• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Abboud at Nordstrom Rack

JG000

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NachoBroadway
I endorse Joseph Abboud for under $300.
+1 I paid about $250 for my Abboud suit, and it literally got me the job (and some compliments). No complaints here. Threadstater, there's really no reason to return the suit- unless it is especially ill-fitting. Remember the world outside of SF is far less harsh and critical than we are. You never noticed tie to lapel width synchrony before you logged on here, did you?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
when i first started wearing suits i bought joseph abboud, i had 3 of them they all lasted for years and wore very well, this was about 6-7 years ago i dont know if the quality has changed but i was very happy, and for a good starter suit i think its great, if you want to scour for a better deal on a better make you can can but you wont find the same selection you have with abboud at that price point. also far better than anything youll find at MW or JAB

Johnny24

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fred H.
I've had a lot of success with NRack over the years. Lots of great HF suits, Robert Talbott ties, etc. You can often find terrific bargains if you know what brand/model/size fits you. Sadly, I checked out the stock in my regular Nordstrom store a few days ago and they seem to be carrying significantly fewer HF suits. Portends slim pickins at the Rack.

BTW, I had a bad experience with a JA odd jacket (silk blend) that look horrible by the end of the first season. Gave it away to Goodwill within three months. But that's just one guy's experience with one item. Grain of salt it.

I love The Rack, the one near me has a ton of great suits on a pretty regular basis. As I said before I live in an area where we have the only Rack/retail store combo in the country so I have sometimes found the exact same thing in the basement as upstairs for much less. I have really done a killing on the ties in my local location. I have Talbot Best of Class in a few staple colors, and some Zenga ties that I snagged there as well. One that gets overlooked is the 1X platinum ties, the silk is pretty nice and they are made in Italy (for what that is worth). Some of them are a bit more "fun" than say my Brooks Bros or JPress ties but they would be great for a wedding or non-business deal/trial type day. They do have one black pindot model that I am eying up though. I think tomorrow I am going to go for it. They actually make a pretty nice knot too. Almost no one in my area knows how to dress, at least in the SF MC sense of the word so I always kill it in The Rack, mostly based on what I have learned in this forum. I have noticed the three Nordys that I shop in have far less HF stuff as well. It is distressing but you can still order it if you want and their sales staff is the most helpful in the business, bar none.

Originally Posted by in stitches
when i first started wearing suits i bought joseph abboud, i had 3 of them they all lasted for years and wore very well, this was about 6-7 years ago i dont know if the quality has changed but i was very happy, and for a good starter suit i think its great, if you want to scour for a better deal on a better make you can can but you wont find the same selection you have with abboud at that price point. also far better than anything youll find at MW or JAB

I would argue that Sig Gold when had on sale for around $300 are a better buy but the rest of the JAB lines are equal if not less than the good Abboud stuff you can find in The Rack. I would be cautious of Overstocks supply though, some of them see to be the low end models.

JAB is also good for throw away type things or minimal wear items like seersucker suits, and the poplin models if you can get the correct fit. I also have their Sig peak tux as my beater tuxedo and it is great for what it is.

ismelllikepoop

Reaction score
Originally Posted by in stitches

seriously. I have some abboud stuff that fits me fine, and until i came on here on SF, never realized it was supposed to fall apart after 2 washes like hugo boss. "construction" on this site is a term overused, i wouldnt worry about it if it fits fine and didnt cost an arm and a leg. not everything needs to be fully canvassed and goodyear welted. id rather buy what i like than go spec shopping like so many on here do.

ChicagoMediaMan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ismelllikepoop
seriously. I have some abboud stuff that fits me fine, and until i came on here on SF, never realized it was supposed to fall apart after 2 washes like hugo boss. "construction" on this site is a term overused, i wouldnt worry about it if it fits fine and didnt cost an arm and a leg. not everything needs to be fully canvassed and goodyear welted. id rather buy what i like than go spec shopping like so many on here do.

Sorry, but your username makes it nearly impossible to take anything you post seriously.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChicagoMediaMan
Sorry, but your username makes it nearly impossible to take anything you post seriously.

smile.gif
laugh.gif
lol8[1].gif
bounce2.gif
devil.gif

Fred H.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChicagoMediaMan

I was tempted to respond with "no ****," but thought better about it. As an old farmer once said to me: "Looked like cow ****, smelled like cow ****, tasted like cow ****... thank GOD I didn't step in it."

GiltEdge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gibberish
Is Abboud a Rack specific brand? What's the verdict on the suit quality?

I bought one just because it was priced right (under $300) and fit me rather well. Much better then the $900 Armani that was there too, which fit more like a 38 then 42..

Congrats you figured out Italian clothes are slimmer. And for $300 you might as well not wear a suit at all. But then I would say that for anything under $2,200.

Originally Posted by Gibberish
I forgot to mention, I wear suites maybe a dozen times a year so durability isn't the biggest concern for me. I just like to do my research before committing and found myself here.

Explain your research?

Roger Everett

Reaction score
There are many stores that carry the Joseph Abboud suits. Most of them that I've seen start at the 3-400 range. As I see it -- if it fits good and you like the fabric and coloring -- fine. And if this is the case, take it to a good tailor ( don't know if NRack does the tailoring ) and have them hem pants and jacket sleeves or whatever might need done to fit it good, and enjoy. You might spend a day running around looking at what everyone has and just get f'en burned out. No need to spend a grand on a suit, just to impress some a-hole you don't know, and most people wouldn't know the difference anyhow. Well fitting suit- crisply done shirt- smart looking tie, look out world here you come.
Roger

Johnny24

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PaoloM
Congrats you figured out Italian clothes are slimmer. And for $300 you might as well not wear a suit at all. But then I would say that for anything under $2,200.

Ignore this ^

Typical SF elitism type comment, enjoy your find and I hope it works for you.

ismelllikepoop

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johnny24
Ignore this ^

Typical SF elitism type comment, enjoy your find and I hope it works for you.

yeah i really dont get all the e-badasses here on SF. I thought maybe these guys have something to show for it, until you see the pictures they post of themselves. so many posts of them getting shat on in real life so i guess they have to do it to others on here

BlueHorseShoe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PaoloM

Dude, you are affiliated with a brand and advertise yourself as such. Do you think that you are endearing yourself to anyone around here? Do you think your employers at Paul Stuart would appreciate you being the SF front for their brand and then being so abrasive?

Johnny24

Reaction score
That guy works for Paul Stuart???? Hahaha, wow, I think I know who he is from the time I was in there on my last visit to NYC.

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As someone said, you get what you pay for. I do want to mention that if you're like me, athletic physique that's "top heavy" aka wide shoulders/chest but smaller waist, then the abboud will probably be the better fit than other OTR suits.

I've tried on a few just because and they fit well.

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ITT: noobs trying to make their case

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads