• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yuketen Footwear

s3lam

Reaction score
Thanks MSSneaker and Whatever123!

I got a size UK10 on the Coggles website and the box says they are 11E which is the same size I was able to try on in the Ghille Hunt boot. I tried them on here in a Toronto store while wearing thick sport socks and the fit was spot on. A little snug but from what I read on the Yuketen threads that is how it should feel when brand new and I plan to wear with thicker thermal type socks with these boots. I usually wear a size 44 in CP's, 11US in Red Wings, 11US in Vans, UK10 Lanvin, 44 NDC boat shoe, 11 US Clark Wallabee's.

Not sure how to measure my foot but:

from heel to end of big toe = 10" (approx 27cm)
width (widest part of foot) = 4.5" (approx 11.5 cm)

I hope that helps a bit and gives people a bit of a reference for those wanting to purchase these amazing boots.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
i cant believe all the stores that have those in stock. usually the mg's are the first style to sell out. i know blackbird got there stuff later in the season but coggles still has quite a few sizes. norse still has some ... its amazing. if i wasent set on oak streets i would get a couple of the styles at coggles. yeah, for those of you on the fence on the sizing measure your foot or order your dress shoe size in the yuketen line. good stuff s3lam and thanks again for picking up the yuketen boat shoe's for me
smile.gif

s3lam

Reaction score
no prob whatever123...too bad the boat shoes didn't work for you and you had to sell them!

I have gotten a few messages from peeps wanting a full on fit pic with the shoes so here it is. X-post from Sufu.

DSC_7946.jpg

bbhewee

Reaction score
US 12/13... I just bought the boat shoes off our mutual friend s3lam.
smile.gif

And I just bought some Quoddy Woodsman on the vibram sole to make myself feel better. Still not it though. Haha.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bbhewee
US 12/13... I just bought the boat shoes off our mutual friend s3lam.
smile.gif

And I just bought some Quoddy Woodsman on the vibram sole to make myself feel better. Still not it though. Haha.

thats awesome. yeah, s3lam's super cool.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
http://cgi.ebay.com/Hunting-Boots-es...#ht_500wt_1156 anyone have experience with these? great price and apparently only missing insoles.
if you buy those dont post them in here. there not real yuketens but they might be something yuki did for another line ... although i doubt it. maybe send a picture to yuketen and ask them but i suspect there fakes. take a look at the yuketen styles and then look at those and you will figure it out. there are some fake quoddys on the bay as well.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
wow i had no idea peeps would fake yuks ... thx for warning
yup. people will fake anything if there is a market for it. im starting to expect it now and all the more reason to support good retailers.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still don't understand how everyone is sure they're "fakes"--what's a fake, really? Are they NOT boots made of quality materials in US factories?

Seconds, samples, mistakes; I dunno. Even if the guys at Yuketen disavow them it doesn't mean they weren't originally made for Yuketen in some capacity. Depending on what you like about Yuketens that might not be a prob.

Also note, new snake boots at Blackbird are $870
ffffuuuu.gif

Tn9B9.jpg

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
Still don't understand how everyone is sure they're "fakes"--what's a fake, really? Are they NOT boots made of quality materials in US factories? Seconds, samples, mistakes; I dunno. Even if the guys at Yuketen disavow them it doesn't mean they weren't originally made for Yuketen in some capacity. Depending on what you like about Yuketens that might not be a prob.
yup, nice boots above from blackbird. yes, they might have a $24 vibram christy sole on them but the problem is they are advertised as yuketens. they are not yuketens and thats what makes them fake ... its not hard to figure out. i mean, the boots on ebay have ******* nylon laces ... its all in the details. edit: here are a couple pics of yuketen hunt boot with a similar wool pattern lining. usually yuketen uses wool lining on the the hunt boot, which is obviously very different from the one if the pic on ebay. they also used a lining this season on a maine guide but that one is way different from the one in the ebay pic.
images.jpg
images-1.jpg

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
yup, nice boots above from blackbird.

yes, they might have a $24 vibram christy sole on them but the problem is they are advertised as yuketens. they are not yuketens and thats what makes them fake ... its not hard to figure out.

i mean, the boots on ebay have ******* nylon laces ... its all in the details.

edit: here are a couple pics of yuketen hunt boot with a similar wool pattern lining.

images.jpg
images-1.jpg

I'm on the same page as Whatever123 that these are not Yuketen, but I don't think they're fakes in the sense that somebody is going out of their way and taking the trouble to "fake" Yuketen. There is no market for Yuketen fakes, yet.

I think they are factory samples, possibly from one of the Maine shoe factories. I think they are faked in the sense that they are being sold as Yuks, but I don't think they were originally produced to be fake Yuketens, if that makes sense. If someone was going to fake Yuketen it would behoove them to copy one of their popular styles.

I've also seen a very similar style sold on ebay as a Quoddy boot.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads