• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

TotesMcGotes

Reaction score
So if i sleep on the Raglan Winter Varsities, will some non WV appear? Texas just doesnt get cold enough for the heavier weight... sigh

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I'm not sure a new varsity will appear. It would depend on demand (and that means I'd need tons of people emailing me asking about them, not posting in the the thread - I've learned my lesson about that), because the money I make on them is not considerable enough to keep making them worth it. I have high labor costs that I can't really change.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
how bout a backpack
redface.gif

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I might make a reissue or an update of my backpack - there are some minor tweaks I'd do. The only problem is that people weren't hot for the suede (which is half understandable - the purple was swag overload for many) but I don't really want to make an all-leather daypack. It's hard to make those things not look like a Wilson's leather $30 leather mall backpack.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
suede is fine ... or wool ! the dark purple would be a stuff of dreams anyway

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Yeah I am aware of that, I will need to make the next generation of bags smaller (so it doesn't appear that it can hold that much weight, I guess I have been out of college too long to have remembered putting 3 or 4 heavy texts in a bag at once
redface.gif
) and then do something I've wanted to do with the inner construction. That strap breaking was a derivative of both parts.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I sorta slept on the daypack and I really shouldn't have

The grey suede with silver zips was awesome.

Drew you going to do a duffle bag still? And are the TOJ wallets coming back?

user7

Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
Yeah I am aware of that, I will need to make the next generation of bags smaller (so it doesn't appear that it can hold that much weight, I guess I have been out of college too long to have remembered putting 3 or 4 heavy texts in a bag at once
redface.gif
) and then do something I've wanted to do with the inner construction. That strap breaking was a derivative of both parts.

my strap ripped, I got it repaired, and it's ripping again. And I don't carry anything heavier than a macbook in there.

Not complaining, just fyi, dont think it was really a weight thing.

hurhur

Reaction score
Originally Posted by user7
my strap ripped, I got it repaired, and it's ripping again. And I don't carry anything heavier than a macbook in there.

it may have something to do with the pressure points at the straps. I don't use my daypack whenever I have to carry my macbook around, just in case. But still, the suede is just soft and supple. best and most functional toj purchase yet.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by user7

Did Charly tell you that you can send that back to me? Because you can.
redface.gif
I remember him asking me but I don't know if it went through. (I realize there's something else of yours at my house already)

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Drew,

Any plan for gray leather yet? Particularly the moto? It's been several days since I asked.
biggrin.gif

It's been almost 2 weeks since I put in the DR order, feels just like yesterday. So I should get it by this week in that sense.
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads