• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

*Tee*

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Solid as usual, Mark. ( Even though I agree with dtmt ) ____ Yo, Binker. I'm keen to guess... This is one of the jackets that fit you "pretty well", right !?
laugh.gif

Binker

Reaction score
didnt think that coat would meet the sf standard, although I dont agree that it looks awful. yes the cut is rather generous but its comfortable and lightweight, all I really want from a beater

tee, I'm sorry you don't think my body looks good in clothing, but theres not much I can do about that and the smarmy engrish is getting a bit tiresome. lets just move forward, okay !?

sh0ebox

Reaction score
Originally Posted by WhoKnewI
Who makes the leather, shoebox?
Originally Posted by *Tee*
Looks like RO to the middle eastern ebay seller who makes these jackets, too.
FTFY, Tee. But Tee is pretty much on point... it's made by a BS-esque seller (he calls his company Daytona Bikewear) but IMO his work is much better/faster and his leather is higher quality than that of BS. Price is still on point, too (sub-$300). I'm fairly confident that I'm short enough that a size 1 RO leather or similar would fit long(er than intended) on me and that would probably not look good
ffffuuuu.gif
-- so custom measured is probably my best option
blush.gif

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Binker
didnt think that coat would meet the sf standard, although I dont agree that it looks awful. yes the cut is rather generous but its comfortable and lightweight, all I really want from a beater
You should aim a little higher for a beater. It looks awful in that photo. If it's better in real life, fair enough I suppose.

Binker

Reaction score
tbh I don't know that it is.
smile.gif
perhaps I'll spring if see a nice lightweight coat for cheap in one of the sale forums, but for now this is the jacket I'm comfortable having beer spilled all over

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sdfsdf2.jpg

Jacket looks too wide. And the shortish length combined with the generously cut arms exaggerates this look. Maybe if you button it up the fit will improve a bit?

Also, I'm not a fan of the light gray CP sneakers in this context. A few years back I bought a pair from Revolve thinking the color would mesh well with everything, but I ended up returning them. The gray color combined with the overly clean styling just looked so dead and characterless to me. White CP's would probably be better.

WhoKnewI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
looks great zissou, keep that beard

sdfsdf2.jpg

IMG_1593.jpg

eg pea jacket
mmm sweat
apc ns
cp gum sole

Ye, that jacket looks pretty bad. However, those gum soles look awesome.

Gravitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks awesome Zissou, don't even mind the cuffs.

Originally Posted by ManofKent
Cheers guys. The Iron hearts look good - maybe when cashflow allows (exchange rate and customs duty pus them out of reach at the moment). I've ordered some 514's and STF 501's for the time being, at least it'll be a small step up and give me a better idea of what fits me better.

Have you ever tried on Uniqlo's denim? You do have on a Qlo flannel in the picture so probably, but if not you should try on the MIJs, +J and S001s. Cheap and the quality isn't too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads