of stereotypes floating through this thread (cue internetz).

puzzled.gif

Maybe there's generally more money in your area to sustain it.

this has nothing to do with money or status or tax brackets. the car is my wife's and although i have a great position now, I am only a few months removed from a 2-year stretch of unemployment where I had to do anything, even delivered newspapers. I had a tough time but never treated anyone like that.

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stu
thanks for the responses. i am going to tell the neighbor that pays him to relay the message that if i see one scratch i will file a police report. my wife is very upset about this and I do travel some so she does spend time here alone. i don't want it to escalate but unacceptable behavior needs to be nipped in the bud.

This sounds like a good idea.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yeah you're a *****

Originally Posted by blackjack
Maybe it sounds prissy and it depends on how the cops handle things in your neck of the woods, but I would consider his words a threat to you and your family -- and I'd report it to the police. Who knows? Maybe he has a record elsewhere of ******* up other people's property or even assault.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'd hide in a snowbank and wait for him to come by. Then I'd beat the **** out of his truck with a baseball bat.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stu

+1 - the neighbor is paying a psycho to hang out around your house, he has responsibilities for this.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
cut the guy a break, he probably had a bad day. You never know what else is happening to his life (not that it gives the right for him to act that way), just saying.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
**** this guy, if his time was so precious he should have gotten out of his redneck pickup and helped. Considering I'm an idiot I would have gotten in my car and followed him after he mouthed off. How well do you know your neighbor? I would walk on over and tell him that you or wife dont want him doing the work again. Next time it snows (which is supposed to be soon) he will call and ask if he's needed, when your neighbor tells him that he has someone else doing the job he should get the message that ********* up.

May the force be with you.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by clee1982
cut the guy a break, he probably had a bad day. You never know what else is happening to his life (not that it gives the right for him to act that way), just saying.

When i have a bad day i don't get all aggro with other people; it's called self-control. I have little respect for those that lack it. This guy just sounds like an asshole.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
When i have a bad day i don't get all aggro with other people; it's called self-control. I have little respect for those that lack it. This guy just sounds like an asshole.

that is why he is plowing snow, no self control.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
the snow plow guy with a winter like this is probably making more $ than most members here despite everyone's quick first step to deem him a harijan.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
the snow plow guy with a winter like this is probably making more $ than most members here despite everyone's quick first step to deem him a harijan.

I was thinking the same thing. Here in NJ I know a few landscapers who plow and they make some serious money doing it, although it's probably nothing close to what most nerds on this forum make.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads