1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. hurhur

hurhur Senior member

my strap ripped, I got it repaired, and it's ripping again. And I don't carry anything heavier than a macbook in there.

Not complaining, just fyi, dont think it was really a weight thing.

it may have something to do with the pressure points at the straps. I don't use my daypack whenever I have to carry my macbook around, just in case. But still, the suede is just soft and supple. best and most functional toj purchase yet.

2. kookydooky

kookydooky Senior member

Still doing the oxford shirts?

If so whats the pricing like on those?

3. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

my strap ripped, I got it repaired, and it's ripping again. And I don't carry anything heavier than a macbook in there.

Not complaining, just fyi, dont think it was really a weight thing.

Did Charly tell you that you can send that back to me? Because you can. [​IMG] I remember him asking me but I don't know if it went through. (I realize there's something else of yours at my house already)

4. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Drew,

Any plan for gray leather yet? Particularly the moto? It's been several days since I asked. [​IMG]

It's been almost 2 weeks since I put in the DR order, feels just like yesterday. So I should get it by this week in that sense. [​IMG]

5. corsairjuly

corsairjuly Well-Known Member

Leather backpack, yeah! Would be an insta-kop for me. [​IMG]

6. TotesMcGotes

TotesMcGotes Senior member

I'm not sure a new varsity will appear. It would depend on demand (and that means I'd need tons of people emailing me asking about them, not posting in the the thread - I've learned my lesson about that), because the money I make on them is not considerable enough to keep making them worth it. I have high labor costs that I can't really change.

Sooooo I should initiate Raglan Varsity email requests now...

7. PeteZaSak

PeteZaSak Well-Known Member

Sooooo I should initiate Raglan Varsity email requests now...

I'll take another raglan varsity, non-insulated, in grey body and black sleeves. Please bring it back!

8. Magic1

Magic1 Senior member

And I just want a normal, non-winter, preferably non-raglan varsity...

9. PPS

PPS Active Member

I know its not in the first post, but i remember somebody in the old thread said suede varsity could still be ordered on inquiry...dont know if the new thread changed that, seeing it has not made it to the opening post i think it is not.

As drew said, inquire via email for non wv varsity...not in this thread, that wont work.

10. Wang03

Wang03 Well-Known Member

I agree with most of you that another regular varsity would be nice,
    but I think im gonna wait and see what Drew has in mind for the s/s 2011 season.
    I've seen enough people wearing varsity jackets these days, its still sick,
    but I'm sure Drew's gonna come out with some dope ass jackets =D

11. aether

aether Senior member

12. skyline

skyline Senior member

a smaller version of the og daypack [​IMG]

i would put down a deposit right now for either black/brown calf

13. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Drew, you need to set up a domain like toj.com or toj.net or something that can be remembered easily, man.

I wore my bomber for the first time today (after receiving it about 2 months ago). Went to pay bills and get lunch. The cashier at Macy's said "nice jacket, is that from Express?". LOL. A worker at Barnes & Noble asked me where I got it from. I told him it was from a team of tailors based in S. Korea. I gave him the email address to inquire.

14. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

tojmahal.com is available

15. bakatora

bakatora Senior member

16. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

Drew, you need to set up a domain like toj.com or toj.net or something that can be remembered easily, man.
    http://templeofjawnz.com/

17. skeleton

skeleton Well-Known Member

I wore my bomber for the first time today (after receiving it about 2 months ago). Went to pay bills and get lunch. The cashier at Macy's said "nice jacket, is that from Express?". LOL. A worker at Barnes & Noble asked me where I got it from. I told him it was from a team of tailors based in S. Korea. I gave him the email address to inquire.

hehe, you should wear it more often [​IMG]

18. modalsaliency

modalsaliency Senior member

I was handed my blacked-out DR today, at fucking 6:30 in the morning by a very friendly and animated building manager. Ah, Korea. I love him to death, but fuck that guy.

Anyway.

It is basically the same as my olive lamb DR from the previous thread, but 3 inches shorter in the body and with thicker leather. And it is perfect. Conforms to my body but allows for a layer or two. Too lazy to do pics, but I can take some if anyone is interested.

Take-home lesson: Do not try to make the DR a long jacket, especially if your body curves. The end.

19. umhaha84

umhaha84 Senior member

20. mattt

mattt Senior member

I was handed my blacked-out DR today, at fucking 6:30 in the morning by a very friendly and animated building manager. Ah, Korea. I love him to death, but fuck that guy.

Anyway.

It is basically the same as my olive lamb DR from the previous thread, but 3 inches shorter in the body and with thicker leather. And it is perfect. Conforms to my body but allows for a layer or two. Too lazy to do pics, but I can take some if anyone is interested.

Take-home lesson: Do not try to make the DR a long jacket, especially if your body curves. The end.

dude lets see pics, been waiting to see what the blacked out versions are like.