• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My shoe rotation and handmade bespoke Burmese teak wood shoe cabinet

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by taxgenius69
I'm not sure how I missed this thread until now.
confused.gif

facepalm.gif
man, it has been here for more than a year and has been resurrected no less than 5 times since

gracian

Reaction score
Wow. How'd I miss this... I actually bought a pair of EG dovers from him way back when. He probably replaced them with some JL's judging by the collection. As I recall, I believe he was somehow acquainted with aportnoy...perhaps a long lost cousin.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Holy cow!

bck

Reaction score
Now I have a reason for living.

AJL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gracian
Wow. How'd I miss this... I actually bought a pair of EG dovers from him way back when. He probably replaced them with some JL's judging by the collection. As I recall, I believe he was somehow acquainted with aportnoy...perhaps a long lost cousin.

Sure, it's a nice cabinet with some pretty shoes, neatly organized and displayed. As regards aportnoy, I'm not sure anyone but Andrew can fully fathom the extent of his collection, and perhaps it is difficult even for him. I believe his shoes have their own mailing address. (It is a longstanding SF fantasy to one day be privy to a photographic essay of said collection. Frankly, I'm not sure we could handle it.)

GBer

Reaction score
Any recent updates to your collection? Pics appreciated.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GBer
Any recent updates to your collection? Pics appreciated.

I think you would have better luck finding a picture of Manton and MetroStyles making out on the corner of Madison and 63rd in front of Hermes where through the window Foo is receiving his green breast wallet.

ktrp

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
I think you would have better luck finding a picture of Manton and MetroStyles making out on the corner of Madison and 63rd in front of Hermes where through the window Foo is receiving his green breast wallet.

10 minutes since this comment, and no photoshop of it. SF is a fantastic forum, but would benefit from more bored photoshop experts.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ktrp
10 minutes since this comment, and no photoshop of it. SF is a fantastic forum, but would benefit from more bored photoshop experts.

There are no known images of Metro. If not, Mr. Sam Im sure would be on it.

phailing101

Reaction score
Unbelievable.

That Cabinet is something you don't see made anymore. A true gem.

Not to mention the SAB briefcase and extensive collection of alpha shoes.

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I wonder "what do these guys do for a living?!"

Those shoes are worth over $30k easily. What do you guys do? I work I'm finance and am learning how to dress properly so I'm still a newbie.

Cheers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads