• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PandArts
It's The End Of The World As We Know It...

Fit_010611_01.jpg

Dont know how i missed this PA. Good thing Louche requoted it. When i saw it i thought you had me on ignore ... lol.

This is very awesome. The blue shirt complements the green/blue tie very well. And the suit is a nice shade of gray too. Doesnt look like anything like your H&M stuff. Who makes the suit?

Originally Posted by Holdfast
Having fun experimenting:

Not bad C. I'd tuck the laces into the sides of the shoes (at least thats what i do typically to make it look cleaner, especially if the laces are a contrasting color from the shoes). I think the sizing of the jeans are fine ... not too big and not too skinny.

Now roll thru the streets of Babylon with swagger ... lol.

Originally Posted by ManofKent
It's a great coat you should wear it more
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Orgetorix
Niidawg, great tie/jacket combo. What are the shoes?

thanks guys. the shoes are Earlhams by CT

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tshaw
Hi, TB - the post on polishing shoes I mentioned is post #205952 from Fashion Camelion on October 28/2010...Sorry I didn't get to before now, but was not feeling good the last couple of days...
Thanks, Tom. Hope you're feeling better.

Originally Posted by niidawg3
Hmm - i dont know your tailors so i probably shouldnt question them ... but a collar gap is not that hard to fix.
I guess I'll go back and try again. I have nothing to lose by my gaps.

Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
I have this issue a lot with RTW and MTM as well. I have knocked-knees and no ass so I get horseshoe shaped ripples in the back of my thighs.
laugh.gif

6a9d7980.jpg

I love the way the blue pounces out from the camel jacket.

Originally Posted by MBreinin
It seems WAYWRN has become WCWNT (What Can We Nitpick Today).
Take it as a compliment, Mike. Bad fits get very general comments like "That ain't working." Great fits get very specific comments like...well, like the ones you get.

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty in Pink

Leaning-8.jpg
Feet-26.jpg

Closeup-54.jpg

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Threadbearer
Take it as a compliment, Mike. Bad fits get very general comments like "That ain't working." Great fits get very specific comments like...well, like the ones you get.

Oh, I am not offended in any way, TB. I rather enjoy the examination of the minute aspects of fits. Like I said before, I can only get that kind of stuff here. In the real world people see a brown suit and shiny shoes. I was just making a joke, anyway.

Mike

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dont know how i missed this PA. Good thing Louche requoted it. When i saw it i thought you had me on ignore ... lol.

This is very awesome. The blue shirt complements the green/blue tie very well. And the suit is a nice shade of gray too. Doesnt look like anything like your H&M stuff. Who makes the suit?

LOL Naw dawg never have you on the ignore
laugh.gif
I just happen to post a lot right before or after someone's stunning ensambe
confused.gif

Cheers! I again waffled between this tie and my blue pin dot Dior tie. In the end I went with this one because I liked the cool splash of colour and well it's new
blush.gif

As for the suit?
peepwall[1].gif

It's H&M
devil.gif
But it's their higher end 100% Venalba 120s made in Italy (the fabric that is). I got it about 4 years ago. It has a small tear in the left elbow which I have yet to get repaired so I took it out of rotation for a while with the plan to get it mended, which I plan to do in the coming weeks.

NotDickDiver

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
Back from our cruise to the Mexican Riviera... awesome time.
smile.gif

Nice. When I go to the "riviera" of some war-torn third world country I will make sure to post pictures.

Originally Posted by lee_44106
Phat,

that face doesn't flatter those glasses.

Fixed it for you
devil.gif

spoozy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by yfyf
2011-01-06-ethan-mark-s.jpg

2011-01-06-ethan-1-s.jpg

2011-01-06-mark-2-s.jpg

Good to see that even gods fail sometimes: the socks ain´t matching with the trousers. But that is failing on the highest level possible.

Originally Posted by TTO
Spoozy, love your home made bows, do you line them? If so, with what, I have a few I made, but they are either too floppy, or a pain to turn right side out after sewing...if you have any tips please do share them...PM me if you want!

Well, sometimes i do...it really depends on the fabric. The thicker it gets, the more unlikely i put lining into it. The ones that i have made are from heavier cloth, so don´t need no lining.
To prevent the bow ends from falling inwards, i always use some extra-fabric left of where the two halfs are stitched together...if you then turn the bow inside up, this leftover kind of "fills" the inside of the bow....know what i am meaning?
If not, check this one out: http://gescott14.blogspot.com/2008/0...n-bowties.html

Originally Posted by SpooPoker
PS was silk.

Yes, i thought so...i only suggested you could replaced it with a woolen / cashmere one
smile.gif

Nevermind...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Big things Thursday :
A special thank you to Tom at LeatherSoul for hooking up the Gazianos!
67dc1b76.jpg

Damn Spoo, this is a God-Zilla look. Which makes me look even more embarassing...

060120113095.jpg
060120113097.jpg
060120113096.jpg
060120113098.jpg
060120113091.jpg

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I really like that tie spoozy! Is that the narrow blade peaking out from behind or is just a crease?

citoyen

Reaction score
happy new year to everyone!

I haven´t been posting for quite the time (a year i guess). had to learn and do a lot: i passed my state examination with quite a very good mark, so now i can call myself a physician officially! this is what i wore during my oral examination ("practical" bed side testing the first day, then theoretical examination on the second day). yes i changed the shirt, it was wet after day 1
blush.gif

please excuse the crappy pics, we were in a hurry. the bar has been raised in this thread don´t know if i can compete (as if i had in the past!
blush.gif
);
some regulars are gone (phat guido?vox?barims?etc.), others are new... anything happened last year?
laugh.gif

yes, it looks rumpled, it was AFTER day 2
yes, suspenders. a good choice, because i had to move a lot during day 1, it was quite comfortable.

greetings,

t

shoes: c&j connaught
trousers: golden goose loro piana (thrifted)
jacket: bespoke ... (thrifted!)
shirt: zara or something similiar on both days
suspenders: noname (gifted)
tie: woven wool tie, unsigned (thrifted)

spoozy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PandArts
^ I really like that tie spoozy! Is that the narrow blade peaking out from behind or is just a crease?

Cheers, Pandarts...that´s a narrow blade, the tie is rather skinny (which will get the boys started
smile.gif
)

srivats

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yfyf
2011-01-06-ethan-mark-s.jpg

So woolly ... Love the outfit ... the shoes are really nice, yfyf!

Originally Posted by binge
Early morning fog.
20110106-1.jpg

Bingey, nice outfit ... great pattern matching on the jacket. Bespoke?

I like the chinos (except for their length). I hope you are wearing boots.

Originally Posted by Orgetorix
Photos getting better. The full shot is still a bit noisy, but this may be the best I can do with my poor little camera and my poor little photography skills.

DSCF6814.jpg

Nice photo O ... the perspective is good. Nice colors on the outfit as well (the contrast collar looks great) ... and to add to your last comment, I like your slightly narrow TNSIL look -- it suits you.

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by spoozy
Cheers, Pandarts...that´s a narrow blade, the tie is rather skinny (which will get the boys started
smile.gif
)

Ah See!? Now I knew there was a reason why I liked it!
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 108 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.4%

Forum statistics

Threads