• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you do when your wife/GF is away?

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1) Jack it 3+ times a day
2) Watch too much Appreciation
3) Clean and polish my shoes and briefcases
4) Eat like ****

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
bathe, feed, dress and take care of 2 kids. not much more than that

FTFM

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When the wife was with her previous employer, she used to have to go to Alaska for a few days each quarter. I would use that time to go on nice long runs or stay at the gym longer than I normally would, go see movies in the theatre that she had no interest in, and rearrange furniture with the hope that she wouldn't notice when she returned.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nil
Married life sounds a little depressing.

Originally Posted by West24
+1

Strange logic guys. Married people say they miss their wife and don't particularly enjoy when she's away and your interpretation is that married life is depressing? I think you got it slightly backwards.

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
read the above post. moving furniture around and hoping your wife doesnt notice seems like a depressing life to me.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Strange logic guys. Married people say they miss their wife and don't particularly enjoy when she's away and your interpretation is that married life is depressing? I think you got it slightly backwards.

Eh. If you need another person to stop you from compulsively masturbating and eating like ****, yeah, that seems a little depressing.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nil
Eh. If you need another person to stop you from compulsively masturbating and eating like ****, yeah, that seems a little depressing.

Sometimes the wifely unit makes us want to be better men (when they're around). OR sometimes the wifely unit tazes us when we whip out the wang at inappropriate times. Marriage is a funny thing.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I do pretty much the same thing as when she's here, I just don't have my usual partner in crime with me to enjoy things.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nil

Man that's not it at all. More like you rarely get (or would want) a chance to be lazy and hedonistic when you have the family around so on the rare occasion when you can you just do nothing but eat crap food and do whatever amuses you. It's really nice to not have anyone need anything from you for 24 hrs. But not much longer.
Frankly being single seems boring to me now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads