• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Edward Green MTO

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mike147
Given that I'm an ocean away - it's going to be key to work with someone locally, like Leffot in NY or Leathersoul in BH, who can be a go between whether it's EG, AS, G&G, Ron Rider, etc. Probably going to need a fitting in the US before the sole goes on to ensure my orthotics and foot fit so having a professional to guide me will be key.

this

TKDKid

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rabiesinfrance
Tricker's would do you a fully bespoke shoe for £800, but I don't know if they'd use EG quality leather. I digress!

Originally Posted by academe
Are you sure about this? When you say "bespoke" they're measuring your foot and make your own last, etc.? I thought bespoke shoes run around £2600-3000?

I believe the key difference is that Tricker's bespoke is machine-made rather than hand-made. So you probably get your own last and your own design, then it goes through the factory shoemaking process as a special order. I guess it's a bit like going to AS with a Spring Line last.

academe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TKDKid
I believe the key difference is that Tricker's bespoke is machine-made rather than hand-made. So you probably get your own last and your own design, then it goes through the factory shoemaking process as a special order. I guess it's a bit like going to AS with a Spring Line last.

Thanks...This would make sense, given the price differential. Still an interesting proposition...

tchoy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Harrydog
EG is in my dog house at present. Four e-mails went unanswerered during the recent winter sale. I sent repeated requests for the stock list, which in the past they sent out the day the sale started.

Nothing. Not a single response.

Really a crappy way to do business.

As for the G&G at Bespoke -the basic price is 670.00 pnds with trees(and shipping is free on MTO) and you are looking at about $1,100.00 price point. Excellent value

EG's service is getting worst. Ordered a pair of Oundle back last June, sent three emails regarding it's status in December none were return. A phone call to the London store and then I was told a delivery van with 45 pairs of EGs shoes were stolen including mine. I told them a reply email would have been nice.
They promise they will re-make my shoes promptly but not keeping my hopes up too high.
I have been a customer for 10 years and have a quite few pair of EG but going try out other makers like AS or G&G.

TKDKid

Reaction score

GBer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tchoy
a delivery van with 45 pairs of EGs shoes were stolen

And just recently I saw an EG flood

nest.gif

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
......a delivery van with 45 pairs of EGs shoes were stolen including mine.

Don't worry, your shoes will turn up. - Just look out on eBay!
laugh.gif

EFBenson

Reaction score
I believe Tricker's 'bespoke' is essentially MTO on your own last. The chap I spoke to in their shop on Jermyn Street did not use the word bespoke

theyare

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
EG's service is getting worst. Ordered a pair of Oundle back last June, sent three emails regarding it's status in December none were return. A phone call to the London store and then I was told a delivery van with 45 pairs of EGs shoes were stolen including mine. I told them a reply email would have been nice.
They promise they will re-make my shoes promptly but not keeping my hopes up too high.
I have been a customer for 10 years and have a quite few pair of EG but going try out other makers like AS or G&G.

Originally Posted by bengal-stripe
Don't worry, your shoes will turn up. - Just look out on eBay!
laugh.gif

I think there was a pair of Oundle that popped on ebay last week! Sold pretty quickly IIRC

edit:
I guess they were actually RLPL Grants, so prob not yours:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ralph-Lauren-Pur...item5adea3c099

upnorth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
45 X USD650 = more than 29K, sure is good business. Beats stealing manhole covers for scraps.

Unless the van was emblazoned with Edward Green on it, I'm 98% sure it is an insider job.

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Something has gone to E. Green's head. How much has their price gone up in about only 5 years? 200%?

Izhitsa

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ich_Dien
Something has gone to E. Green's head. How much has their price gone up in about only 5 years? 200%?

I do regret not finding SF some time in 2006. I really do.
frown.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads