• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

Modern Day Adonis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
Be careful man, thats how mine started, and it had me out for months...still isn't 100% which is why I'm not as visible here and running as much as I used to...sucks, and is incredibly painful (barely able to walk for a few weeks this summer)

I appreciate it, I'll take today off and probably tomorrow as well. I'll ice and take ibuprofen to help prevent any more inflammation; I definitely don't want to end up with anything serious, right now it's only sore during dorsiflexion.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Modern Day Adonis
I appreciate it, I'll take today off and probably tomorrow as well. I'll ice and take ibuprofen to help prevent any more inflammation; I definitely don't want to end up with anything serious, right now it's only sore during dorsiflexion.

Give it a good warm up and stretch about a mile in...I remember exactly what I did to hurt mine, worked out hard in the AM, took the kids and wife in the car and drove down to Cape May from Brooklyn for a week vacation...sat in 4 hours of traffic, got there and HAD TO RUN. problem was I must've logged close to 50 miles that week already, and was regularly doing 30ish...some dude on the boardwalk kept trying to pass me, and like an idiot I tore ass at what had to be a sub 6 min mile pace for the last two miles...got to the hotel and felt sore, the next morning I was still sore, and jogged with my kids in the double stroller (easy recovery pace), got back, had breakfast and could barely walk the rest of the week.
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

Its still gives me a little bit of an issue now, but I monitor it much more closely and incorporate biking at the gym to make up for miles I don't do on the road. I only do about 20-30 miles on a really good week now. Had electro therapy done, but didn't take the b-12 injection (needles are my last resort). Its getting slightly better every week, but some weeks have set-backs...hoping to be all done by the summer.

Yesterday, 4.5 miles, listening to the Mumford & Sons album...nice sunset pics, will post later

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
4 miles, wanted to run more but duty called. 29:11

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dreadmill again.

4.11 miles in 35:00 (avg. 8:31 min/mi)

Today's shuffle playlist:

AC/DC - "Hell's Bells"
Deep Purple - "Highway Star [1997 Remix]"
Black Sabbath - "Wasp/Behind the Wall of Sleep/Bassically/N.I.B."
Jethro Tull - "Hymn 43"
Triumph - "Fight the Good Fight"
Radiohead - "Bodysnatchers"

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
NYR, that's an awesome photo.

...today, the fourth day in a row...which I seldom do but was up and raring to go...6.7 miles in about 49:30. Pace got slower after mile four for some strange reason, but I started faster than I should have for the distance.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ive been really sick...not much running.
Have done about 20 miles this week.
I got sick of my trails and wanted to find some real single track. Also, here in Illinois, its crazy flat, so training on hills is nearly impossible.
I managed to find a secret gem of a place, isolated and forgotten that has both....
I ran 8 miles in it yesterday (bad idea, I can hardly breathe today, but it was worth it. I am also insanely quad sore).
Some very technical places (rocky, rooty, ice everywhere), steep ups and down.
Some of the last pics, you can see the white ribbons of single track that wind down the hills and up the other side. There is nothing like this with in 50 miles of here.
There was hardly any tracks (beside critters).
Its only 20 min from my house!!!

Here are the pics.....

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
7.58 miles in 65:00 (avg. 8:35 min/mi)

Today's shuffle playlist:

Led Zeppelin - "We're Gonna Groove"
N.E.R.D. - "Lapdance"
Rush - "Between the Wheels"
Robert Plant - "Burning Down One Side"
Aerosmith - "Same Old Song and Dance"
Tool - "Intolerance"
The Beatles - "I Want You (She's So Heavy)"
Pink Floyd - "Hey You"
Faith No More - "Surprise! You're Dead!"
The Police - "Truth Hits Everybody"
Black Sabbath - "Jack the Stripper/Fairies Wear Boots"
Alice in Chains - "Check My Brain"
Led Zeppelin - "Living Loving Maid (She's Just a Woman)"
The Beatles - "Yesterday"
Phish - "Split Open and Melt [Live]"

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
antirabbit, that looks like an awesome run. Being 20 minute from your house can only help, too.

Today I'm in unchartered territory: I've run each morning for the last five days, plus a long run last Sunday. I'm around 35 miles for the week (which is not as much as I'd like), but 1/3 of those miles were shorter, faster runs. 35 miles isn't new to me, but the speedwork is, as is the 5-days-in-a-row business.

Anyway, today was another speedy day: 4 miles in 28:54 (I think)

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Greetings all, been without internet for about a week.
6.5 today, return to rolling hills went well after weeks of verrrrry flat terrain. Lookign forward to returning to NYC this week and getting dirty on some runs.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Only 2 miles, this morning. Temperature around 5 degrees. Will do 2-3 more this afternoon. I came across a website that had a list of tips for running in winter. It reminded me that I need to drink more water in the winter. Also, applying some Vaseline to the exposed areas of the face--cheeks, lips, nose--helps and makes a difference. http://gearist.com/

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by clarinetplayer
Only 2 miles, this morning. Temperature around 5 degrees. Will do 2-3 more this afternoon. I came across a website that had a list of tips for running in winter. It reminded me that I need to drink more water in the winter. Also, applying some Vaseline to the exposed areas of the face--cheeks, lips, nose--helps and makes a difference. http://gearist.com/

Oh, cool! Thanks for the link, man.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads