• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Whither Vox?

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ I am just about to start a gdl appreciation thread. Havent decided whether in MC or DT. Dont pop a blood vessel

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

ChiliPalmer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ianiceman
I've been looking at this board for about a year on a fairly regular almost daily basis. In that time I might have seen two actual photos of him (was that really him in the wayfarer type shades and unbelievable vampiric black dye job?) and struggle to recall him posting any genuine well meant advice. What I do recall is what I posted above. He was the Dennis Miller of this board. In so much hurry to demonstrate his hilarious wit and self perceived intelligence any value in what he had to say was lost. Whenever I saw him contribute to a thread it almost always caused me to groan inwardly and very rarely offered anything germane to the point being discussed. I have to wonder if before my time he was some kind of maven who drowned in jealousy once a significant chunk of igents found their way to this board and were able to approach and even eclipse his own level. Now I do miss lufty and his vintage choices, and haven't seen many of TC's classy cuts lately.
This, more or less. I always thought it sad that an independently wealthy man, who is flush with time and money and who is clearly educated and articulate, could find no better way to spend his time.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChiliPalmer
This, more or less.

I always thought it sad that an independently wealthy man, who is flush with time and money and who is clearly educated and articulate, could find no better way to spend his time.

The irony.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bleachboy
How could you not love the cute blue frog?

Originally Posted by gdl203
It's softening my image, right?
smile.gif

not at all sir, not at all

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChiliPalmer
This, more or less.

I always thought it sad that an independently wealthy man, who is flush with time and money and who is clearly educated and articulate, could find no better way to spend his time.

What I find sad is the amount of venom directed at Bill for reasons that are purely related to one's own lack of self-esteem, envy and pettiness.

Mike

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
What I find sad is the amount of venom directed at Bill for reasons that are purely related to one's own lack of self-esteem, envy and pettiness.

Mike

well said counselor

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, that's why I don't like seeing the same Allen Edmonds joke in every thread.

Svenn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ataturk
He could be a good poster, but I can't say I miss him ******** up every thread with lame jokes.

I can see how someone new to the forum might get annoyed with him since the majority of his posts are jokes, but the truth is he does have a lot of substantive, helpful threads as well (e.g. A&S expat thread). Moreover, I've never seen a mean-spirited or ad hominem attack from Vox (unlike 90% of the rest of SF's posts), and he deserves credit for that. The personality cult following him around however is the strangest part of this whole phenomena, if I were him I'd be totally freaked out by it.

Fred49

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Mike

Yep

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Mike

Come on now Mike. I was prepared to accept your previous post that those of us who came late to the party didn't get to benefit from his earlier more magnanimous period, but I can't agree with this bit of armchair psychology.

It's all about opinions on a message board and in this case one person's is as valid as the next, based upon what they have witnessed.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ianiceman
Come on now Mike. I was prepared to accept your previous post that those of us who came late to the party didn't get to benefit from his earlier more magnanimous period, but I can't agree with this bit of armchair psychology.

It's all about opinions on a message board and in this case one person's is as valid as the next, based upon what they have witnessed.

I calls 'em as I sees 'em. Vox was the E.F. Hutton of this board. As a result, he had those that admired him for this reason, and those that despised him for it as well.

Mike

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All opinion is equal in value; when posted on a forum it becomes truth. I know this, since I read it online.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I calls 'em as I sees 'em. Vox was the E.F. Hutton of this board. As a result, he had those that admired him for this reason, and those that despised him for it as well.

Mike

i only had a breif overlap with vox as i am quite the noob, but i found him too be quite a good fellow with style that i hope to one day attain, i dont get all the hate.

as an aside its not all about opinions just because we are on a forum, some people have greater and vaster knowledge on certain subjects. sometimes those with less knowledge but more ego think that whatever words come out of their keyboard are as valid as the words of anyone else. but lets face it in any subject you have experts and non experts, deal with it

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Svenn
I The personality cult following him around however is the strangest part of this whole phenomena, if I were him I'd be totally freaked out by it.

Speaking about weird phenomena, you must be a stranger to this guy we call "Foo."

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads