• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Some Pics of Saint Crispin's Shoes

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chatty
I have ordered two pairs of MTO from St. Crispin. I just emailed one of the owners Phillip Car to place the order. He is very responsive and helpful. I'm sure if you email the address they list on their website, they should respond.

They did a trunk show in NYC back in the fall of 2008, which is how I knew what size would fit etc. Sadly, there wasn't enough turnout (given economy was starting to struggle), so don't think they made any plans to come back stateside.

My understanding is they are more of a MTO shop, so not much stock lying around. But plus side is that unlike lots of other brands, there is no upcharge for buying MTO.

I have shoes from other high-end brands (EG, Lobb, G&G, Corthay, JM Weston) and think they are on par with them. Great shoes.

details chatty? who to email?

Also - what's up with the sizing? what size do you wear in SC's and what other shoes and lasts do you own?

chatty

Reaction score
I am wary of just handing out their personal email that I have used without getting permission.

[email protected]

That is the email they've listed on their website. My experience is that they've been pretty responsive to emails in the past.

So I've gotten 2 different types of lasts from them, the Traditional and the Chiseled. They have a new Screwdriver last which is supposed to be more square, but I have not seen in person.

I bought 8.5F with my St. Crispins. They are a little bit roommier than some of my other shoes. I wear 8.5E for EG (202 and 888 last), G&G 8.5E (TG73 Last) and 8.5E JLP (8000 Last)...

Note, with the G&G and EG...I find those to be a little too snug...I actually had my EGs stretched a bit and am considering getting that done with my G&Gs...

With my St. Crispins...I think I could've gotten away with doing E instead of F, but might have needed to get some stretching...

chatty

Reaction score
Also, forgot to mention...

I have my first bespoke pair on from G&G. Ordered them when they came for a trunk show and Tony measured my feet.

According to him, I'm definitely an 8.5 length...but with regards to width...my right foot is like an F and the left foot is like an E.

So with regards to my Crispin shoes...I definitely find the roominess more in my left foot than my right...

But I still find that they fit find and enjoy my shoes...but I'm not super picky on that stuff...

GBer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by koolhistorian
Not more unsafe than parts of Vienna I might say
biggrin.gif
. The factory is in Feldioara, which is near Brasov, to Brasov you can arrive either by plane (to Bucharest and Sibiu) and then the train. But I don't think they have a factory shop!

What are the prices at the factory shop?

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Nice

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Very nice boots Andrew, I love the shape of the last, and have always been a fran of the austerity of the austerity brogue..
inlove.gif

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
i love st crispin shoe tree's i wish more brands would do them the same or at least offer the option

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Beautiful boots, I have a passion for austerity brogues.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads