• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lands' End Canvas

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just copped a heritage check poplin and a red chambray workshirt for $36 shipped
smile.gif

Doug C

Reaction score
yea my first of two shipments of LEC items came in too. My review:
The varsity sweatpants and hoodie are awesome, very vintage-y feeling and well made... wish I had more. The cotton vintage jersey polo shirts are great too, they are really thin which will be soo nice in summer. Chambray shorts are nice too..swim board shorts are good (be aware they lack a lining). I like the chambray scarf alot (which was not on sale btw) I've felt better chambray before but on the plus side it's huge and 1/4 the price of the Jcrew one.

on sizing... LEC's large was made for me, I'm 5'/10.5" tall and apprx 180 at the moment. I'd say if Jcrew's large works for you then it will in LEC too. On the shorts I went with a 34 as usual... as that size is slightly loose on me which i like. The swim/board shorts I got in 33 though 'cause even slightly oversized wet swimwear is a hassle IMHO.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Items came in today, very surprise on fit. Size small fit much better IMO than Jcrew shirting but the sleeve length maybe just .5" short. My watch actually shows at the cuff wearing LEC shirt. Quick fit pic of the overdye shirt (purple) and cardigan (navy w/ brown elbow patches (no vis):
5355928166_bd6b6b7659_z.jpg
size Small (5'10 150lbs more or less) Very pleased overall, will order again. edited: side view
5356015852_f18d3703df_z.jpg

wannabeagiant

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gettoasty
Items came in today, very surprise on fit. Size small fit much better IMO than Jcrew shirting but the sleeve length maybe just .5" short. My watch actually shows at the cuff wearing LEC shirt.

Quick fit pic of the overdye shirt (purple) and cardigan (navy w/ brown elbow patches (no vis):
5355928166_bd6b6b7659_z.jpg

size Small (5'10 150lbs more or less)

Very pleased overall, will order again.

edited:
side view
5356015852_f18d3703df_z.jpg

Can you post the link for the cardigan? I checked the site but don't know which one has elbow patches.

Coal_Mining_Polak

Reaction score
^IIRC It was from mainline Lands' end - hard to believe it fits so good!

zerostyle

Reaction score
Ya,

They just restocked a bunch of stuff yesterday.

Gettoasty: Do you have any of their crewneck or v-neck sweaters? I am your exact size, and bought some in a small and medium.

The small is much better fitted to me, but is just a touch short where if I lift up my arms/bend over/etc it will pull up and i'll end up showing my undershirt or skin underneath. The medium is long enough, but runs a bit baggier.

I kept the small for the first one I bought, but just ordered the navy in a small and medium again to try to decide.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Usually how it goes for me is:

Shirts i order small and hang dry
Sweaters i order medium and usually they shrink less if i accidentally throw them in the dryer

some may think it's a hassle having to separate laundry like that but it works for me

and fyi, i did order some of their super tee l/s shirts in medium and will wash/dry them first before wear. plan on wearing as undershirts during the cold

as far as their thicker sweaters i see online, i have yet to try any but would order a medium.

edit:
what are cardigans considered? sweaters? I usually order small in cardigans unless i try them on and need a medium.

edit2:

and for consistency sake, the smalls in the LE's item sleeve length is a tad short i mentioned compared to say a small in jcrew

Cheese1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by alwaysbrokendwn
How is LEC's small compare to J Crew's? I am 5'7" 130lbs (slim build), and J Crew's small (shirts) don't fit me.

Where don't the small fit you? I'm about the same measurements so it's interesting that they'd fit you differently.

ev01ut10ndt

Reaction score
S in Jcrew fit looser in the arms and chest than a S in the Canvas shirts. The Jcrew shirts seem to be more tapered towards the waist and the LEC poplin shirts were more boxy.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i guess it fits differently on people, even those who may share same body types but i find height and weight alone still not good measurements really

I'm 5'10 150lbs but my broad shoulders would not fit well in Jcrew XS. Seems so far as far as shirting goes, I am a small across the board. Though, it seems like the secret wash from Jcrew fit better in general.

On topic: my first LE shirt blows any of the ones from Jcrew i have =\\ (for the most part)

mrbrad

Reaction score
first post on SF longtime lurker. Friend forwarded me the jersey blazer link -- currently going for $40 (+$20 off of $75 and free shipping coupon). For people who have purchased it, is it a tailored fit?

Saw the image some guy posted earlier in this thread, but it was only from the front and looked like there was no drop chest to waist -- if that's the case, I'll pass. Typically between 36 and 38R but with athletic build.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads