• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any jeans with similar fit jcrew urban slims?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been looking around for awhile. Was going to go with the APC PS but they are way too tight in the thighs. I have skinny jeans already so Im looking to go a bit more conservatively as I get out of college. The urban slims are an awesome fit on me and I was wondering if anyone had any jeans that had the same measurements. Been looking around for awhile but found nothing. Thanks!

Jeans can be raw, whatever. Just looking for a cut.

Thanks!

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would imagine Jcrews 484 denim would fit pretty similarly, no?

dsoren

Reaction score
The J. Crew 484 Slim is actually slimmer than the J. Crew Urban Slim.

I wear the urban slim cords and chinos alot, and I really like my Left Field Slim Straights. You can get them at MORTAR:

http://www.shopmortar.com/store/coll...dge-denim.html

The price point is solid. They fit a bit on the tighter side when I purchased them, but like most raw denim, they stretched out quite nicely. Here's a fit pic:

img0666ui.jpg

Where are you located? If you are close to a store that stocks a decent amount of premium denim, I would go there. If not, you can call up the folks at MORTAR, Context, or a number of other independent stores and they will help you find a jean with the fit you are looking for.

Oh, and if the APC PS is too tight in the thigh, the NS might be a good fit...

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey currently in in New Jersey for winter break but headed back to Chicago for school soon.

Personally I have tried on the APC PS and they seem like skinny jeans to me. My go to skinny jeans are the Nudie Slim Jims in size 28. They are of similar measurements so I didnt bother trying them on.

Will defiantly look into the 484, however the raw jeans are 250 bucks =(

jessis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dsoren

I wear the urban slim cords and chinos alot, and I really like my Left Field Slim Straights. You can get them at MORTAR:

The price point is solid. They fit a bit on the tighter side when I purchased them, but like most raw denim, they stretched out quite nicely. Here's a fit pic:

img0666ui.jpg

Where are you located? If you are close to a store that stocks a decent amount of premium denim, I would go there. If not, you can call up the folks at MORTAR, Context, or a number of other independent stores and they will help you find a jean with the fit you are looking for.

Nice jeans - exactly the fit I like too.

dsoren

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dashaansafin
Hey currently in in New Jersey for winter break but headed back to Chicago for school soon.

Personally I have tried on the APC PS and they seem like skinny jeans to me. My go to skinny jeans are the Nudie Slim Jims in size 28. They are of similar measurements so I didnt bother trying them on.

Will defiantly look into the 484, however the raw jeans are 250 bucks =(

Don't get the J. Crew 484 raws. They are a rip off in my opinion. You can get American-made stuff that is much higher quality for as much, if not less, money.

Chi-town has a nice Barney's; they will have a large denim selection. I don't know where you are in NJ, but it may be worth taking the train into NYC for a day to hit up Blue in Green, Self Edge, etc. If you are interested in the 484 raws, even though I advise against them, the J. Crew Liquor Store or Men's Shop on Madison Ave. should have them.

Originally Posted by jessis
Nice jeans - exactly the fit I like too.

Thanks man! I have been very happy with them. Apparently LF's have some of the best bang for the buck...

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Will make a trip up to NY. Like your Left Field's, however I dont have enough right now
smile.gif

Trenditional

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dsoren

img0666ui.jpg

Did you size down or buy your usual size?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads