• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mafoofan struggles to buy breast wallet at Hermes . . . arises victorious!

D Yizz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by changy
Good find. Less flip flop guy, more this. Although her shoes makes her legs look a little chunky.

What?
plain.gif

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
shiiit

i found the thread she came from

http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/st...ce-649950.html

lol at h experience. herpes? heroine?

It's somewhat amusing how various other forums read SF and discuss the threads here.

Also interesting to note the difference in attitude between the male opinions here (universally negative against Hermes) and those at PurseForum.

aphextwin07

Reaction score
wow, this thread really delivered! the x-post over to purseforum sounds like the women over there are a bunch of arrogant, hoodrat hoochies... 1000 bucks says 99% of those women have been single their whole lives and will never find a man because they are way too superficial and pretentious. they must be living on another planet.

AE7

Reaction score
the story is
ffffuuuu.gif

From my personal experience with Hermes: Once I phoned they store in London checking the availability and price for a leather watch strap. I was told that the profile SA is busy at the moment and was asked for my mob. number. In a couple of hours I received a call from a very polite gentleman who availed my inquiry. The strap was only 200 pounds but both London and Edinburgh (which I phoned too) stores provided excellent customer services.

Sazerac

Reaction score
She comes in here like someone's batshit crazy aunt, calls one of our esteemed colleagues a jerk in her first post, then has the petit-bourgeois temerity to call us ill-mannered!

Oh, 4chan, hear our prayers!

ichobi

Reaction score
I have to stop watching Boardwalk Empire's last episode to read this thread. Pure entertainment.
worship.gif

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aphextwin07
wow, this thread really delivered! the x-post over to purseforum sounds like the women over there are a bunch of arrogant, hoodrat hoochies... 1000 bucks says 99% of those women have been single their whole lives and will never find a man because they are way too superficial and pretentious. they must be living on another planet.

stay classy

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OMG i think i sat next to this woman on a SFO to JFK redeye flight. she was on the cellphone with someone (probably family member who was going to pick her up) and actually berated the person on the other end of the line for pronouncing "Hermes" wrong (I guess she was going to buy a bag in duty free). it was a redeye and I slept in but was awoken by the scent smelly feet... hers! still very pretty though... please let it be her.. LOL
Originally Posted by Fred H.
Well, okay, now maybe there IS something worth oggling over there...
IMG_2891.JPG

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD
OMG i think i sat next to this woman on a SFO to JFK redeye flight. she was on the cellphone with someone (probably family member who was going to pick her up) and actually berated the person on the other end of the line for pronouncing "Hermes" wrong (I guess she was going to buy a bag in duty free). it was a redeye and I slept in but was awoken by the scent smelly feet... hers! still very pretty though... please let it be her.. LOL
This set me thinking. I wonder how many SFers have been sitting in a business class lounge at a major airport with frequenters of PF, FNB, AAAC and any of the other myriad clothing forums. When you think about it our little habit is not a cheap one and it stands to reason that as a result many of our members (the community has 61,000+ registered members) are in the kind of demographic where this is probable. On a transatlantic flight there are what 12 seats in business class? Not many here are wealthy enough to spend $15,000 for first class, but $5,000 for business seams reasonable. About half an A&S suit in fact. And about the price of the average post in the Watch Appreciation thread. So it seems rather likely that the guy you just held the door for is quite probably the guy you laugh at on AAAC. And that cute girl who just ordered a Bloody Mary may well be the one mocking you at PF.

AE7

Reaction score
I also wonder what the SA's response would have been to the guy who wanted to make a wallet out of his outer flesh?

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
lol she thinks we're jealous of her.

we couldn't give a **** how many birkins you have. i personally think its disgusting and hypocritical how you flaunt your new money in rather trivial ways just because it's H. you're only justifying the douchebaggery of H because your beloved H is what gives your new money its status.

bourgeoisie have no taste. an H on your belt or hermes printed on your bag doesn't give you class or style just the image of it to the plebs

how is this different from what SF espouses?
plain.gif

The Birkin has minimal to no logo. The craftsmanship is without a doubt superb if not unrivalled. It's expensive. The user gets much satisfaction.

All this can be applied to, for instance...

-Capelli tie
-Rubinacci suits
-Charvet shirts
-JL or EG shoes

you know, ........all those things SF goes ga-ga over.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Just goes to show, at least that Styleforum does not have a monopoly on rude, combative behavior.
At least we generally wait until someone comes here to belittle and insult them. We don't seek them out and anonymously attack them.
smile.gif

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106
plain.gif

The Birkin has minimal to no logo. The craftsmanship is without a doubt superb if not unrivalled. It's expensive. The user gets much satisfaction.

All this can be applied to, for instance...

-Capelli tie
-Rubinacci suits
-Charvet shirts
-JL or EG shoes

you know, ........all those things SF goes ga-ga over.

The difference is that, if you can afford it, you can 'just walk in' to EG and order a pair of bespoke shoes. They don't make you buy 20 pairs of ready to wear to 'build up a relationship' first.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106
plain.gif
The Birkin has minimal to no logo. The craftsmanship is without a doubt superb if not unrivalled. It's expensive. The user gets much satisfaction. All this can be applied to, for instance... -Capelli tie -Rubinacci suits -Charvet shirts -JL or EG shoes you know, ........all those things SF goes ga-ga over.

do you see honest discussion about quality of hermes on purseforum. they just care that it's the birkin bag that the ****** magazines go gaga over. it's not an appreciation of the craftmanship but the name. the craftmanship is just an extra benefit. who the **** knows about capelli ties and rubinacci suits? we've had this discussions millions of times and i'm tired of it. i'm disgusted with the pretentiousness of the bag lady. i could care less how illogical it is in comparison to sf. i dont frequent here that much but so far i havent heard brand whoring over rubinacci simply because of the name. also ditto on above post

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads