1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Some Pics of Saint Crispin's Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Eustace Tilley, Sep 28, 2007.

1. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Senior member

so, do you go to romania to buy them?

Nope - just order online. Sizing is easy if you know your correct size on the EG 888/82 lasts.

2. LynahFaithful

LynahFaithful Senior member

Nope - just order online. Sizing is easy if you know your correct size on the EG 888/82 lasts.

Agreed. Go to their website and send an e-mail. They work with you in all respects and they even sent leather samples to me.

3. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

To anyone else who has ordered St. Crispin's as well as ET and Lynah:

How does the sizing relate to the EG 888 last?

How much was shipping, pricing, any customs charges?

Did you go for the PRET line, or did you do bespoke?

Do they come with trees? How long did your pair(s) take to arrive once ordered?

Anything else I should know before trying to place an order with St. Crispin's?

4. Peter Benders

Peter Benders Member

beautiful shoes. i liked the boot type one. how much do these cost? keep posting pics like these

5. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Sadly, these are not mine but rather taken at the workshop in Romania. Fantastic shoes, and the owners are a pleasure to deal with. [​IMG]
    jayzus....and i thought my EG mink suede/dark oak Malverns were hot shit. this totally raises the bar [​IMG]

6. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

jayzus....and i thought my EG mink suede/dark oak Malverns were hot shit. this totally raises the bar [​IMG]

i like this one:

[​IMG]

it would be better if they adalaided the boot instead of having the stitching go sideways midboot.

7. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

ET - how does one get to go to the factory in romania? do they sell direct from there as well? (factory store)

8. Eustace Tilley

ET - how does one get to go to the factory in romania? do they sell direct from there as well? (factory store)

Sorry - no clue on how to get there. Though I doubt if the factory sells direct, but you could check.

9. 82-Greg

82-Greg Senior member

Gorgeous shoes. I thought they were based out of Austria, not Romania. Or did they just outsource the manufacturing there?

10. Bellison

Bellison Senior member

Well of course a person from India would not be able to afford these shoes.

Too expensive

11. Eustace Tilley

Gorgeous shoes. I thought they were based out of Austria, not Romania. Or did they just outsource the manufacturing there?

They have a wholly-owned factory in Romania.

12. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

13. comrade

comrade Senior member

Exactly.

14. apropos

apropos Senior member

Great shoes.
    Well of course a person from India would not be able to afford these shoes.
    Sweet mother of god I cannot believe no one else has picked up on this idiocy masquerading as a post. IIRC 2 Indians are 4th and 5th on the Forbes richest list, and he's actually from the Netherlands. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

headquarter is in austria, including a showroom, where you can buy discontinued models and "seconds".

production has always been in romania. i recall some reports about factory tours on various blog-sites(years ago), but dunno how you qualify for that. i guess, being a journalist might not be a disadvantage.

the brand is merely unknown/"unpopular" in austria and they focus on the export market.

16. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

not that it matters too much. in general - romania is not the safest place to travel. don't forget your bodyguards. iirc, the factory is in the heart of romania, so it might be a hassle to get there. travel expenses would easily eat up the "discount". on the other hand, the adventure and experince is priceless.

17. bengal-stripe

bengal-stripe Senior member Dubiously Honored

......on the other hand, the adventure and experince is priceless.

The factory is in Brasov, while you're there, you can always visit "Dracula's Castle" nearby.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bran_Castle

18. koolhistorian

koolhistorian Senior member

not that it matters too much.

in general - romania is not the safest place to travel. don't forget your bodyguards.

iirc, the factory is in the heart of romania, so it might be a hassle to get there. travel expenses would easily eat up the "discount". on the other hand, the adventure and experince is priceless.

Not more unsafe than parts of Vienna I might say [​IMG]. The factory is in Feldioara, which is near Brasov, to Brasov you can arrive either by plane (to Bucharest and Sibiu) and then the train. But I don't think they have a factory shop!

19. clintonf

clintonf Senior member

Great shoes.

Sweet mother of god I cannot believe no one else has picked up on this idiocy masquerading as a post.

IIRC 2 Indians are 4th and 5th on the Forbes richest list, and he's actually from the Netherlands. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I'm with you. How can people ignore this and not call this "person" out? What's interesting to me, is that people become more animated over the construction of a pair shoes than someone who is either trying to make a joke and is deluded enough to think it's funny, or so ignorant that he shouldn't be allowed an internet connection.

Well done for spotting this.

Clint

20. blauiman

blauiman Active Member

Anybody seen some models/pics of their new project ZonkyBoot ???